[2.1] "Cyclonus" Crit Bino Cyclone by fiqst

Hi guys, thanks for problem solving.

I have changed the tree:

- removed 6 nodes from the Charisma cluster and pathway.
- used those 6 nodes and chose more life and dps, as well as a +30 INT node (didn't have the right rings)

This is my current tree:

110 points

The mana reserved situation is such:

I replaced increased burning with fire penetration, which changed the mana reserved of the HoA gemset from 42% to 35% (huge difference).

EDIT: disregard this post. Fire pen does not work with HoA

So the reserved list goes:

hatred 42%
HoA 35%
HoT 17%

total 94%

the left over mana for me was 29, which was enough to cast blood rage, but i still linked it to blood magic and inc. duration.

Keep in mind that all reduced mana gems are lvl 20.
inc burning vs fire penatration

59% increased burning damage vs. 35% fire penetration

mob fire resist = 0%

inc burn:
If the overkill damage is 1000, inc burn will boost that damage up to 1590.

fire pen:
fire pen will drop resist down to -35%
And if the overkill damage is 1000, the damage becomes 1350

mob fire resist = 75%

inc burn:
If the overkill damage is 1000, inc burn will boost that damage up to 1590.
And if the mob has 75% fire resist, the damage becomes 397.5

fire pen:
If the mob has 75% fire resist, fire pen will drop it down to 40%
And if the overkill damage is 1000, the damage becomes 600

Conclusion

inc burn is better at killing white mobs and mobs without moch fire resistance.
fire pen is much better at killing ele and fire resistant rares and uniques.

The fact that mana reserved gets dropped by 7%, fire pen is the clear winner to this build

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on Jan 26, 2015, 3:50:37 PM
could these work with out acuity? It's a pain saving up for a pair lol

"
travisiscool wrote:

Yes they work well and relying on life leech and the life leech rate has worked perfectly fine for most builds. You just can't be as aggressive.

The unique aspect of the 2 versions is the life multiplication in each. Dagger/Acuity for instant life leech in one, and Bino/Snakebite life regen in the other for those with less currency. Each of these are much better than relying on only the life leech rate
"
fiqst wrote:
"
travisiscool wrote:

Yes they work well and relying on life leech and the life leech rate has worked perfectly fine for most builds. You just can't be as aggressive.

The unique aspect of the 2 versions is the life multiplication in each. Dagger/Acuity for instant life leech in one, and Bino/Snakebite life regen in the other for those with less currency. Each of these are much better than relying on only the life leech rate

atm I'm using bino's & snakebite, I just can't afford acuity :(

once I get Blood Drinker & BBBR on my gloves I'll try it.
Last edited by travisiscool on Jan 25, 2015, 3:31:42 AM
"
fiqst wrote:
That was very nice to read thanks mate!

The RT pathway is a very cookie cutter dual wield tree, much like a Blender from the past (you might not know what that even is). You can be quite powerful with your current equipment if you use a Bringer of Rain helmet.

The BoR is a 7 link item and is a great stepping stone to a true 6 link later on. Learn its uses as it will serve you through mapping and farming until you have the necessary items to start the crit pathway.

Let me know if you want me to help further, I have good knowledge of the Blender playstyle

While I get enough to get a BoR, how about changing the weapons for a wings of entropy?
"
Mclaudi wrote:

While I get enough to get a BoR, how about changing the weapons for a wings of entropy?

That's a great idea and my friend Ether has a BoR+WoE cyclone build here. But his tree is completely different and way more optimised for that item combination than mine.

I got a few things to roll just how I wanted going to test these out still have snake bite & bino's but this is my set up 71k unbuffed , 98k auras , 132k charges , 158k with atziri's.
Last edited by travisiscool on Jan 25, 2015, 5:23:39 PM
"
fiqst wrote
I replaced increased burning with fire penetration, which changed the mana reserved of the HoA gemset from 42% to 35% (huge difference).

Dude can you explain this pls? Fire pen has 140% mana multiplier while Inc Burn Dmg has 120%, how did you manage to lower mana reserved?
Last edited by MaxGor90 on Jan 26, 2015, 8:44:33 AM
"
MaxGor90 wrote:
"
fiqst wrote

Dude can you explain this pls? Fire pen has 140% mana multiplier while Inc Burn Dmg has 120%, how did you manage to lower mana reserved?

Thats a good point.

The reserved value doesn't change when equipping and removing fire pen, so i'm lead to believe that fire pen doesn't work with HoA.

I will check it out for sure
"

Resistance Penetration is an on-Hit effect. Damage over Time does not Hit. Herald of Ash deals only Damage over Time.

It's from HoA skill feedback thread. So it seems fire pen really has nothing to do with HoA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info