Etup Builds N Gears!

Hey, I'm using a tabula rasa so far with life leech and mana leech in it (Still got to 5k hp). I really want to switch to a Geofris + Lightning Coil but the life leech just makes me so tanky. I can facetank almost anything on a lvl 73 map and without it im just super squishy. How do you stay alive with 0% leech?
"
Craynor wrote:
Hey, I'm using a tabula rasa so far with life leech and mana leech in it (Still got to 5k hp). I really want to switch to a Geofris + Lightning Coil but the life leech just makes me so tanky. I can facetank almost anything on a lvl 73 map and without it im just super squishy. How do you stay alive with 0% leech?

1% lightning leech master craft on weapon from lvl 6 catarina. atziri amethyst flask. warlords mark <== really big
How do you level up when following the Mjolner build? I have a 5% off perfect Mjolner on Beyond and thought let's try this build and win the game, I just wanna know what skills to use when leveling+following the Mjolner build. Thanks!
"
In the old post you speak about vaal spark problems (1 shooted) in a particular situation..

This was about invasion mobs and isn't relevant anymore as the mob isn't in the game i believe (CODT icenova invader hailrake). Also vaal spark was nerfed a bit due to how they changed trap mechanics and im not happy :(.

"
Hmmm, I'm wondering about the mana on the Arc build. I have less than 200 mana left after the 3 auras (Clarity lv. 7-10) but the mana regen is only around 85... Not enough.

Mana is going to vary a bit based on gear due to EB and also maybe mana stats on gear + regen so you may have to change your tree slightly to compensate. Might need 1-2 mana nodes or maybe you don't need any? You'll have to tweak based on ur own gear.

"
buks wrote:
How do you level up when following the Mjolner build? I have a 5% off perfect Mjolner on Beyond and thought let's try this build and win the game, I just wanna know what skills to use when leveling+following the Mjolner build. Thanks!

I leveled up with flameblast and then switched to arc in merciless. It's nice cause you'll have most of the gems & items you need to switch already.

"
Craynor wrote:

Leech is really nice in fact in the 2week i was using a stone of lazhwar with leech because it was so good. Now that you can craft it on your weapons you shouldn't need it socketed. Once you play with leech you probably will never want to play without it though. I stayed alive with just potting but it definitely makes it safer if you can obtain a good weapon and put leech on it (wasn't available when i was leveling). Also now that echo is in the game im not 100% sure if geofri's is worth it without maybe a lvl 3/4 empower but since i haven't continued playing self cast arc end game someone who sticks with it longer would probably have to try it out.

"
i only have a question..

did you try arc + arc + iron will on ur mjölner? could iron will give more dmg than lightning penetration? ty

Think i already answered this but basically ironw ill makes you strong vs mobs you already destroy and lightning pen makes you stronger against the super tanky shit. I don't really see the point in inflating your tooltip dps vs trash monsters as it will slow your overall clear speed.

"
nbacx wrote:
What I make wrong, why is the build so weak for me?
Bosses are hard to kill for me and it takes lot of time. (Many hit and run action included)
In end game Maps it seems that you make more damge, than me in Docks!?
Can you please check what i make wrong? build and gear wise.

(I can not use my Lazhwar with 1% lightning leech, cause my intell and strength is to low)

Besides some minor gripes (not going hp @ start of ranger & not max spellblock) the build looks fine and your gear seems ok. With 20 arc's your damage should be good i mean i don't see any reason your damage should not be similar to my own. Slightly lower gems & no quality but that shouldn't effect it too much.
If I play the Mjölner build on Softcore, should I still go so defensive with passives and gear?
Or can I go more on Damage (f.e. Atziris Lightning belt and so on)? If yes, what should I gear then?
Last edited by Paratrax on Sep 5, 2014, 8:00:04 PM
"
Paratrax wrote:
If I play the Mjölner build on Softcore, should I still go so defensive with passives and gear?
Or can I go more on Damage (f.e. Atziris Lightning belt and so on)? If yes, what should I gear then?

Here is my current gear. I'm playing this same build on softcore and it works awesome.

I want to increase my DPS though. I need to get Attack Speed on my gloves and rings. I guess I'll gradually do that while leveling up and doing end-game maps. The faster I attack with LS or MS, the more % of proc's I can pull off of Mjolner, right etup? (if you read this :) )

Anyways, here is my gear atm. (Not anything worthy, just checked on xyz and bought the stuff, nothing special).

I need to to 21/20 my arc's too and get a higher % spell dmg rathpith as well... But yeah what else do I need to do to increase single target dps? I use vaal haste which helps. Aoe speed clearing is incredible, but I feel i'm lacking single target deeps. I am never going to use discharge, so don't offer that skill.. Arc all the way better.

Thanks for the build eTup, looking forward to your ideas/suggestions on improving this beast build :)

Kind Regards,

NiCk

Edit: Just curious, what if we put a lvl 3 or 4 Empower Gem with the 2x Arc instead of Lightning Penetration? How would even go about testing the damage for it lol? Just brainstorming! :)
Edit2: I'm testing Arc+Spell Echo/Lightning Penetration atm
Edit3: And yep.. nope spell echo sucks.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 6, 2014, 8:17:49 AM
Should I rush Acrobatic and Ondar before lvl 55 or 60?
i counted 269 to int on tree and gear, u can´t use mjölner.. it is not easy to get gear with right int strengh on them.. i got mjölner but can´t use it
is it worth it to pick up a doryani's scepter?

I have the currency to buy one but I really only need it for the leech. I have a 85% or so moonsorrow so the dps increase from doryani wouldn't be much

Current gear atm:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Last edited by Eep on Sep 8, 2014, 5:33:49 PM
"
Eep wrote:
is it worth it to pick up a doryani's scepter?

I have the currency to buy one but I really only need it for the leech. I have a 85% or so moonsorrow so the dps increase from doryani wouldn't be much

Honestly now that you can craft ele leech on weapons you can get much better wands than doryani and they will be WAY cheaper. Doryani's is #1 fire weapon and super rare so will be 20+ex for a while in new leagues. Go for 100%+ spell damage w/ prefix open for ele leech then for suffix u want cast speed & lightning damage.

"
7hei00 wrote:
Should I rush Acrobatic and Ondar before lvl 55 or 60?

I'd definitely get acrobatics and maybe phase acro ~40?. Ondars is useless until you run grace.

"
Paratrax wrote:

Yea i mean you can cut damage nodes to pickup more lightning nodes north of witch or maybe try and find some efficient attack speed around (but i think i got most of it) maybe berserking? You can tweak the build however you want and there's always the yolo discharge shit.
Last edited by Etup on Sep 9, 2014, 2:07:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info