Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

yeah ggg i believe u are really too late and far from being able to recover from this grave mistake that has always been there from the beginning.

as far as those that are complaining about loosing hc value of the game through improving the drop rate by 20%...do u really have any clue as to how much thats gonna improve the amount of available end game uniques?

ITS NOT derp.

basically if theres 20% more drop rate of x item expect to see 20% available on poexyz. if theres 10 in xyz u will maybe see 1-2 more available. this is it. theres nothin magical about this lol. also, if u have played this amount of time and havent acquired all of them then they just arent going to show up.
"
ComradBlack wrote:
These changes just mean that something like Bino's might cost 6ex instead of 12-15, and that's assuming no build popularizes it, driving up the price. Hell, it might even be possible for me to find one after another 600 hours, which won't kill the game.

wrong 20% more available is = to a 1-3 ex drop in price in the above example

the game is a market simulator without an actual market integrated in it...how stupid does that sound?

this isnt really gonna fix anything in my opinion. it will continue to devalue chaos up and make exalted even less tradable through chaos. the gap between chaos and lower value currency will double. (this was the plan for chest anyways)
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The doubling of rares and uncommons? Sounds bad. Especially the uncommons part.

so having fun and exploring different builds is bad?

is having fun bad, too?
wait for it...more map gated uniques available to ur town very soon!! more legacy...and really crappy decisions that outweigh the good that can come from this change.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
How on earth can anyone think this is a bad change. As everyone plays you will get more of the better uniques. Good stuff GGG - thank you. I am tired of vendoring some of the lower uniques because I already have multiples, and then having to buy one I want from someone else because I don't have any/
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
"
Veruski wrote:
is having fun bad, too?
Define 'fun'.

Hype
Today, I found my first... "real" unique, as in something that I actually would have liked to see, instead of the random stuff.

It's the first time that I've found a unique that made me say YES!

This was followed up by 3 monsters later getting a shiversting.

The big problem with the common uniques, is that they don't "feel" unique.

All in Ambush. I haven't played as much this go around. I'm just not as excited about 1.1, and it shows in my play time.

None of these "feel" unique. If you couple this with my Standard stash, it gets sort of.... silly.

I have tons more, but I just linked the standard stash stuff I have 3+ of still. While I understand that some of them are meant as leveling uniques, I really hope that the new change makes an impact on the qty of uniques in the game. Personally, I hate that there are uniques that you can't get until end game maps. If the base level item is an ilvl 68, It should be available from anything that drops ilvl68 loot.

Unless, we are going to see a system that removes the ability for map bosses to drop level 1 items as an ilvl70 rare item, It just seems like a punitive system.

As long as this can happen, gating uniques shouldn't.
"
Chris wrote:
four different internal tiers of rarity

Okay, Unique balance through drop rarity. Nothing to see here guys, move on!
This is a good change, and I'm glad to see the game moving in this direction.

I feel we're still missing two things:

1) Vendor recipes for unique sets, something we can get for selling off trashy uniques. Or some other type of recipe that will enable us to convert these items to currency.
2) Revised mechanics for chance orbs, to grant this as a somewhat moderately achievable way to get certain items. In 1300 gameplay hours I've only chanced a Darkscorn bow, and that's using every single chance orb I've come across. Perhaps we could employ quality as a modifier for higher success here. Or what about being able to use chance orbs on rares? Higher chance for a unique but it could also knock the item down to blue or white (or what if it could be used as a way to craft blues from rares, to give a higher percentage of getting those ultra-rare mods people use thousands of alts for?). Also, please revise the drop rates or ways to acquire these orbs, as they are far too rare for the pretty much non-existent benefits they have (you could raise the amount of orbs needed to buy scours from the vendor to not destabilize the regret orb market).

Anyway, eager to see how this goes!

Last edited by Lord_Kamster on May 16, 2014, 7:26:29 PM
k when's it out Chris da fuck I'm eager to mf again for like 12 hours a day or listen to a guildie of mine named Reb whisper me and be like yeee MULTIBOX and I'm like :_;
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info