VictorDoom's 2h Marauder, 7.7k life(no kaoms) huge dps[Uber Killed, with video] [2.0]

"
Relytz wrote:
So I was looking at the new 2.0 tree and made a build.

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQU8BWYJlgthDF8OPBEaE0wUIBRNFHEX4RiRGbQcpyPTJvgwdzGeNZI5DjpSOuE8BTwtPfxAoEMxRrdHfkh4TP9N404qTjJQR1OlV1RYY1n-XhNfP2FSZFJlTWhlaPJqk28ncqlza3Ttdqx674IHg1-DzITZhVKGYIzPj2CTqJd5mmqiAKZXrY2vbLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbBo8RYxPbFU8auxtjPftNv1ljYvdlh2Xzawdwy4J_iYeRR6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kHyRfPd9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

I'm sure there are a few inefficiencies somewhere.

The Jewel socket in the duelist area would have intuitive leap to get Wrecking Ball, Splitting Strikes, Destroyer, Cloth and Chain, and Revelry.

The reason I went with axes instead of swords is because Splitting Strikes is in such a convenient location, and I'm pretty sure the best 2 handers are invariably axes (as you can see on POE.xyz the highest dps weapons are always axes.) However, if you do have a great sword, the sword nodes can be very easily allocated instead of the axe nodes (especially if you don't have intuitive leap to get splitting strikes.)

The life leech on this version would be unparalleled; tons of hp and massive life leech rate. I do believe cyclone will be sustainable with these new mana leech nodes. Assuming you could sustain mana, I would replace blood magic with fortify. You may have to get some mana related affixes on gear, or perhaps on jewels as well.

With this tree you can life leech at 3.04 (even slightly more if you chose to allocate certain nodes near Splitting Strikes) times the rate you'd be able to normally.

145% increase to life leech rate and +8% to maximum life per second. Keep in mind base life leech rate in this game is equal to 20% of your maximum health. 20 + 8 is a 40% increase. That's where I got the 1.4 number from.

2.45 x 1.4 = 3.04. Pretty op.

Personally id go for something like this: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBLMFLQU8CZYLYQxfDjwQ8BEaFCAUTRRxGJEaVRuqHHgcpyPTLlMxnjWSNug5DjpSOuE8BTwtPfxDMUd-SHhM_03jTipQR1OlV1RYY18_YSFhUmMXZU1oZWjybydyqXNrdO12rHrvfNmBOoIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoZgh2qI7YzPkGyTqJd5mmqiAKZXqSeplKn6rY2vbLc-vJ-9Nr6nwGbBB8RYxPbFU8auxtjPftNv137Yvdlh2Xzawdwy4e_kUeXF6hjrCe8O73zwH_JB8kXyWvPd9Ub2SPcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

"
scabre89 wrote:
Hello, first of all nice guide, it's all very clear and well layed out.

I just so happen to be playing a very similar build, except that I'm focusing on axes (rocking a Primacy until I can save enough currency for a Disfavour).

Just a couple of things (barely lv75):

A) Since a 6L is way out of my budget (using a 5L Belly), I'm a bit reluctant to drop FA for LGoH. Although, I would be able to drop Lust for Carnage and invest those three passives on more life. With FA I sit at 1.7 aps, without it 1.4, you think 1.4 is ok?

B)Armor, right now sitting at 2.9 (26%). What do you think about those numbers?

Cheers!

1.4 APS is ok, LGOH makes your survivability insanely good because it is not capped by anything, its better to stay alive and do the dps

Armor is not important, at all, i have never focused on getting armor because of the way the formula for armor works, the bigger the hit the less effective armor is, so investing it is pretty useless.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Hey Vic, great build, by the way any comments about 2.0 patch. Thanks andy
@Victordoom

Im not sure blood rage can max out leech anymore (after the recent nerf to all leech). Blood rage now gives 1,2% lifeleech. Against 10 targets its easier to cap leech, but against single target or few mobs almost impossible.

The cap is 20% leech of your maximum hp still, however against single target hard bosses, the cap is 2% of your maximum hp. And a regen of 2% max hp is really not much, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

If the insane nerf to leech remains after beta ends, an alternativ could be 0 mana cost cyclone (lots of -cost nodes + reduced mana node linked with cyclone) and shortcyclone to get alot of hp per sec that is not capped even against single targets.
"
Avantor wrote:
@Victordoom

Im not sure blood rage can max out leech anymore (after the recent nerf to all leech). Blood rage now gives 1,2% lifeleech. Against 10 targets its easier to cap leech, but against single target or few mobs almost impossible.

The cap is 20% leech of your maximum hp still, however against single target hard bosses, the cap is 2% of your maximum hp. And a regen of 2% max hp is really not much, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

If the insane nerf to leech remains after beta ends, an alternativ could be 0 mana cost cyclone (lots of -cost nodes + reduced mana node linked with cyclone) and shortcyclone to get alot of hp per sec that is not capped even against single targets.

