Etup Builds N Gears!

"
Jindrak wrote:
Hey guys, here's my updated tree for his Mjolner arc build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxjpYNsXYJKcIna4abDbpJKoWb-Nq-tIXL2TnVdaApGaewBoaOJBVJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IABLPwH1nzrKpyqfcyfNnE9sQVPC3Grrc-_grYvTWStfJuqkrIPQ8kiwY5-6rzBlFgT32AVuoYdqzPfq2Nd-OuPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-fuJ5OenV8i8_JypNFSAs6d0NkApbr04qKaX8xWegh3bjn0p9eOsKm-cK73rTfn11_rp4rkjuPeIbrayYEQ9-r40Z5Ysb8X7H4BLZX92McYVXKUbX

We suffer the most from all of the removed shield nodes naturally.

Looks like you went full damage.

But I play softcore, so it's fine. But what's the end block % u got from that build? I have a

Which is about all I got for block, (And rathpith ofc)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Pretty much, as all the shield nodes have been removed and the ones that are left are all the way on the right side of the tree.

With the old build, stats were (for lvl 100):

Base stats:

+234 Str
+154 Dex
+242 Int

Spell:

+557 Max mana
62% incr Spell dmg
6% incr Cast speed
16% incr ele dmg with spells
14% reduced mana reserved

Defense:

+1441 to max life
+33% lightning resist
180% incr max life
+15% all ele resist
31% additional chance to block with shields
+22% ele resist while holding a shield
+26% fire resist
70% incr defences from shield
3.5% life regen
24% incr evasion rating and armor
8% incr move speed
4% additional chance to block with shield
dmg penetrates 2% lightning resist
+18% cold resist

Misc:

16% incr ele dmg
99% incr lightning dmg
40% incr block recovery
15% incr block and stun recovery
30% chance to avoid being stunned

weapon:

11% incr attk speed with one hand melee weap
10% incr accuracy rating
50% incr crit chance
10% incr crit mult
40% incr melee phys dmg
20% incr attk speed
20% incr accuracy
20% incr phys dmg with one hand melee weap
+46.8% incr melee phys dmg
+308 accuracy

With the new build I made, the differences are (I'm only putting things that changed):

Base stats:

+240 Str
+130 Dex
+210 Int

Spell:

58% incr Spell dmg
4% incr Cast speed

Defense:

+70 to max life
+15% lightning resist
168% incr max life
+48% all ele resist
14% additional chance to block with shields
+28% ele resist while holding a shield
+8% fire resist
200% incr defences from shield
2.8% life regen
14% additional chance to block with shield
dmg penetrates 5% lightning resist

Misc:

74% incr ele dmg
142% incr lightning dmg
33% incr cold dmg

weapon:

20% incr accuracy rating
4% incr melee attk speed
30% incr melee phys dmg while holding a shield

Currently, with my lvl 84 witch and 102 passive points, I've got:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxjpYNsXYJKcIna4abDbpJKoWb-Nq-tIXL2TnVdaApGaewBoaOJBVJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IAWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2xBU8Lcautz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg9DySLBjn7qvMGUWDqGHasz36tjXfjrj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgXz8aPn7ieTnp1T8nKk0VICzp3Q2QCluvTioppfzFeOsKm-cK73rTfn11_rp4rkjuPeIbrQSzwGasmDqz

Had to get the +30 strength node for stat requirements, also had to get Retribution for stat requirements for my gear. Current block stuff:

41% chance to block attacks
40% chance to block spells
3533 armor
25% phys dmg reduction

So it looks like I can modify the build a bit more. Current resists are all almost at 120%, so depending on you, you may not need the +15% all resist node. Have 4606 HP and 604 mana, so it’s ok on that side. But we are hurting badly for armor. So, with that in mind:

120 point dmg + armor tree:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxjpYNsXYJKcIna4abDbpJKoWb-Nq-tIXL2TnVdaApGaewBoaOJBVJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IAWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2xBU8Lcautz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg9DySLBjn7qvMGUWDqGHasz36tjXfjrj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgXz8aPn7ieTnp1T8nKk0VICzp3Q2QCluvTioppfzFeOsKm-cK73rTfn11_rp4rkjuPeIbrQSzwGasmDqz3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPfscb8eWLagGXtFWpKS58uBynGNdTpfAf

120 point full armor, less dmg tree:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHg9tVxjpYNsXYJKcIna4abDbpJKoWb-Nq-tIXL2TnVdaApGaewBoaOJBVJy_sOIKb7SDhc6IAWfOsqnKp9zJ82cT2xBU8Lcautz7-Cti9NZK18m6qSsg9DySLBjn7qvMGUWDqGHasz36tjXfjrj5nm-RRUEfvDhQgXz8aPn7ieTnp1T8nKk0VICzp3Q2QCluvTioppfzFeOsKm-cK73rTfn11_rp4rkjuPeIbrQSzwGasmDqzagGXtFWpKS58uBynGNdTpfAf8aw9_IzP9khYY8bYjHa3MZ48

