[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
iSo1iD wrote:
I'd like to discuss the Intuitive Leap gem now that I finally got my hands on one. Basically, my friend loaned me his intuitive leap gem for a short while so that I could mess around the tree. Basically, I can double confirm that in almost all scenarios, intuitive leap offers NO REAL BENEFIT to this build. The Intuitive Leap cannot reach the infused shield notable behind CI, nor can it reach Phase Acrobatics (not like we would be pathing to that keystone anyways). The notables that can be reached with intuitive leap are not useful in most scenarios.

Personally, a good unique jewel to look out for is Energy From Within, which grants (8 to 12)% increased maximum Energy Shield and makes it so that increases and reductions to Life in Radius (large Radius) are Transformed to apply to Energy Shield at 50% of their value. This Jewel has 1 very fitting location of investment near the Scion ES clusters. Basically, it allows us to maximize our ES gains via the Life & ES cluster (which has the Melding Notable Passive). With a perfectly rolled Energy From Withing, we can get a very efficient 32.5% increased max ES for 4 passives and 12% increased max ES from the jewel itself. Furthermore, most variations of the RainbowNuke (be it Scion or Witch) will probably path through this area, meaning that we do not have to go out of the way to put in these points.

Good tip about Energy From Within - got my ES back to almost 1.3 levels (8500 instead of 8600).
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
After sinking 30 ex plus into various gear options, I have specced out a pretty effective Prism Guardian + Vaal Pact Variation, which does not use the blood magic keystone. (Take note that im comparing all may data against my level 90 basic Setup with a GG spell shield)

Here's a link to my gear set-up and passive tree:

Gear:

Spoiler

Passive Tree:

The Unique Jewels I make use of are: Energy From Within for more tankiness and Conqueror's Efficiency for more aura reservation (to hit that 40% reservation sweet spot).

My Stats: 7000+ ES, 1600k Life (99% reserved), 656 mana (59 mana unreserved), 36.8 mana regen per second. 83% Fire Resist, 83% Cold Resist, 84% Lightning Resist.

My Auras: PoF, PoL, PoI, Wrath, Haste, Discipline, HoT, HoI/Arctic Armour and Clarity (for skill sustain)

My Testing Results:

Overall, my damage output was roughly the same (when I had HoI active) as compared to when I was using my GG spell shield. If I require additional face tank potential, I would swap my HoI for Arctic Armour, which when combined with fortify, gives me an effective 30.4% physical damage resistance, 87.2% lightning resistance, 86.4% cold resist and 88.17% fire resist. When using Arctic Armour, i lose about 10% dps, but i gain much more "survivabilty" against bosses.

However, that great payoff of instant leech through vaal pact, was actually not that big of an upside. With the 80% nerf to leech %, vaal pact is now only half as strong as it once was. Furthermore, the new non vaal-pact leech mechanics supports hitting as many times as possible to gain maximum leech recovery. As the Rainbownuke unleashes rapid volleys of moderate damage, it greatly complements the new leech mechanics. At the end of the day, the instant leech I got from vaal pact was not that much greater than the recovery I got from non-vaal pact leech. If anything, I feel much weaker now, as I have 1000 less ES, making me more vulnerable to getting one shot. Also, as leech is instant, I do not enjoy prolonged periods of leech recovery after I stop attacking, meaning that degen becomes more dangerous.

In the end, i began to struggle more at level 80+ maps, I came close to death more often using this prism guardian setup than my normal setup. However, this variation still works, its just not as effective as I panned it out to be. I will test this for a few more days before speccing to a new variation. Let me know what you think?
Last edited by iSo1iD on Jul 14, 2015, 11:34:06 AM
For you guys using blood magic, invest in a clear mind unique jewel. Free 40-60% spell damage, along with pain attunement should make for some neat damage :P.

I don't know if it will get nerfed however, it seems that blood magic builds are the only ones benefiting from it, but most builds have at least 1 really good unique which trumps other rares. Hopefully they won't nerf it to the ground making it 100% useless to everyone.
#1 spirit shield - #1 ES/all res diamond ring - 6T1 ES/WED/tri-res rustic sash mirror service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989804

twitch.tv/steezbattalion
IGN ddddddddddddddddddddime
hey guys any help with gems here as my restis are not so good i know i need to run purity of light fire ice. is the lighting strike needed or am i better off with molten strike as its better for bosses also is there a way to turn all the lighting to ice so when we hit stuff it freezes what doesn't die so we can kill it faster like ice crash glasher caskade gem build.my skill tree looks like this https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAecNfA48EQ8RUBRxFVAXLxmKGjgajxslHRQdTx2qH8cksCW8JwsnqSymLR8tiy9vNAo1uTboN2Y6UjsNRnFJUUuuTLNV1lnzXIpfal-wYVJk52aebRlvnnC7cg9yqXvXfNl-WX_GgKSDCYO2hmCG0YcpjHaPRo_6kFWQ1pMnlSCboZu1n8uio6cIpyunMKyYrKq0DLcxvorBxcHzwzrKSsrT0B_Q0NkT2Vva3dtP34rfv-DD4YjpAuoY6rrsGO9O7-vw1fba9zL31_jr-tL7Cf5J?accountName=nitro1914&characterName=newICEPHYNIX

Last edited by nitro1914 on Jul 15, 2015, 12:02:40 AM
Typically you will just swap in Molten Strike for Lightning Strike when you are ready to kill a boss - unless you have a 5-off/6-off shavs or dedicate a separate 4L to each.

