[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
Mamoux wrote:
anyone have any tree up yet? doesn't have to optimal.

Its a bit to soon to give the most "concrete" build variation, given all the testing that has been going on. However, i can link you the variation I am testing.

My Passive Tree

My Gear & Gem Setup
Spoiler

Overall, this variation is a slightly more defensive variation of the build that uses the fortify support for consistent 20% damage mitigation. My resists are 84% Lightning, 83% Fire & 81% Cold. My ES pool is roughly 8000 and I have 140 HP (2000 when unreserved). When fortify is active, I effectively have 87.2% Lightning resist, 86.4% Fire resist & 84.8% Cold resist.

For the blue link on my 6-linked Shavs, I have tested numerous support gems to improve clear speed and I concluded that for Lightning Strike: Added Lightning/Chaos are your best options for some small clear speed bonuses, whilst for Molten Strike: Increased AoE is the best support, as it dramatically increases the chance for your prohjectiles to hit your target.

Life leech is currently a MANDATORY gem for most boss fights and general end game mapping. I am not using vaal pact right now, but my leech recovery is still sufficient enoughto face tank most end game content.

Dropping Shavs Rev has made me more vulnerable to degen like Corrupted Blood, which has become much more common in the new patch. A bleeding immunity flask is imperative to your build. However, the flexibility provided by using a rare unset ring, has indeed made passive tree planning much more lenient. The change of start of ES regen from 6 sec to 3 sec, means that your ES shld be able to fully recover when moving from packs of mobs to other packs of mobs.

Currently, I am running 3 Jewels: Conqueror's Efficiency and 2 attack speed crimson jewels. Without blood rage, my attack speed IS still lower than before, but it is still workable. I am sitting around a 5.1 attacks per second. Actual dps has no issue.

I will continue on with my testing and update my findings.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Jul 11, 2015, 2:01:09 PM
A lot of this is stuff I posted a couple pages back but in response to requests to post a suggested build tree / setup, here is what I'm planning on running:

My currently planned passive tree. Level 99, Scion

Would be basically identical for a Witch also.

My Planned Aura Setup (calculation)

Gem setup:
Mjolner --> Arc / Discharge / Life Leech

Shield --> CWDT / Increased Duration / Immortal Call

6L Chest --> Enlighten lvl 4 / Empower lvl 3 / Wrath / Haste / Purity of Fire lvl 21 / Purity of Lightning lvl 21

4L #1 (gloves) --> Lighning Strike or Molten Strike / Faster Attacks / GMP / Multistrike

4L #2 (helm) --> Enlighten lvl 3 / Discipline / Purity of Ice / Herald of Thunder

4L #3 (boots) --> Lightning Strike / Fortify / Curse on Hit / Warlord's Mark

Unset Ring --> Vaal Discipline

Jewels --> probably just a lot of crimson jewels with attack speed and LGoH but will have to see what's available when I get on. LGoH will be mandatory on jewels for my build as currently envisioned.

I won't be able to test this stuff until I'm back from vacation but I've got a fairly high degree of confidence that this is going to work.

My gear / flask setup... don't pay attention to gem links here, they'll change once I can log in for 2.0
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 11, 2015, 6:40:21 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
A lot of this is stuff I posted a couple pages back but in response to requests to post a suggested build tree / setup, here is what I'm planning on running:

My currently planned passive tree. Level 99, Scion

Would be basically identical for a Witch also.

My Planned Aura Setup (calculation)

Gem setup:
Mjolner --> Arc / Discharge / Life Leech

Shield --> CWDT / Increased Duration / Immortal Call

6L Chest --> Enlighten lvl 4 / Empower lvl 3 / Wrath / Haste / Purity of Fire lvl 21 / Purity of Lightning lvl 21

4L #1 (gloves) --> Lighning Strike or Molten Strike / Faster Attacks / GMP / Multistrike

4L #2 (helm) --> Enlighten lvl 3 / Discipline / Purity of Ice / Herald of Thunder

4L #3 (boots) --> Lightning Strike / Fortify / Curse on Hit / Warlord's Mark

Unset Ring --> Vaal Discipline

Jewels --> probably just a lot of crimson jewels with attack speed and LGoH but will have to see what's available when I get on. LGoH will be mandatory on jewels for my build as currently envisioned.

I won't be able to test this stuff until I'm back from vacation but I've got a fairly high degree of confidence that this is going to work.

My gear / flask setup... don't pay attention to gem links here, they'll change once I can log in for 2.0

Ye i also think it'll work great. At the moment i'm using only 1 enlighten lvl 3(failed corrupting dang) and one lvl 2. Running 8 auras I have only 164 life pool unreserved. I don't have any jewels yet and using only the lust for carnage wheel as lgoh source, sometimes i have to use the life flask vs small packs. With an elnighten lvl 4 and more lgoh there should be no problem at all.
I was wondering if i should sell my enhance lvl 4, since atm it seems to be useless for this build and an eternal to get a lvl 4 enlighten.
Last edited by manu91xd on Jul 11, 2015, 10:23:41 PM
Sorry I haven't been more responsive. Dad just got back from the hospital after a double bypass heart surgery so a lot of my time is going towards caring for him for the first week or two while he settles back into everything. That and I have my CCNA certification test to take on Monday, so I have been studying a lot for that. Once everything here settles down then I'll be able to check out the build in more detail and test it out for myself.
Tackle, just curious how do you get life regen with this build? Forgive my ignorance been away a long time.
"
dosh42 wrote:
Tackle, just curious how do you get life regen with this build? Forgive my ignorance been away a long time.

No regen - using Vaal Pact so that ele reflect maps are no problem. Uses Life Gain on Hit from jewels to sustain attacking.
Hopefully someone would be so kind to also post a passive tree for marauder, I am pretty much clueless and scared I might f@%#k this up.
Ok, so I have been messing around with the build and a couple things I'm noticing early.

Playing BM, right now I need +6 Life on Hit to sustain attacks and I'm thinking it will need to be +8 when I get my higher level enlighten's and add another aura. This kind of sucks b/c it's going to have to come from jewels which limits what you can do there.

Also my ES is much lower than it was previously, not sure where it went but it is def lower by 1.5k or so.

Also I lost a good amount of lightning resist somewhere so i'll have to figure out how to make that up as well. Previously I had it tweaked to be right at my exact max value, now about 20 lower than that.

Also, testing in lvl 72 maps right now and facerolling as usual.
Last edited by ChaseX13 on Jul 12, 2015, 1:14:34 PM
Loss of resists aan some ES is due to loss of increased buff effect nodes. Needing LGoH on jewels isn't a bbi deal since crimsons can roll attack speed which is really needed
"
TJEmvp wrote:
Hopefully someone would be so kind to also post a passive tree for marauder, I am pretty much clueless and scared I might f@%#k this up.

My tree would work OK for any class and be basically as strong. The way the passive tree is laid out now, every class will take 4-5 points to hit the main highways somewhere in my build tree. So for Marauder you would just take the southern path strength nodes until you link up to the tree by Unwavering Stance, and you would not take the nodes in the scion starting area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info