[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

What do you recommend to run: Hatred, HoT, HoA or replace HoA with HoI?
Would this be viable for end game hardcore mapping? Is it rippy?
"
JoopO wrote:
What do you recommend to run: Hatred, HoT, HoA or replace HoA with HoI?

HoA by itself doesn't really do much apart from increasing tooltip dps.

I have tried to recapture the HoA burn from 1.3 but its too hard. It's really quite effective when connected to increased burning or increased AoE, but the added mana reservation is too hard to manage.

A previous setup had Hatred + HoT auto-curse + HoA inc burn. I also took 12% on the tree and used a lvl 2 enlighten. This was 99% reservation.

But i made the decision that spending 6 points to get Charisma wasn't worth it.

The current setup is Hatred + HoT auto-curse + HoI
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
"
RarityFinder wrote:
Would this be viable for end game hardcore mapping? Is it rippy?

i wouldn't recommend this for HC.

It uses the anti-HC helmet, Abyssus

However, the tree is open to much more life. You can complete the scion wheel and the marauder starting life nodes. There's potential for 6k life.

Also, you can drop abyssus for rats nest.

The dps is there and makes the bino regen really strong, but you rely on regular life leech against bosses, so more defensive play is required at those times. But you can adapt to HC if you want
Last edited by fiqst on Aug 19, 2015, 8:41:11 PM
Hi, this is my first time playing PoE and I'm trying your build while levling my Duelist and I'm at the point where I have to choose to help Alira or not. What are the benefits of helping her vs not helping her and what do you recommend doing?
Last edited by Smuppen on Aug 20, 2015, 8:42:23 AM
"
Smuppen wrote:
Hi, this is my first time playing PoE and I'm trying your build while levling my Duelist and I'm at the point where I have to choose to help Alira or not. What are the benefits of helping her vs not helping her and what do you recommend doing?

Hi there,

By looking at your profile i see that you have been paying for 2 days and your character is level 20.

So i assume you mean the choice you make with the bandits the very first time you encounter them.

If you weren't aware, this is how poe works:

When you first play the game, you will encounter the bandit quest and make your decision on who to help.

After you complete the game (act 4), you then continue in the next difficulty (cruel) and will play all acts again with the same character. This includes completing the bandit quest a second time.

The game has 3 difficulties in fact. And during which, you will have completed the bandit quest 3 times in total.

So when you read a guide and the bandits read something like:

Oak
Oak
Alira

It means that in the first difficulty level, normal, you should choose to help Oak. The next difficulty, Cruel, oak again.

The final difficulty, Merciless, is where you choose Alira.

The different difficulties offer different bandit rewards.

It's a bit confusing i know, and the thought of doing the same acts over and over again may seem daunting but it's a great way to learn how to pay this fine game.
Oh ok I get it now. It makes sense that you have to do it on all the difficulties, I didn't know the rewards were different though so that's good to know.

In your guide it says:
Bandits

All / Oak
Oak 16% phys
Alira power charge

First I thought that you could choose between helping Alira or Oak as a viable option and then under it was just what bonuses it gave you. But if I understand it correctly now it's three options for the three difficulties and what specific rewards to choose when you help them. But the first one that says All / Oak, does "All" here mean to kill all of them? And yea, what do you recommend considering it's my first time playing? :P

And having to do all the act all over again is fine. Played quite a bit of Diablo 2 back in the days ^^
It seems mostly everyone has come to the conclusion that Oak in Cruel is not worth it as there are numerous nodes that outweight it, thoughts on this?

On a similar note, is there any reason we don't head up to the dagger nodes near Shadow, it seems like it would be possible to crit cap yourself without 4 power charges using these nodes as well as adding that huge multiplier and poison on crit.

Technically, using this, you can get rid of Snakebite and add in Maligaro's and likely do far mnore damage.
Last edited by jdotjdot7 on Aug 21, 2015, 12:50:44 PM
is this build viable without insane gear like you(e.g. amulet..)?
got an soul taker and wanna try this build
but my friend told me do not see this article cuz i would never got the same gear like you
so is there any budget version or something can replace that amuelt?
itsLevitt
Last edited by itsLevitt on Aug 22, 2015, 12:24:33 PM
My damage is currently sitting at 38.7k on the tooltip in my Hideout without any charges, which I guess is alright considering I'm still leveling my quality gems, it's just survivability that seems to be my issue still. I can hold my own, but I get absolutely wrecked on certain fights, or in places like Poorjoy's. I want to move to normal Atziri farming soon, but I'm not there yet.

I'd love some input on my current build and gear. I'm still hunting for upgrades to my rings and amulets, but seeing as I need all of my resist coming from there, and the amulet is kind of mandatory Int to run my gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info