Niffler´s Endgame Righteous Fire Guide [2.0.0]

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This article was written by me, Nick, and Brian. If you have any questions, please PM me or ask them in this thread!

With the start of the next challenge leagues we're introducing some major changes to game balance. In particular, we are removing all snapshotting mechanics.

Righteous Fire:

By design, Righteous Fire is meant to persist, whether or not you lose the skill. The theme of the skill is that you burn to death! As a result, if you unsocket the Righteous Fire gem, the effect will persist, but will no longer update with changes to support gems as there's no skill gem for them to support. However, if you then make changes to your gear or passives that would affect the skill, it will still detect this and change its effectiveness accordingly. If you resocket the Righteous Fire gem in the same slot, it will begin checking the support gems again, and change the effect to match.
Ok did i get this right ?
Let's say that you have a Tabula Rasa with Righteus Fire + Increased Burning damage + concentrated effect + increased AoE + IIR + IIQ
So you put it on and cast the RF then you put on a different chest what will happen ?
As i've understand the RF will still persist but will the support gems linked to it when it was casted still affect it?
I'm kind of confused...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Ok did i get this right ?
Let's say that you have a Tabula Rasa with Righteus Fire + Increased Burning damage + concentrated effect + increased AoE + IIR + IIQ
So you put it on and cast the RF then you put on a different chest what will happen ?
As i've understand the RF will still persist but will the support gems linked to it when it was casted still affect it?
I'm kind of confused...

I read that several times too lol..
And I think, GGG means that if you take out the RF gem, RF still presists and the supported gems linked with rf still work. Only the gear which you change later will affect RF effect.

So take example, you wear tabula rasa link RF with IIR, cast rf, and change chest to koam's heart, you will get new +x fire damage and increased hp will affect RF dmg, but RF still has IIR effect.

That's interseting, but it won't affect rf dps a lot anyway. It saves our gem slots, maybe we can try to combine rf with other spells.

BTW this makes FoxTactic's *Righteous Surgeon* build still working lol because rf effect is still "snapshotted" and presists after swapping the weapons.
Last edited by Nick9090 on Jun 18, 2014, 11:31:59 AM
That's what i've hoped for!
Because besides the 105% ( for me ) less elemental damage, the gem slots where the main "nerf" in my case.
I'll probably have to loose the benefits of the CJ too .. but that's not really that much of a big deal ... lower numbers but nothing really build breaking in reality.

IF only snapshotting and nothing else changes like skill tree, new uniques, gem changes etc. etc. ( and they'll all probably change ) Right now with my current gear ( which still has room for upgrades ) my DPS will go from 83k to ~65k .. and i have to be honest here ... even with "just" 65k dps my character will be more than viable.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 18, 2014, 11:43:46 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
That's what i've hoped for!
Because besides the 105% ( for me ) less elemental damage, the gem slots where the main "nerf" in my case.
I'll probably have to loose the benefits of the CJ too .. but that's not really that much of a big deal ... lower numbers but nothing really build breaking in reality.

IF only snapshotting and nothing else changes like skill tree, new uniques, gem changes etc. etc. ( and they'll all probably change ) Right now with my current gear ( which still has room for upgrades ) my DPS will go from 83k to ~65k .. and i have to be honest here ... even with "just" 65k dps my character will be more than viable.

Skill tree maybe not big deal, but gem changes..it's not first time that GGG destroy a build xD anyway. 65k and good hp pool it's still pretty strong, but it's hard to increase dps further (Maybe only koam's heart can help, but no sockets....)

btw, I calulate if using flame surge (drop EE), it's only about 6k dps increased..it's a 5L setting, can get more if 6L, but not many. The drawback is casting curse yourself and no life gained on hit, not sure if flame surge dps is enough to leech life back, will try it out when my gem lv up.
can you post your calculations for "120k dps"? something seems off about that.
Last edited by UbyTuesday on Jun 18, 2014, 7:42:12 PM
First off, thanks for the guide. I'm following your build for my first RF char after dropping a nice Phoenix.

But, I'm having issues getting to level 65. I followed your advice for Facebreaker with Infernal Blow, but it's extremely slow for me. I have no clue how you got to level 70 in less than 8 hours. I have issues with damage and survivability.

Here are my main gears:
Spoiler

Any suggestions on faster leveling? My Infernal Blow tooltip says I do nearly 2k damage with Hatred. I'm at level 53 now, and my passives have pretty much followed your paths.
"
UbyTuesday wrote:
can you post your calculations for "120k dps"? something seems off about that.

I just filled in my stats into this calculator:
Spoiler

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An71CIptWlJddHFEN0VlRm94a0NCRUFWVEVCOGdKT1E&usp=sharing#gid=0

NOTE: ~120k against dual-cursed white mobs, so with 0 base fireres.
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
"
First off, thanks for the guide. I'm following your build for my first RF char after dropping a nice Phoenix.

But, I'm having issues getting to level 65. I followed your advice for Facebreaker with Infernal Blow, but it's extremely slow for me. I have no clue how you got to level 70 in less than 8 hours. I have issues with damage and survivability.

Here are my main gears:
Spoiler

Any suggestions on faster leveling? My Infernal Blow tooltip says I do nearly 2k damage with Hatred. I'm at level 53 now, and my passives have pretty much followed your paths.

Hi there,

your Gear doesn´t look bad.

But as many people having issues with fb-leveling i will update a easier leveling guide with moltenstrike.

Just link --> Moltenstrike - WeaponElementalDamage - LifeGainOnHit - Multistrike
(6L - Fasterattacks + choose meleephys/addedFire/lifeleech)

Skilled BM till 65, for all skill costs covered...

Fast weapons, with decedent physical are best --> LifeGainOnHit will be really strong with fast weapons !
youtube.com/Niffler
IGN.: Niffler
What do You think will be a good extra weapon set? Main Doryani + rise, second Brightbeak + ? Or any other ideas?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info