[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

i got this gem it helped a lot in strenth effient training crimson jewel
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAecNfA48EQ8RUBRxFVAXLxmKGjgajxslHRQdTx2qH8cksCW8JwsnqSymLR8tiy9vNAo1uTboN2Y6UjsNRnFJUUuuTLNV1lnzXIpfal-wYVJk52aebRlvnnC7cg9yqXvXfNl-WX_GgKSDCYO2hmCG0YcpjHaPRo_6kFWQ1pMnlSCboZu1n8uio6cIpyunMKyYrKq0DLcxvorBxcHzwzrKSsrT0B_Q0NkT2Vva3dtP34rfv-DD4YjpAuoY6rrsGO9O7-vw1fba9zL31_jr-tL7Cf5J?accountName=nitro1914&characterName=newICEPHYNIX

Last edited by nitro1914 on Jul 13, 2015, 1:58:36 PM
"
urgatorbait wrote:
Hi all,

I’ve been enjoying reading the various posts with first impressions of the build post 2.0 and some of the testing being done. I have not respec’d my passives yet but I have a fairly solid idea of how I’ll go – pending any late breaking commentary from those of you digging into the subtle nuances of the build. Where I feel I am most unsure, is what gems to run in my 6 link chest (Shavs). I’ve seen some of you running most of your auras out of that piece and using a 4 link for your main attack but I don’t think I want to go that way. So that leaves me with a few other viable options.

1. Lightning Strike > Multistrike > Faster Attacks > GMP > Fortify > Added Lightning/Chaos Dmg
2. Lightning Strike > Multistrike > Faster Attacks > GMP > Curse on Hit > Conductivity/Elemental Weakness/Poacher’s or Warlord’s Mark?

Before 2.0 I was running a life version of the build. I used a CoH setup in my 6 link (Belly) with Warlord’s Mark. That provided plenty of leech to the point where I ran Iron Will as my 3rd link in my Mjolnir for about 100% additional spell damage. I liked the auto cursing this provided and mobs seemed to be cursed well off-screen. I keep thinking about how CoH/Poachers would help with the sustain on LS and make Jewel crafting a bit more easy/flexible.

Or is there some other 6 link combo I should be looking at? At the end of the day, I really would like to begin working on recoloring my Shav sockets which will likely be a bit problematic. I just want to be really sure of which way I want to go before dropping a boatload of chromes. Any insights on the above are greatly appreciated.

Oh, the other thing I'm wavering on is whether to use a Prism Guardian or some other mid-to-high ES rare shield.
what jewels are you using.
No jewels at the moment. I haven't even respent my passives yet and still trying to get all my gear in order.
Maybe I'm just slow but I realized they buried skills points in an A4 quest and that you then need to go back in each difficulty to get it. While it's a pain it will help with my tree for sure. Just wanted to bring this up in case anyone is as dense as me.
Last edited by ChaseX13 on Jul 13, 2015, 7:41:04 PM
Since someone asked i tried making a RF build... Meh...numbers are really bad.. About 1k ES less and less dps since i couldnt squeeze in wrath and herald of thunder. It's confirmed again that RF variant is again inferior.
What are your thoughts of going Life-based with the new chest unique Kingsguard?

"Gain 100 Life when an Endurance Charge expires or is consumed"

How would the trade-offs be on dps vs. survivability?
"
eugenez wrote:
What are your thoughts of going Life-based with the new chest unique Kingsguard?

"Gain 100 Life when an Endurance Charge expires or is consumed"

How would the trade-offs be on dps vs. survivability?

I've not done any in-depth theorycrafting on this and suspect there will be a way to get it to work well for a life based variant, but the largest trade-off that you are likely to make is probably on your auras. Without Blood Magic / Mortal Conviction, you just aren't going to be able to run all the auras you want... you will probably have to drop a herald and one or maybe even two auras.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
So I decided to fire up PoE on my laptop (boooo integrated graphics) just to get things started up. Here's what my gear looks like with the proper 2.0 gem setup:

My gear, 2.0

I don't have any jewels yet (which is where I'll get my LGoH) which is why I'm using a life pot instead of Atziri's Promise.

Just fired up the build and am pretty happy with it. Lost about 700 ES (~8600 to ~7900). Resists are capped at 84/83/80. Would like to see cold res higher but oh well. Didn't realize Fortify doesn't trigger from the Lightning Strike projectiles (only an actual melee hit) so I am going to have to play around with that a bit to decide if it's good enough to keep in there or not - I won't be able to confirm that until I'm back home and at my gaming PC.

Attack speed feels fine even without any attack speed jewels - it's not as fast as in 1.3 with enhanced blood rage but it's good enough; pretty close to 5 APS. Factoring in Wrath, it looks like DPS is going to be very similar - ~20-25% more damage per hit and ~20-25% less attack speed.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 14, 2015, 8:25:57 AM
I'd like to discuss the Intuitive Leap gem now that I finally got my hands on one. Basically, my friend loaned me his intuitive leap gem for a short while so that I could mess around the tree. Basically, I can double confirm that in almost all scenarios, intuitive leap offers NO REAL BENEFIT to this build. The Intuitive Leap cannot reach the infused shield notable behind CI, nor can it reach Phase Acrobatics (not like we would be pathing to that keystone anyways). The notables that can be reached with intuitive leap are not useful in most scenarios.

Personally, a good unique jewel to look out for is Energy From Within, which grants (8 to 12)% increased maximum Energy Shield and makes it so that increases and reductions to Life in Radius (large Radius) are Transformed to apply to Energy Shield at 50% of their value. This Jewel has 1 very fitting location of investment near the Scion ES clusters. Basically, it allows us to maximize our ES gains via the Life & ES cluster (which has the Melding Notable Passive). With a perfectly rolled Energy From Withing, we can get a very efficient 32.5% increased max ES for 4 passives and 12% increased max ES from the jewel itself. Furthermore, most variations of the RainbowNuke (be it Scion or Witch) will probably path through this area, meaning that we do not have to go out of the way to put in these points.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Jul 14, 2015, 8:55:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info