[1.2] Sidra's Guide: Acrobatics Based Physical Crit Split Arrow Ranger (Atziri Kill Video Inside)

"
Asidra wrote:
A lot of people have mana problems with Frenzy because of how quickly it fires. At one point somewhere in the 60s or 70s I swapped it out for Burning Arrow myself because of mana. It comes down to 2 things:

1.) Max Mana pool - directly impacts your leech rate, and on a strong single target skill like Frenzy you will be leeching this rate the whole time

2.) DPS - the more damage you do, the less time you need to sustain firing.

And Qyenoh - I am not sure I understand how that doomfletch works. Like let's just use the top end 46 damage number, does it add base 50 damage of a random element to each attack which then gets multiplied by all your damage stuff? Because if it does the overall DPS of the bow would still be under 100 - basically unusable at 42. But my understanding of how it works could be way off.

And Panini - I don't think the math will ever work for anyone to permanently sustain Frenzy mana unless they are running EB or something - you just need to sustain it for things long enough to die. My Frenzy costs 41 at 3.57 attacks per second = 146/sec usage. My leech rate + my regen is 101. So I lose 45/sec, which is 3 full seconds of firing for me. At 56k dps = nothing lives 3 seconds (10 whole frenzy shots) - so I am good. But the less damage you do, the longer you need to be able to sustain it.

Edit: and if I was starting from 0 charges it's more attacks than that since they are slower to start.

That's what i was thought. It's like impossible to sustain it for longer than a couple of seconds.

How do you do it when you are in a party and attacking a map boss? Then you will run out of mana fast.
Well, most bosses require constant repositioning - so that pretty much takes care of the problem (or makes it not a problem) as less than 1.5 sec after I am doing firing, I am full mana again.

But if it was a situation in a party against a boss where I am still shooting and not not moving for that long - I'd just hit a mana pot while firing. For such a specific scenario, I am ok with needing to use a potion. You can even use a hybrid potion since you don't have much mana - that way you can get other uses from it as well.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on May 31, 2014, 1:44:11 PM
"
Asidra wrote:
And Panini - I don't think the math will ever work for anyone to permanently sustain Frenzy mana unless they are running EB or something - you just need to sustain it for things long enough to die. My Frenzy costs 41 at 3.57 attacks per second = 146/sec usage. My leech rate + my regen is 101. So I lose 45/sec, which is 3 full seconds of firing for me. At 56k dps = nothing lives 3 seconds (10 whole frenzy shots) - so I am good. But the less damage you do, the longer you need to be able to sustain it.

Edit: and if I was starting from 0 charges it's more attacks than that since they are slower to start.
Well, you're right. So one must calculate how much time he wants to sustain frenzy and adjust his mana pool accordingly. But it's probably sustainable without EB, I almost succeed to do it with a deficit of 12 mana/s only. With 430 unreserved mana, I can sustain frenzy for 36s (which is not very useful, but I need that much for lightning arrow).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 31, 2014, 1:58:13 PM
Really? How do you have that much unreserved mana? And what does your Frenzy cost?

Maybe I should have asterisked my statement "for anyone running 2 auras and using mana"
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Yes, only one aura so 430 mana unreserved. You can hardly run LA on mana with two auras because of its high cost, 74 for me.

edit: my exact numbers:

frenzy cost: 35 (pcoc) or 41 (incr crit dmg). pcoc is my default setup now
3.55 att/s full charged
743 max mana, 430 unreserved.
40.7 mana regen with clarity on life.

So I can even sustain frenzy with pcoc indefinitely.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on May 31, 2014, 2:39:40 PM
Hi there, been following your build so far lvl 50 end of cruel.

What do you think of the two uniques: rat´s nest and lightning coil???
"
lui36000 wrote:
Hi there, been following your build so far lvl 50 end of cruel.

What do you think of the two uniques: rat´s nest and lightning coil???

Both are awesome. In the guide, I mention Rat's Nest specifically as an option in my 1 glass cannon unique theory. I chose to use Maligaros instead, but it wouldn't perform much differently with a Rat's nice and life/res/+phy gloves. And run speed and +rarity are nice quality of life increases.

Lightning Coil is great as well. The only thing is that it basically requires you to build around it, as you have a ton of Lightning Resist to make up. But if you do - the defensive benefit is more than worth it. You give up a little evasion and make gearing (or give up an aura) more difficult, but in return you get a substantial amount of physical damage reduction. I think the trade-off is worth it.

And I hope you are enjoying the build.

Last edited by Asidra on Jun 2, 2014, 5:28:50 PM
+1 on lightning coil. I'd really like to have one instead of my rare chest but I'll need to redo my gear entirely :p.
"
Asidra wrote:

And Qyenoh - I am not sure I understand how that doomfletch works. Like let's just use the top end 46 damage number, does it add base 50 damage of a random element to each attack which then gets multiplied by all your damage stuff? Because if it does the overall DPS of the bow would still be under 100 - basically unusable at 42. But my understanding of how it works could be way off.

its also unclear to me how this bow works, but it turns out to be a really good levelling bow. im using it from lvl 28 till now (lv 61, act3 merc) and its really good, 3k tooltip dps for split arrow/pierce and it feels like im doing more than that, and its somehow good against reflect mobs. guess i'll stick with it till 68 when i can finally use harbinger.
to whoever hacked my account....enjoy ur pixelated stuff u shithole
Just want to thank Asidra for this build. Really enjoying it so far.

Level 55 and just killed Cruel Dom, didn't think I'd be able to with my shit gear (only have 1475 life), but some decent movement speed (20%)+ Puncture>Physical Projectile Dmg>Faster Attacks>Increased Duration was enough to take him down along with his champions. Just kept moving while taking pot shots at him lol. This build gets you far with shitty gear. I've been using death harp for a while now.

Mana right now isn't too much of an issue (I occasionally have to use a pot) as I have 300 mana + 5% leech from gear. With this I'm able to sustain split arrow for a while (a little less with 4 frenzy charges).

On my skill tree I'm up by the second frenzy charge, not sure whether to go left for bow dmg/life or right for intelligence/crit/mind drinker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info