RPG Codex posts pics for top 70 cRPGs

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
The second was Eye of the Beholder, because unlike virtually every SSI product until then, it actually looked good and sounded as well as being super-faithful to the idea of the dungeon crawl. Its exclusion from this list is beyond excuse.

I had completely forgotten about this game. I played it on the SNES. From what I can remember it was really cool but hard as nails.

I remember never being able to beat Eye of the Beholder when I was a kid. I would always get lost somewhere deep inside the dungeon and run out of food. Any game where you can starve to death gets a +1 from me.

I also cannot fathom why Neverwinter Nights 1 is not on this list. It's one of the only good games that uses 3.5 and not the horrid 2nd edition. I loved Baldur's Gate, but man, that THAC0, yes I started playing PnP D&D in 3E. It also has Hordes of the Underdark, one of my favorite expansions for any game.
Last edited by Mephasm on May 13, 2014, 10:46:28 PM
BG2 only number 4?
Id forgotten all about those little details hehe good memory on the finding bones and truning them into party members. the fights were turn based but that didn't take away from the tention one bit. That Beholder was very eerie
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Yay, my two favorite games (Gothic II and Vampire Bloodlines) are in the top 10. I kinda miss Sacred in the list, but it probably didn't make it for the same reason as Diablo.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Arcanum on fifth position, very acceptable but because F1 and F2 are tied together above it.
The dialogue in Arcanum was so well done. Depending on the intelligence and race of your character the game ended up feeling completely different.

Sadly.. games these days don't offer even remotely as much.
*Shakes fist at Skyrim.

I still beat myself over the head because I boosted INT stat of The Magnificent Bobo, my melee ogre. Dialogue options with INT<5 were SO. MUCH. FUN.,
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Yay, my two favorite games (Gothic II and Vampire Bloodlines) are in the top 10. I kinda miss Sacred in the list, but it probably didn't make it for the same reason as Diablo.

Bloodlines was excellent. I sadly didn't get to play it at launch since that was my dark era of pc games( my pc sucked). I played it since and loved it. Played a lot of VtM PnP when I was a young'un and I thought they did a great job capturing the feel for the world of darkness. Im still waiting on a Wraith: The Oblivion cRPG :/
"
TheWretch wrote:
I would also add

to this list. Its made by the guys who made FO1 and 2. Its a mix of D2 and Fallout. Whats not to love.

God damn you Wretch... god damn you. And I just had my gaming addiction subdued. Now I got to go back to killing goblins, voydanois and F11 (yeah, it's the quickload key in LIONHEART).

p.s. at least I get to kick Machiavelli's skinny backstabbing ass, lul
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
Last edited by Avramovic on May 17, 2014, 11:38:40 AM
Thanks for posting this link, I hadn't seen it.

P.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Thanks for posting this link, I hadn't seen it.

P.

You're welcome ;) I got a kick out of it and thought others might too.
"
Avramovic wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
I would also add

to this list. Its made by the guys who made FO1 and 2. Its a mix of D2 and Fallout. Whats not to love.

God damn you Wretch... god damn you. And I just had my gaming addiction subdued. Now I got to go back to killing goblins, voydanois and F11 (yeah, it's the quickload key in LIONHEART).

p.s. at least I get to kick Machiavelli's skinny backstabbing ass, lul

AAAArgh! Now you're making me want to play it again!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info