RPG Codex posts pics for top 70 cRPGs

a list that actually covers gothic 2, awesome.
There are a lot of good games on this list, but some good ones were left off.

Jagged Alliance should have been on there. From Leech's insistence on finishing off his target before he would move on ("In a minute, I ain't done with him yet") to Allison (?)'s excited "I found something" the characters were distinct and definitely played their roles to the hilt.

Considering the vast period of time these games span, and they way they were played, the list probably should have included what are now considered ARPGs as well.

Interesting list nonetheless :-)

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 13, 2014, 12:15:49 AM
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
personally I'd place the second Fallout above the first. NWN1...I could probably write a small book about why it should be there.

I don't know... yeah, FO2, a LOT more locations and no timed stranglehold on finding GECK (in comparison to the clock ticking for water chip in FO1), but then all those modern weapons kinda seem forced. I was orgazmic-happy in first part when I get a scoped hunting rifle and in second I find my 11th G-something flechette and it's like 'meh, to the vendor'. It's just not the same.
http://unrealitymag.bcmediagroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gibson2.jpg

Mel Gibson is your daddy... and, you don't really want to know what he does.
Last edited by Avramovic on May 13, 2014, 3:30:59 AM
The fact that Divinity, and Divinity 2 scored so low makes me really upset.

The fact that Arcanum scored 5th makes me really happy though. I still have my full box with the game and all the goodies sitting on my shelf.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Arcanum on fifth position, very acceptable but because F1 and F2 are tied together above it.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
personally I'd place the second Fallout above the first. NWN1...I could probably write a small book about why it should be there.

I couldn't agree more on the FO2>FO1. One was excellent but 2 is still my fav cRPG to this day. I lost my shit when I first fixed that highwayman!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
DalaiLama wrote:
There are a lot of good games on this list, but some good ones were left off.

Jagged Alliance should have been on there. From Leech's insistence on finishing off his target before he would move on ("In a minute, I ain't done with him yet") to Allison (?)'s excited "I found something" the characters were distinct and definitely played their roles to the hilt.

Considering the vast period of time these games span, and they way they were played, the list probably should have included what are now considered ARPGs as well.

Interesting list nonetheless :-)

ya they def sould have included aRPGs. Codexers are pretty harsh on them from what I remember from when I would frequent that site. Probably why they named cRPGs but still..
"
"
ALSO, Where's EOTB?!

Spoiler
Two games dramatically changed my opinion of TSR games/SSI adaptations of Dungeons and Dragons products on computer. Both I saw as demos in shops randomly as a kid and both moments are concrete in my memory.

The first was Dragon Strike. A friggin' Dragon Simulator set during the War of the Lance? Wow. Yes. Mind blown. But it wasn't an RPG, so it doesn't belong here.

The second was Eye of the Beholder, because unlike virtually every SSI product until then, it actually looked good as well as super-faithful to the idea of the dungeon crawl. Its exclusion from this list is beyond excuse.
Gladly replace Mass effect with it. Let's not forget Dungeon Master either. Opp.. never-mind, on the list.

I honestly have no idea how ME made this list at all.
I would also add

to this list. Its made by the guys who made FO1 and 2. Its a mix of D2 and Fallout. Whats not to love.
"
The second was Eye of the Beholder, because unlike virtually every SSI product until then, it actually looked good and sounded as well as being super-faithful to the idea of the dungeon crawl. Its exclusion from this list is beyond excuse.

I had completely forgotten about this game. I played it on the SNES. From what I can remember it was really cool but hard as nails.

Last edited by TheWretch on May 13, 2014, 10:31:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info