Well, leech on gear and on tree can be aquired if needed , as the cb tree is now the build should have almost 12k life with leg kaoms, 1350+ regen per second and more dps, with decent jewels of course.
An alterntive path is having around 10.5k life,acrobatics, ~1160 regen/s, and slightly less dps, i might go with acro in 2.0 , we'll see
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Not sure if I am going to stick with Cyclone or not after the release. I want to be able to do hard bosses in maps, for +2 drops and on HC that isn't always an option. I can do necropolis, courtyard, and academy bosses - but don't really want to try dom or piety.

Maybe with a self-cast IC, but it still seems a bit sketchy since it's hard to stop cycloneing sometimes.

But if I was to keep my cycloner build, I would do something like this at level 93 and pick up Soul of Steel at level 100 (if i ever get there!)

6 Endurance Charges (7 if you ditch a skill point)

220% increased max life

160% increased armour

(If using 2h axe)
328% increased damage
53% increased attack speed

Links would be:

Cyclone + Blood Magic + Life Gain on Hit + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage / Concentrated Effect / + Fortify (from testing, i've found that using MPD over CE is faster clearspeed, but obviously less tooltip dps)

Blood Magic + Enduring Cry + Blood Rage + Increased Duration

Cast When Damage Taken + Warlord's Mark + Molten Shell + Increased Area of Effect

Hatred + Herald of Ash + Haste + Enlighten (level 2)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Piety isn't a problem, Dom is dangerous if you don't take it slow
but there are new maps, in general as you're mobile less bosses are a problem
I do all bosses with all mods besides dom, if he gets double faster casting, it's hard
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Piety isn't a problem, Dom is dangerous if you don't take it slow
but there are new maps, in general as you're mobile less bosses are a problem
I do all bosses with all mods besides dom, if he gets double faster casting, it's hard

I'm playing HC :P

Piety can be tricky in her ice form, in stage two of the shrine fight. Especially as a melee.

And i'm sure the "new maps" will have even harder bosses... ontop of that, the devs said they are going to make bosses more challenging. So, take dom, which already can 1shot you, and make him harder ontop of other hard bosses that are being added. Not sure if a cycloner will be able to handle those hard bosses .. /shrug.
I had a potato pc since ages, but now with a good pc and that Cycloner I never die

you even destroy Pietys Portals before she reachs them, if she is running, therefore there is almost no ice form you have to face
but if you do, pop your defense flask and hide behind something till its over
in her normal form you don't have to be scared by anything
normally I hit vaal haste, quicksilver and she is dead before doing anything

dom is harder, if you miss the start of touch of good, cyclone animation can take to much time to dodge the attack
but if you take your time, wait till he teleports, attack him for a few second and hide again, it's save as well

but I would train in Standard before running them in HC, same for Atziri

but besides dodge block perma ic crit dagger builds, this build is one of the savest boss killers
and I think it will be like this after patch, with some buffs
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
I had a potato pc since ages, but now with a good pc and that Cycloner I never die

you even destroy Pietys Portals before she reachs them, if she is running, therefore there is almost no ice form you have to face
but if you do, pop your defense flask and hide behind something till its over
in her normal form you don't have to be scared by anything
normally I hit vaal haste, quicksilver and she is dead before doing anything

dom is harder, if you miss the start of touch of good, cyclone animation can take to much time to dodge the attack
but if you take your time, wait till he teleports, attack him for a few second and hide again, it's save as well

but I would train in Standard before running them in HC, same for Atziri

but besides dodge block perma ic crit dagger builds, this build is one of the savest boss killers
and I think it will be like this after patch, with some buffs

Dual totem should be safer. Working on a build atm that gets 220-230 + % max life, 42+ crit chance with flame totem.
"
VictorDoom wrote:

Well, leech on gear and on tree can be aquired if needed , as the cb tree is now the build should have almost 12k life with leg kaoms, 1350+ regen per second and more dps, with decent jewels of course.
An alterntive path is having around 10.5k life,acrobatics, ~1160 regen/s, and slightly less dps, i might go with acro in 2.0 , we'll see

hi, i played your build in the flashback-season and loved it. thx for that !

could you elaborate or post a build on how you can get to acrobatics with awakening ?

also i didn't play the beta and don't really know how everything changed. by looking at it for a minute i'am asuming we need alpha's howl and some aura notes to go with hatred, haste, HoA now ?
EDIT: ok i just checked out Enlighten. 14% from tree is enough i guess.

also, how is everyone dealing with Enduring Cry not being able to auto-proc with CWDT anymore ? selfcast seems extremly inconvenient. was thinking about daressos but i liked Belly of the Beast very much (even more than Kaoms).

thx in advance everyone.
Last edited by mathias772 on Jul 10, 2015, 5:31:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info