Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

For all hypehypehype members here:

These are only words. We have had midnight drop rate 'increased' 3 times and it is still poo. Found 3 since last change. Pretty damn low for time spent.

As an engineer im not overly excited by huge percentage gain over a trivial base.
"
sidtherat wrote:

These are only words. We have had midnight drop rate 'increased' 3 times and it is still poo. Found 3 since last change. Pretty damn low for time spent.

Yeah... Farmed for about 4 hours in Sarn for ONE midnight after the "drop rate increased" ... nuff said
Mirror of Kalandra?
"
sidtherat wrote:
For all hypehypehype members here:

As an engineer im not overly excited by huge percentage gain over a trivial base.

It's at least an acknowledgment of the problem, and it guarantees they'll tweak it further based on additional feedback later. I geniunely didn't expect GGG to consider this an issue at all (and it is an issue), given how fond they are of the economy, so it was a very nice surprise.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on May 16, 2014, 2:35:09 AM
I hope it doesn't become a trend to cater to the lowest common denominator.
I'm glad you guys see there's some issue on this front. It's to the point that I absolutely dread seeing the flash "you got a unique!" fireworks going off. So far two uniques have dropped that I care about: Blackgleam and a few copies of the Visored Sallet (which is a really great mid-level hat btw. Four relevant affixes, with some +accuracy some characters care about.) Everything else is more or less garbage mid and late game. Yes, you too Starscream.

The game could really, really use more common-rarity ilvl 55+ uniques. It's bollocks getting excited over something that's going to be a level 0 hat with +20% physical damage and +50 life, at very best.

And some crafting recipes for excess. Like my coffee table made up of Icetombs. Maybe I could sell three copies of the thing for something with +FREEZE duration? That's the kind of thing I'd like my icy chainmail to do for me.

Getting a unique should be a feel-good moment, not a feel-bad one. The idea that a common unique should only be useful for leveling alts is an awful philosophy; it'd be great if some of them could be on par with a decent three-affix rare, nothing amazing but something a little better than you'd get spamming around 20 chaos orbs on something.

Another old idea was vendoring them for some crafting currency - Golden Tokens or whatever. Which then could be spent toward crafting or buying other items, which could or could not be uniques themselves. Hell, make it a lotto from hell even. Sell 10 tokens, get a random item. That's a smelly sock 80% of the time. That gives a +5 to foot odor.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on May 16, 2014, 2:37:38 AM
Awesome, i will finally complete my collection it seems. :)
"
Alea wrote:
20% more for the real stuff like shav is pretty low, will nearly change nothing for casuals.

It's not supposed to, items like Shavs should remain extremely rare.

Great uniques being rare is what makes them even more desirable and what makes it soooo, soooo good when you have a good drop, it makes all the struggle to get there completely worth it.

"
Alea wrote:

I remember my first unique drop when i started to play this game: coral amulet :>

I remember mine too - Ondar's Clasp. :)

P.S. I like unique coral amulet drops even today, I use unique jewellery like that for chance recipe.
"

I and many fiends already left due to being unable to afford basic shit, couldn't even 5l an infernal mantle

How easy you want it, mate? 5L is not that hard anymore and supposedly another fusing help is incoming.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I like this change, I'm the one who's gonna benefit from it. It's gonna keep sucking for the extremely casual players.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 16, 2014, 2:58:40 AM
Nice change! Now when I do find something great it will have less value than before!

Thanks GGG

This game is getting more and more casual each patch. While we are at it, and on the subject the next support packs should include anti-depressants to go with the hand holding that way everyone is happy all the time!

I had hope for PoE, but the upcoming patches based on staff posts may last days with PoE. Good riddance? Only time will tell, but greed has taken hold of this company and it continues to get worse. Once you go that direction, there is no recovering loyalty from those that came for a hardcore ARPG and supported soley for that reason.

The days of the hardcore ARPG are coming to a close.
Very happy to hear about these changes. There really is a need to increase the availability of certain uniques which are build enablers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info