That second build also gives a little bit more life.
Last edited by Jindrak on Dec 13, 2014, 4:22:06 AM
Bro, all of those builds deemed < 50% block chance. I even went this route to get the block clusters and I have Rathpith, and a 4% BLOCK Corrupted Lazwarth and I'm still only at 50/59% block chance! It's an absolute joke. They nerfed the living shit out of block.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcFLQY5CpsM9xBYEQ8UIBUgFVAWbxo4Gj4abButG8gfAiSLJKonLymlKk0snCzpMjQ1kjbFNuk6WDwtPQ894j8nQKBDMUSrSO5KyE1GTipPfVBHUWBVrlXGWfNbr14TXz9gS2LsZp5nm26qcql07XYRd-N4rnjreTl673zZfuKAVoIQgpuD24Tvj6aQCpBVna6iAKcIqZWsmKyqrK-uPrXytkG3PsAawL_BgsQVxPbGrtN-2CTYvd0N37Dhc-Nq5FHk7OcK6dXqGOw47SDvDu968i_zBvcy-tL7qvzF_go=

See how I grabbed Testedo at the bottom? This shit didn't even help. Running courtyard maps I Can totally feel the difference in survability. They completely, literally ruined this build. What an absolute joke. I am done.

I made fun of people on the forums who claimed GGG was "Path of Nerfs", it's actually true and now I feel bad for making fun of them; and regret supporting GGG for that issue. They literally just ruined my fucking character. Now I'm out of regrets and everything even after the 'free' passive skill reset. What a joke. All I want to do is fucking farm maps and relax like I have been doing for the PAST 3-4 MONTHS. Why do they do this? Do they really want me to go back to d3? I just don't understand the logic behind it, to make players angry?

Edit: My character wasn't even OP before, it was still challenging as hell to run maps. I just don't understand the logic to increase the 'difficulty' when it WAS STILL Very challenging and FUN already....... blah
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Dec 13, 2014, 5:32:51 AM
Oh, I know they're all under 50% block. I never tried to raise that, as when I saw the tree, it was pointless. I simply went the route of trying to get some defense in the form of armor.
te]
ING: SymphonicBlack
So I went the self-cast arc build again this season.

I changed it up a bit because of the new stuff by templar

I believe the old build went from ondar's --> big wheel

here is a 1.3 tree:

some high lights:

204% life
17% cast speed
385% total lightning damage (this seems like way more compared to last season)
15% chance to shock
25% more dmg vs shocked enemies
Acro cluster/ondar's
5% lightning pen

lots of offense, pretty good defense. You could easily swap some damage nodes for more life if you want

gear pretty much same as last season.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RX 2080
Samsung 980 Pro SSD
32GB GSkill Trident-Z
Just showcasing my build/items for Etup's Mjölner build since people have been asking for version that works in 1.3

GEAR

TREE @LEVEL 84

http://poeurl.com/y9zWrFM

This build is still is ridiculous tbh. I've have not died since switching to it and the clear speed is still insane. Rumi's makes up for the changes to block imo. You have to grab the Sovereignty passive nodes if you want to run PoL, Grace, and Determination.
Last edited by Toonish on Dec 24, 2014, 8:41:14 PM
Would using A SAffells Frame shield be better or is the "Cannot block attacks" on saffells a downside to it? Just wanting to know because Ive had a Mjolner just sitting in my stash since the 3rd day of this league and wanted to build something around it. :3
Here is my version of etups mjolner build in 1.3 for torment.

57% block attack
75% block spells
4.6k life 1.2k es(lol) Can drop some damage (templar elemental triangle) for life.
8k armor
overcapped resist (109% for map ele weakness) -missing 1% cold need perfect alpha/doryani:(

If you dont have corrupted lazwar you'll need to grab spell block nodes from witch.

If I can be bothered to get to level 98 I'll pick up the witch flask nodes.

Build clears all maps except -max resist, can handle ele reflect map just swap granite for another topaz.

Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswY5CTMKmxBYFCAVIBVQFm8ZtBo4Gj4abButHwIkiySqKaUqTSycLOkvzDI0NZI2xTbpPC09Dz3iPydEq0bXR35I7kp9SshM_04qUEdRYFWuVcZXKVnzW69fP2VNZp5nm2egaPJuqnGFcql2EXfjeK5463k5fNl9dX7ighCD24TZh3aPppAKkFWdrqIApwisqq4-r2yxQrXytz69Nr6nwBrAZsGCxBXE9sauytPRNtN-2CTYvd0N37DiLONq45_kUeTs5wrvDu968B_yL_MG8xH3MvrS-6r8xf4K_ro=

Leveled as arc until 60 then switched to mjolner + astramentis till I got the rest of my gear. Needed to run rumis + topaz when I didnt have much spell block to deal with reflect. I dont think this build got nerfed as bad as other block builds to be honest, still one of the stronger builds I'ved played.
Last edited by Hybrid897 on Jan 15, 2015, 5:50:00 AM
Etup, mind posting your Reavers gear with standard gem setup? I imagine currently it's for Atziri specifically. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info