Niffler´s Endgame Righteous Fire Guide [2.0.0]

Im having a hard time leveling atm. Im playing Beyond League and got a facebreaker, using Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Life leech and i took BM + Resolute Technique node but i feel so squishy, i feel like im going to die at any moment idk if i can make it to level 65.

Any tips on leveling?
"
FadeXF wrote:
Niffler - excellent build!! I am having a blast playing this!

I am currently in the temp leagues - and lucked into an exalt as well as have been trading my butt off - I just hit level 65 and finished equipping my phoenix =)

I leveled using cleave + multi + life on hit - and then continued to just socket gems in the sequence you recommended for levels - and as of right now, I lose zero life with RF on!

CURRENT GEAR
Spoiler

I managed to get that terrible rolled Belly on the cheap and plan on 5L it, and then using a Divine on it if I find one - otherwise I may end up trading up for a 40% near the end of the leagues.

I also opted for Molten Shell + Devouring Totem + CWDT - and the totem takes a couple hits and heals me... I was looking for an even more defensive layout.

I followed your leveling tree and bandit recommendations exactly as you listed:

Thanks for the great build and fun time I've been having! Going to try to down Atrizi eventually - will update as I make my attempts and continue building.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the downside of no totem attacks is pretty annoying (especially some of the Master quests' totem bosses boooo) - I wonder if you ever considered replacing any part of the build with some type of single target damage? If yes: what part/spells?
You lack the HP regen nodes to the side and have only lvl 16 purity. Get them and you're good.
A little experience on RF shared.

First...
Spoiler
LEARN to use the right flask at the right time. There is a huge lack of flask talking in RF forum and I am sure some of our fellow RF players do not use them right ,if using them at all. The right use of flasks, micromanages every hard battle turning you stronger or weaker if you use the wrong flask. There are many monsters that curse Vulnerability at you. Use the 'of Warding' flask. Ranged/midranged monsters, heavy armoured humanoids with shields deal mostly physical dmg, use 'of Iron Skin'. When you see a lot of flashes and colours (sic), use 'of Resistance'. You can even combine 2 flasks and leave the voibearers wondering what went wrong :P
Believe me. I've levelled up a 78 molten strike templar with mediocre low level gear just by using good flasks the right time. It just takes experienced eye to know your enemy and the damage he deals on you.

Then...
Spoiler
Don't get manic over your build. I too find that RF got a bit more expensive to sustain after the patch, but is still a killer if you take the right nodes the right time.
I run 72 maps for now and bosses die like flies burning giving the feel that higher maps will be as easy, considering I'll have the time to properly improve my gear/passives.

Here is a rough guide of my lvl79 life core:
My tree and the Belly of the Beast, gives me total 236% increased maximum life
My tree, gear and normal Oak, give me +517 Base Life
I currently have 5675 life.
My tree, Vitality and my +27% Buffs, give me a total of 713.5 life regen
Wonder Dance shoes, grand extra 3% life regen, boosting my regen to 883.7 l/s during battles
My est. Physical reduction is just 50% using Grace and Iron Reflexes keystone
My RF deals -(life/2)+Inc.Elem/FireDmg- ...(5675/2)+279% = 10754 base burning dmg
My Curses+Equilibrium, lowers monsters' resist just by 74% (I use a lvl 5(!) Elem.Weakness)

So, as you may see, my build is not so great but I intent to slowly finetune it during my 79 to 85 levelling, but with what you see, I cut 72 maps like butter. Just avoid hard mods :P
Last edited by Falcyon on Aug 25, 2014, 2:38:14 PM
"
JerryVoy wrote:
Im having a hard time leveling atm. Im playing Beyond League and got a facebreaker, using Infernal Blow + Melee Splash + Life leech and i took BM + Resolute Technique node but i feel so squishy, i feel like im going to die at any moment idk if i can make it to level 65.

Any tips on leveling?

I personally used flameblast/searing bond (G'day ZiggyD guide). You probably want to keep one of those in you final build to deal with totems too. Keep in mind that sometimes, searing bond forces you to facetank things, think of it like a "lame RF". If you make the totem tank it usually dies too fast to be efficient. That being said, I'm surprised you feel squishy, my experience was the opposite, felt extremely tanky since level 1 and facerolled normal Dominus way underlevelled (and like I posted earlier, my computer can't handle that fight at all).
Hey i could use some help :)

I have a lvl 67 and have placed the passive points as far as i could, but i cant survive the life drain from RF
Passive tree:
Passive skill tree build

My set:

What can i do to fix it, or do i have to lvl up more?

And a other question is about the Kaom's Heart Glorious Plate, should i go for a 500 life with 40% fire dmg or a 1000 life but no fire dmg??