Anyways here's my latest passive tree

In process of getting one final jewel in place for now. I have a hard time believing Clear Mind is supposed to work with Blood Magic so I'm not bothering with it for now, assuming it will be fixed in the future. Just more Crimson Jewels for me.

Build feels very good for the most part - I can handle old 77/78 maps just fine with difficult mobs. I'm still playing on my laptop which is integrated graphics and chugs down to about 2-5fps when playing so I'm not going to attempt anything too difficult just yet, but my "first impressions" of this build in 2.0 coming from 1.3 are that it is perhaps even more powerful than before, but slower and a bit more tactical. Playstyle is going to be very different in some ways since there's no degen now and you can just avoid damage for 3 seconds to get ES recharge.

Also - can anyone help me understand the mechanics of Fortify when linked with Lightning Strike? I cannot figure it out. Sometimes, it seems like it will apply fortify only on a direct melee hit with the hammer. However, sometimes it seems to apply it from a lightning strike projectile, and sometimes it seems to fail to apply when hitting something directly with the hammer. I'm wondering if it's somehow bugged, but I cannot tell. Can anyone confirm the mechanics here?
what about the ice part of the questio'''is there a way to turn all the lighting to ice so when we hit stuff it freezes what doesn't die so we can kill it faster like ice crash glasher caskade gem build.

Last edited by nitro1914 on Jul 15, 2015, 1:07:46 AM
I'm sure you could make a mjolner variant that uses three dragons, but it's likely to need a pretty heavily modified passive tree to be able to get the benefit of freezing compared to this build
"
tackle70 wrote:
Typically you will just swap in Molten Strike for Lightning Strike when you are ready to kill a boss - unless you have a 5-off/6-off shavs or dedicate a separate 4L to each.

Anyways here's my latest passive tree

In process of getting one final jewel in place for now. I have a hard time believing Clear Mind is supposed to work with Blood Magic so I'm not bothering with it for now, assuming it will be fixed in the future. Just more Crimson Jewels for me.

Build feels very good for the most part - I can handle old 77/78 maps just fine with difficult mobs. I'm still playing on my laptop which is integrated graphics and chugs down to about 2-5fps when playing so I'm not going to attempt anything too difficult just yet, but my "first impressions" of this build in 2.0 coming from 1.3 are that it is perhaps even more powerful than before, but slower and a bit more tactical. Playstyle is going to be very different in some ways since there's no degen now and you can just avoid damage for 3 seconds to get ES recharge.

Also - can anyone help me understand the mechanics of Fortify when linked with Lightning Strike? I cannot figure it out. Sometimes, it seems like it will apply fortify only on a direct melee hit with the hammer. However, sometimes it seems to apply it from a lightning strike projectile, and sometimes it seems to fail to apply when hitting something directly with the hammer. I'm wondering if it's somehow bugged, but I cannot tell. Can anyone confirm the mechanics here?

Not sure whats so hard to believe, the BM keystone clearly says "Removes all mana" and not "Reserves all mana". Hence why your globe is 0/0 and not 100/100 or whatever amount of mana you would have. Seems your just a little paranoid and gimping yourself for no reason. I can see a nerf for sure but nothing needs to be fixed mechanics wise.

Not sure about the lightning strike proc either. I went naked into twilight strand with not much on other than mjolner and LS linked with fortify and nothing else. Turned everything and all auras off.
And i was able get procs from the projectiles, though it seemed inconsistent. I was thinking it may have to do with base weapon range for maces but still seemed to proc when it shouldnt with the projectiles. Need another nerd to come in here and clarify.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
I know we've been focusing a lot on the LL variants of this build, but I did want to try out the life variant on a character after getting this to drop:

Granted, it wasn't 6s/5L when it dropped, but I wanted to see if it was good enough to use to survive elemental reflect. Tried it on an old 74 Gorge map with the 18% Elemental Reflect and specced for a life variant of the build...nope. Died very, very quickly, though to be fair I didn't have the purity auras running at all. It might be possible with those, but even then I don't think it would be enough...flasks included. More people are certainly welcome to test it out, but from my initial trials it doesn't seem like this chest is a total replacement for Leech/Vaal Pact.
I'm not much of a theory crafter but i used to use rainbow nuke and do very well with it, is there anyway someone could make a build that would suit my gear because im not so rich these days. I tried tackles build and i dunno it feel's weaker.
Also i have a witch or scion as needed.

Last edited by dosh42 on Jul 15, 2015, 10:09:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info