Kry's Molten Claw Dual Wielding Crit Build, A Variant of The Community for the Community.

As soon as possible. I get a bit of HP then rush ir and pb.

edit: f'n auto correct
Last edited by Kartikdon on Aug 29, 2014, 11:32:44 PM
Can you please try to make a version of your build that involves vaal pact?

This is my go at it but im pretty sure i did horribly (noob alert sry)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2VHZsJL_kxa_D6uxsyaVbWxTNe1BYeK1SDY9m7Wmf1VL8-qdquywwzqMNioLYqxsjIwLykpLCnBStMW5fG-eUUypNInTwuwV_fGzrEdhBnDVBbWNgYo4S1d9W7fZXfKNv0scZK_A4ypNDkhRR4_BRfQ_JxGW51QwfNYHb1dKyAEJBx4k_Y19bqq42ZUu_94j9rXy3Ujw1U2So4qpbjWSSVHuDkxgKjjYvVb6BLEUdfzFlWYY26TCZ6ADh1uvh3ZwcuCVTipKfdN-n4IV9lboYnkABhc-FI7Adg==
Last edited by merfeu on Aug 29, 2014, 3:38:14 AM
I have a question: where do I get strength as a shadow in the beginning and in general?
Yeah, the Build plays nice........the only Problem is you seriously lack Strenght and Intelligence at certain times. Right now im having Problems upgrading my Equipment because of that fact...
Can someone please explain this to me, sorry if it's wildly stupid, but I just can't wrap my head around it:
Multistrike makes you alternate weapons if you dual wield for each set of attacks.
So basically, if you have a claw that does 10 dmg, and you have a claw that does 5 dmg, and you equip both, your dps (shown on character window) decreases. Whereas if you only had the high dmg weapon and just put a shield or something on off-hand, it would remain optimal.

So, what's the point of dual wielding with MS? Isn't it only hurting you, besides maybe some extra LGOH, which probably doesn't add up to the DPS loss? I'm so confused!
"
Frosty216 wrote:

So, what's the point of dual wielding with MS? Isn't it only hurting you, besides maybe some extra LGOH, which probably doesn't add up to the DPS loss? I'm so confused!

this was a concept build when I created it and posted it due to a lot of player requests. I ran this in the 2 week HC race because of its very high sustain at low levels and not needing to relying on getting specific gems. Also this makes a 4L armour essential a 5L since you drop the LL/LGoH gem for damage. The LL/LGoH gained by claws is totally worth the loss in DPS for people who want to play safer, a lot safer. And actually pre-6L armour or pre-5L w/ high end gear, dual claw will be right up there with them b/c it can run that extra damage gem.

Thanks for response! I see now.
Hey, just wanted to say I've been running this build for a while and it has been a lot of fun. Check out my tree and gear and let me know if you see any room for improvement.

Current Skill tree below.. will respec out of the 10 strength node near Vaal pact once I get Written in Blood. I'm undecided if I want to get a mana reduction node to run HoA (it will give me ~1800 extra DPS) or grab Fencing/Ambidexterity/Deadly Dilettante/Studious Combatant. Should need just one 4% Reduced Mana Reservation node with a lvl 20 Reduced mana gem - so it is better to get the one near Leadership as opposed to going all the way to Charisma as you did in your skill tree link. I would save a point as well as get the 6% increased effect of auras along the way; there is no need to get the additional 8% reduction from Charisma (assuming I'm running a 6L with BM Gem). And I'm considering making a run to Herbalism for 10% more HP..

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAAYBCQceCVgOSA-rEZYUdRUgFfYV_Ra_GNsdyiLiJpUo2ymlKgsqTSzpMZ40kzWSNj0_J0X0R-JKfUrISxxLV03jTipRTFM1VUtbr1ywXfJh4mJ5YqxjcGSvZ6BqjGyMbWxuqm9Xb55wUnDVdwd9W4MJhxOHdonTijiMC4w2jYGPwZu1nKSdqqLZpDmkwqZXpn-pbqxHsNixs7TFtUi18rZBuNm5fL6nwOPBi8M6yBTKStCB0_zWB9i926fdDd1I3-_ssO1B7-Pxs_Pq9W_8xf6P

Probably some room for improvement in my gear but this has worked well so far. I'm currently running MS off of mana just because I wanted to see how much Conc Effect would increase my damage so I chromed my chest - and it's quite noticeable. The tooltip doesn't show any dps increase but I kill WAY faster. Mana has not been much of an issue either, but I ever 6L it I will put BM back in there.

Gear:
Spoiler

My gems are a little wonky at the moment. I'm releveling a 20% MS and some others. If I ever level that Additional Accuracy and 20% it for the increased crit chance I think it will work real well for my playstyle. I usually whirling blades into a pack and either chill or freeze it, proliferate, then just hammer away with MS which usually crits and re-freezes most of the mobs.

Offense: 20,151.8 DPS - doesn't take Conc Effect into account. 85% Chance to Hit. 49.5% Crit chance main, 35.7% Off hand
Defense: 4,663 Life. Jade plus granite gives me 32117 armor or 75% Phys DR. Resistances maxed, 24% Chaos resistance, 44% Block Chance. 44% Phys DR with no flasks.
Last edited by Xoodrool on Oct 7, 2014, 11:12:11 PM
I had a 72 Shadow lying around, so I decided to respec it into this and I am actually having fun. And Im telling ya, its hard for me to have fun, had like 6 different characters and didnt like any of them.

With some cheap, meh gear and terrible tooltip DPS I still clear very fast and it really feels very safe.

I also decided to go with Kaoms, feels like a good choice to me as you dont really need the socks (well, maybe Vaal Grace would be handy, but thats all I can think of) or the movespeed (Whirling Blades).

So, to sum it up:
+ A lot of fun
+ Doin it cheap and it still works
+ Safe
+ Luigi's Spicy Meatballs

- I have no idea what the hell is happening around me :D
- It hurts my eyes. I really need to take breaks after every few maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info