Hope you can help me :)
"
Css141 wrote:

I have a lvl 67 and have placed the passive points as far as i could, but i cant survive the life drain from RF

You will not survive RF without a level 20 Purity of fire. This will give +4 max fire resistance instead of the 3 you get from the low level you now use. AND if you get some buffs boosting nodes, you could make it a +5. Most RF players now aim for 89% MAX fire resistance (not total fire resist.)
For weapons do you have them listed in order of best to worst. Or Is it more of a preferable thing. I found a high soeed rapier with cold damage and an arumvarax. Just curiouse to know more about weapons for this build
Thank you for your great work Niffler, really love your guide!

"
You will not survive RF without a level 20 Purity of fire. This will give +4 max fire resistance instead of the 3 you get from the low level you now use. AND if you get some buffs boosting nodes, you could make it a +5. Most RF players now aim for 89% MAX fire resistance (not total fire resist.)
I switched to RF with a lvl 16 purity of fire and a lvl 16 vitality and I could sustain RF. (that means 2% max resist from purity of fire)
Maybe you forgot some necessary life regeneration nodes, or the +1% max resist from the tree.
https://poebuilder.com/ search here for "life regeneration" and "maximum fire resist" to see the must have skill points. :) And make sure to not take any "plus buff effect" nodes, since they increases the damage you take from RF (as far as I know)

Despite the fact there are some very good guides there, I always try to make something myself, I tried to change my gems to be more efficient. (haven't changed yet, just planning)

So what do you think about this gem setup?

In 6 link I would use
Cast When Damage Taken LvL1 / Ice Nova LvL8 / Curse on Hit / Flammability / Elemental Weakness / Life Gain on Hit
So I would take out cyclone and blood magic from my chest, and would I put it in a 4L like this:
Cyclone / Vaal Cyclone / Life Gain on Hit / Blood Magic
The other 4L items are for RF and auras.
In shield and weapon I would place Increased Duration / Immortal Cry / *Searing Bond or Leap Slam* and Cast When Damage Taken LvL1 / Enduring Cry / ?

*: Dont have free sockets, thats why I put there searing bond or leap slam. Actually I hate leap slam (but its a mandatory for atziri, I guess), because it always pulls me back to from where I started to jump (maybe a stupid anti-hack system?), and this happens to me too often.

Whit this way I get two Life Gain on Hit Gems (or a 3rd curse?) (CwDT Ice Nova and Cyclone), but I am not sure which is better: cursing manually via cyclone, or cursing with CwDT+Ice Nova with a much higher radius?

Last edited by Reznap567 on Aug 25, 2014, 3:01:01 PM
"
Css141 wrote:

You don't need a lvl20 PoF because I've been sustaining RF with a +3% max one until a couple days ago (it levelled now). That being said, it has to be a matter of life regen, you currently have 9.3%. Here come the maths, might not be 100% accurate because I've had some bad sleep:

RF burns you for 90% of your life per second (x0.9). You currently have 87% fire res, meaning your RF degen is reduced to 13% of its normal value (x0.13). So in total your degen is 0.9x0.13=0.117 --> you burn for 11.7% of your max life per second. Thats the regen you need if I didn't mess up somewhere. You currently have 9.3% life regen from tree and 1.45% from vitality. Drumroll. You need 0.95% more life regen per second.

If you want to run RF *right now*, I think I would respec the 5% life nodes from scion wheel for the life regen at scion start (0.4 nodes, 3 of them). That *should* be enough to sustain RF.

If you can wait, I wouldn't take those nodes (they are borderline unefficient since they didn't get buffed on 1.2, unlike almost all other life regen nodes). Instead go for the 1% life regen at templar start and the "Quick Recovery" cluster just left of Elemental Equilibrium. This will take you a few levels though, and I guess it won't be as fun.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Theres always the option of buying lvl20 PoF (~1 ex in SC?, with my maths that puts your degen at 10.8%, in theory just enough to survive RF with your current regen. I don't think buying a better Vitality will help in any way, it'd be a 0.2% increase at most.

Seems I can't avoid walls of text.
Another "thanks" post! I'm having fun with this build in my Carcass Jack so far. I'm level 81, can manage basic level 74 maps, and I don't even have Iron Reflexes yet.

One thing I have to say is that I can't stand how slow this build (or any Marauder build) can be, especially if you don't grab Leather and Steel. To counteract the lack of speed nodes that I'm used to getting from playing as Ranger and Shadow, I'm using Devoto's Devotion as my helm. If only that thing had health... Has anyone else tried this?

Anyway, here's the build I have planned:

Oh, just one question:

What's the best way to deal with totems?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Aug 25, 2014, 2:17:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info