Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

Played PoE like 4 month now and love it that is so hardcore. Casuals with Kaom and shavron? That is damn ridiculous. Cant get one from maps? So sell your shit and buy it. In my opinion PoE is going wrong way now.
I guess i can finally start looking for my
FISHING ROD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please RNG give me a fishing rod !
Last edited by the_lost_emberbright on May 16, 2014, 3:50:16 AM
"
Infil0405 wrote:
Played PoE like 4 month now and love it that is so hardcore. Casuals with Kaom and shavron? That is damn ridiculous. Cant get one from maps? So sell your shit and buy it. In my opinion PoE is going wrong way now.

Sounds like a slightly more sophisticated version of "I deserve this thing and you don't cause I'm better than you" plus "I have this cool item and I don't want other people to have it".

Just cause you play more and are more lucky on the dice roll doesn't automatically mean you and your "hardcore" buddies are the only ones who deserve good items.
"
Infil0405 wrote:

So people expecting loot to drop are now casuals? Another hardcore tradingPG gamer..

With how easy is to get best loot from rmt (and how prevailent it is) only naive and stubvorn people like me have to relly on drops. Everythinh else you trade for. Just two months of alts->ex and you can buy shavs.

Fine loot finding game it is.

Btw i can afford shavs if i sell my junk. And still hate this system

My post concerns drop system in general... It's redicilous that 99% of items are uselles. Since almost everyone using uniques there is almost no need in rare (yellow) items. The main purpose of rare items now is to sell them to vendor for alterations. Even if descent rare wiil drop you will spend hours and even days to sell it for descent price (because there is uniques which price makes price of a rare, the more number of uniques in market - the less they price - the more uselles rare items). And selling process will take your playing time.
The other rarities of items - white and blue are totally uselles. Why I even should pick them up? Besides that the number of items (white, blue) that drop in party are too big and taking all of your screen, distrubing your movement and vision of enemies. Is this a part of game difficulty?

You should find a use for white and blue items, because curently they are totally useles i, except that ones with socets (6l, 5l, 6s and 3 diferent colour). Scrolls of wisdoms from white items? I can sell orb of transmutation or other currency that lay in my stash without any use. Alterations from blue items? I better take a rare item.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on May 16, 2014, 3:43:40 AM
"
Chris wrote:

At the moment (in 1.1.3b), most of the uniques that players find are common. You'll occasionally find uncommon uniques but it's honestly pretty hard for casual players to find the rarer uniques.

Of course. Again another change to cater casual players.

When will those players stop ruining games? Diablo3 wasn't enough?

"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
You should find a use for white and blue items, because curently they are totally useles, except that ones with socets (6l, 5l, 6s and 3 diferent colour). Scrolls of wisdoms from white items? I can sell orb of transmutation or other currency that lay in my stash without any use. Alterations from blue items? I better take a rare item.

This is a much more complicated problem than you make it out to be.

If they make white and magic items more worthwhile to pick up, they must make rare items worse to pick up. Basic opportunity cost. I'm sure you have run maps where you have to TP in and out cause you pick up a lot of rare items to vendor, as well as chromatics white items and hammers for chisels.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Plus if you take the route and make all items more useful for everyone the economy gets saturated much more quickly. GGG is very careful in trying to avoid trivializing game content through the economy.
Last edited by elitedesolator on May 16, 2014, 3:43:39 AM
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

At the moment (in 1.1.3b), most of the uniques that players find are common. You'll occasionally find uncommon uniques but it's honestly pretty hard for casual players to find the rarer uniques.

Of course. Again another change to cater casual players.

When will those players stop ruining games? Diablo3 wasn't enough?

+1
"
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
You should find a use for white and blue items, because curently they are totally useles, except that ones with socets (6l, 5l, 6s and 3 diferent colour). Scrolls of wisdoms from white items? I can sell orb of transmutation or other currency that lay in my stash without any use. Alterations from blue items? I better take a rare item.

This is a much more complicated problem than you make it out to be.

If they make white and magic items more worthwhile to pick up, they must make rare items worse to pick up. Basic opportunity cost. I'm sure you have run maps where you have to TP in and out cause you pick up a lot of rare items to vendor, as well as chromatics white items and hammers for chisels.

I didnt say to make them worthwhile to pick up. I would probably suggest to reduce they number around 75% and make rares more worthy..
I pick up items that will give me more profit. 6l-5l-6s-hammers-3 colurs-rares.

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on May 16, 2014, 3:51:28 AM
Let's see, 2 times 0 = 0.

Hmmm, not good enough, we're gonna need at least 3 times 0.

I kid, I kid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info