[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
kanon1 wrote:
When going for atziri or normal maps should i use life leech gem or lightning penetration?
with lightning penetration i will have enough life leech?

You should have enough life leech when using lightning penetration, however if you feel like it's not healing you fast enough, don't hesitate to switch it out for the life leech gem.

On a side note, if you're mapping and using lightning penetration, you will die to reflect almost immediately if you do not use your flasks in time. Using your flasks should allow you to take virtually no damage as your resists will be 97% fire and 98% lightning combined with the 1% lightning leech we have.
Last edited by Hizbas on Oct 13, 2014, 8:35:47 PM
"
amaze1015 wrote:
Where is the Skill Tree for Scion?

I'm sure Tom will add it in later.
Here's a level 90 version for Scion though.

http://poeurl.com/y2MJqHO
Well I saw Hizbas build and I think mine is made for more survability, but I could have more dps spending points on dmg.

Vaal mask improved a lot my dps with these linked gems: Blood rage with enhace lvl 5 and Blood magic on low life gives me 94% AS on low life.
More AS, more dmg not only high numbers on discharge, it will come later.
Lightning strike 0.14S Attack time and molten strike same.
Also when I pop Righteus fire, with enhace lvl 5 it gives 60%+39% spell dmg.

After this, I will calculate dmg with arc on my HO, with no power charges or any shit, only the base dmg.
With life leech only, as I usually play maps to not die, dps is 2k.
With Iron will it goes up to 3k.
And....when pop Righteus fire...6k.

this as I said is with passives for survive, vaal pact and I can play reflect and Atziri without any flask with life leech gem and oneshot mobs

passives lvl 89 (didnt take passives from bandits...bad choice long time ago)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMADH0NfA2NDjwQfxFQFHEVUBcvGS4bJRzcHRQdTx_HIvQksCW8J6kn7Sj6Kjgspi1HLYsvbzW5Nug3gzpSQqNGcUcGSVFJsUuuUEJXyVivWfNca1yKX2pmnmebbAtsFm0ZcLtyqXgNe9d82X5Zf8aApIIQgseDCYRIhtGHGYw2j0aP-pBVkNaTJ5uhn8uio6brpwinK6lurKq0DLiTwBrBxcHzw23GntDQ1I_Xz9kT2Vva3dvn34rfsN-_4YjpAuoY6rrr7uwY74jw1fcy99f46_k3-tL8Sw==

It could improve Hizbas DPS going right for trickery nodes and above elemental damage nodes.
Trickery gives us elemental dmg improving also dmg from endurance and frenzy charges, not only power charges, and intelligence wich gives more ES. In fact, Endurance charges gives us more dps as discharge description says, so only going for light dmage is at least half dps.

Btw, now I have 7,2K ES and 88-87-88 Resis, soon 89 fire res with lvl 21 purity.
If I had more gear with Strength, I could spend more passives on ES or Elemental DMG as Hizbas, but spent a lot of points on strength now.

Flasks

Only for using RF and last remove burning to stop Rf when enemy down.
Easy (not need even to use flask on reflect), safe and also oneshot almost all
Last edited by reimbowl on Oct 13, 2014, 9:08:47 PM
Hi guys,

Now that we don´t use RF, how calculate our DPS?

Here are my calculations:

Lightning Strike (assuming ALL projectiles hit) 6.29 * 7 * 2 = 88.06 hits per second.

These hits trigger both Arc and Discharge 88.06 / 2 = 44.03 times per second.

DISCHARGE = 44.03 * 14031 = 617784,93 average DPS
ARC = 44.03 * (245 + 4626) / 2 = 107235,06 average DPS

Case 4 of 7 projec. of Ligh. Strike hit = (617784,93 + 107235,06) * (4/7) = 414297,13K damage per second.

Here my offence stats (3 endurance + 3 frenzy + 4 power charge)

ARC
Spoiler

IRON WILL
Spoiler

LIGHT.STRIKE
Spoiler

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Oct 14, 2014, 7:19:05 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
Hi guys,

Now that we don´t use RF, how calculate our DPS?

Here are my calculations:

Lightning Strike (assuming ALL projectiles hit) 6.29 * 7 * 2 = 88.06 hits per second.

These hits trigger both Arc and Discharge 88.06 / 2 = 44.03 times per second.

DISCHARGE = 44.03 * 14031 = 617784,93 average DPS
ARC = 44.03 * (245 + 4626) / 2 = 107235,06 average DPS

Case 4 of 7 projec. of Ligh. Strike hit = (617784,93 + 107235,06) * (4/7) = 414297,13K damage per second.

Here my offence stats (3 endurance + 3 frenzy + 4 power charge)

ARC
Spoiler

IRON WILL
Spoiler

LIGHT.STRIKE
Spoiler

Lightning Penetration will give higher effective DPS than Iron Will. It should wind up somewhat similar against 0% resist enemies but it's vastly superior against overcapped enemies/bosses.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Any tips for trio at atziri?
i tried it a few times before 1.2 with RF and they just killed me before i could kill the ranged one (rain).
i changed my gear so i think it should be better now and started a witch instead of scion.
should i change arc to Concentrated Effect when fighting bosses? and life leech or lightning penetration for bosses?

thanks.
"
kanon1 wrote:
should i change arc to Concentrated Effect when fighting bosses? and life leech or lightning penetration for bosses?

Conc Effect instead of Arc for bosses is a VERY interesting idea... I may test that a bit. Don't know if tom/hizbas/goat4dinner have tested and can comment.

Lightning Penetration is the best option at all times if you don't need life leech, and provides a very large boost to your DPS against bosses who are often overcapped.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Oct 14, 2014, 10:19:02 AM
"
Hizbas wrote:
"
kanon1 wrote:
When going for atziri or normal maps should i use life leech gem or lightning penetration?
with lightning penetration i will have enough life leech?

You should have enough life leech when using lightning penetration, however if you feel like it's not healing you fast enough, don't hesitate to switch it out for the life leech gem.

On a side note, if you're mapping and using lightning penetration, you will die to reflect almost immediately if you do not use your flasks in time. Using your flasks should allow you to take virtually no damage as your resists will be 97% fire and 98% lightning combined with the 1% lightning leech we have.

If using life leech to replace lightning penetration for mapping, can you leech it back
against reflect packs? (without flasks)
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
kanon1 wrote:

Conc Effect instead of Arc for bosses is a VERY interesting idea... I may test that a bit. Don't know if tom/hizbas/goat4dinner have tested and can comment.

Lightning Penetration is the best option at all times if you don't need life leech, and provides a very large boost to your DPS against bosses who are often overcapped.

Since arc hits once and thus generates a power charge (which will later also be re-used as endurance charge) it should theoretically break even or even outperform concentrated effect.

Concentrated might actually be better in some rare cases, but I don't personally think excessive gem swapping is good.
IGN: Pirteloli
"
kanon1 wrote:
Any tips for trio at atziri?
i tried it a few times before 1.2 with RF and they just killed me before i could kill the ranged one (rain).
i changed my gear so i think it should be better now and started a witch instead of scion.

thanks.

Watch my positioning when I enter the trio room, you should try something similar.
Don't be scared to run in and attack, that's the whole point of the build.
The key is that your offence is your defence, if you're not doing damage, you're not healing enough.

If you're still having problems then switch out and use life leech, however it's completely unnecessary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Yk6GIapvM
Last edited by Hizbas on Oct 14, 2014, 6:09:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info