Rebalancing Internal Unique Item Rarities (Locked June 16)

It's not like this is supposed to be an all-cure one-shot panacea. It's not like there aren't patches coming up with crafting subsystem additions.

"
oh - icetombs. that 'cannot be chilled' and chill duration are very very good for frost based chars

I love the idea of Icetomb, but, booooo Icetomb.

Against trash monsters you'll probably hit the 5% breakpoint it takes to permanently chill them without it. It's only relevant for Spell Totems and enabling you to chill act bosses in general. I suppose that 30% slow is way better than Temporal Chains's 10%, and that that's sort of comparable to the flat defensive boof Cloak of Defiance or Lightning Coil gives, except applicable to everyone....

Buuut that doesn't change that I have like five of the things and that makes me sad. If only I could fuse them all together for some kind of "Iceking's" suit that lets me poop snowballs as I walk around or something. Like an icecream pooping taco. Wait what.
id love a button you can click "hand this unique item over to a random newbie that just started"
might finally be a use for the tons of same common uniques then
its a win-win situation
I dont know how ppl can say it becomes a trading simulation ?

I mean u just find more good uniques, and well the best of the best will still be rare. So why would you trade more ? I mean everyone gets more of the better uniques. And you cant rly complain if u find more of those 1-2 ex uniques. Will you truley be SAD that you have to trade, to get 1-2 ex ? I'd fucking party if such a thing happens to me.

I really like this change. Last 4 month i played i found literally 30 queens decrees. Rly me and my mate were joking about this item, cuz he got like 30 of them too.... atleast u get some alch shards for it i guess :).

ggg thumbs up +1
Last edited by aGnosticc on May 17, 2014, 5:59:37 AM
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
This increased drop mechanic is farcical. It increases the drop rate of trash uniques (1-2-3) drastically, but keeping top tier uniques scarce. The wide base of the pyramid gets even wider but the apex remains pin prick size. Dafuq.

This is not the way to help self founds. Wait till self finders realize its more POTS (trading simulation) than its ever been.

buffing drops makes the game more of a trade sim.... youve literally gone beyond all reason. How can anyone begin to take that statement seriously? No matter what GGG does at this point you are going to twist it into a negative to fit your agenda.
"
It's not like this is supposed to be an all-cure one-shot panacea. It's not like there aren't patches coming up with crafting subsystem additions.

"
oh - icetombs. that 'cannot be chilled' and chill duration are very very good for frost based chars

I love the idea of Icetomb, but, booooo Icetomb.

Against trash monsters you'll probably hit the 5% breakpoint it takes to permanently chill them without it. It's only relevant for Spell Totems and enabling you to chill act bosses in general. I suppose that 30% slow is way better than Temporal Chains's 10%, and that that's sort of comparable to the flat defensive boof Cloak of Defiance or Lightning Coil gives, except applicable to everyone....

Buuut that doesn't change that I have like five of the things and that makes me sad. If only I could fuse them all together for some kind of "Iceking's" suit that lets me poop snowballs as I walk around or something. Like an icecream pooping taco. Wait what.

with icetomb are match made in heaven. sadly for melee char icetomb is simply too dangerous to wear (no life, low ES)
Temportal chains + chill/freeze + proliferation is probably the strongest defensive mechanic second only to 1shoting everything (but mind reflect..)
interesting feedback from all
id like to suggest legendary quests as a solution to the unique problem
much like everquest 2
you quest (a lot,alot,alot...) to get a specific item
and the item is bind on pickup ie cant be traded

this would be an alternative to all the item-farm grinding and trading people do
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
This increased drop mechanic is farcical. It increases the drop rate of trash uniques (1-2-3) drastically, but keeping top tier uniques scarce. The wide base of the pyramid gets even wider but the apex remains pin prick size. Dafuq.

This is not the way to help self founds. Wait till self finders realize its more POTS (trading simulation) than its ever been.

buffing drops makes the game more of a trade sim.... youve literally gone beyond all reason. How can anyone begin to take that statement seriously? No matter what GGG does at this point you are going to twist it into a negative to fit your agenda.

When you find 2x more decent/mid uniques that you can't use, but could sell, and find yourself trading twice as much for less, you will see. Also, the big tier items that you want are still going to be the same.

Twice as much trading of uniques you don't need, your right it doesn't make it more of a trade sim. You are beyond reason with the pot of gold in front of your face, I cannot wait until you look inside after this change.
"
id love a button you can click "hand this unique item over to a random newbie that just started"
might finally be a use for the tons of same common uniques then
its a win-win situation

i do liked this idea
*smashes head against brick wall*

World, sometimes people just don't (want to) see the bigger long term picture. This is POE's loot 2.0.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
*smashes head against brick wall*

World, sometimes people just don't (want to) see the bigger long term picture. This is POE's loot 2.0.

and you are against it just because?

because game is thriving and breaking record after record? or maybe it now is less active (during their hyped - mails! we all have been sent mails about 2week race!) than ever? with this trend long term picture is that game stops being sustainable in few months and servers are shut down. this is current long-term picture one can easily draw.

drops - esp uber-crazy-low rates of certain OP-as-fuck uniques are broken. fact that ive NEVER droped 200+dps claw, 200+dps mace and 200%inc phys anything since OB start means that also normal drops are more than crazy. and 'balancing by rarity' - RMT-bait items like windripper and mjolnr that everyone and their dog know are broken are introduced (to make people play/pay for them) with 0.(0)1% drop chance

history with atziri fragments - that was a farce. and it is STILL a farce - RNG gated content? it happens only when developers cannot design a properly hard fight (or cannot stop people from cheating - snapshot) and have to rely on techniques PREVENTING people reaching said fight..

d3 loot 2.0 was a reaction to obvious problem. in my opinion loot 2.0 is a success for d3. the entire story of no-trading/no-AH is separate from drop re-design. you dont like BoA items because you cannot trade/gain monetarily in said game. there is also not that much place to brag. because all these 'oh, so casual' voices == voices of insecure individuals looking for a place in life that they are 'good' at.

im all for a game when i can EXPECT to drop something good from time to time. currently i run 80+ chars with crappy gear because i decline to participate in the 'economy' (as the 'donor').

and to make things worse - ggg thinks that people can obtain 'example gear at lvl72' - and then show us generated gear that most players never ever had. with their understanding of their own game (probably with 'help' of few well known no-lifers) we have what we have - path of traders

this is how looks one of my best geared and performing characters:
Spoiler

i bought unique ring and amulet, rest is self found (afaik)

it is just barely better than 'example 72lvl gear after few days of casual leveling, no trading done' and this is the best gear from my stash used to gear one char (dont mind the gems, and helmet - Alphas are there normaly but i re-use it)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info