[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

on the topic of immortal call,

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Immortal+Call

Quality affects cast speed for new immortal call and it has a 3 second cooldown. I'll have to rework a few more things now.

New Vs Old:

Current IC lvl 4: [0.25 seconds + (0.54 * charges)] * (1 + Inc Duration)
0.25 w/ 0 charges
1.87 w/ 3 charges
0.5 w/ 100% inc duration, 0 charges
3.74 w/ 100% inc duration, 3 charges
Beta IC lvl 4: 0.4 seconds * (1 + Inc Duration + 1.09 * charges)
0.4 w/ 0 charges
1.708 w/ 3 charges
0.8 w/ 100% inc duration, 0 charges
2.108 w/ 100% inc duration, 3 charges

If my math is right you can achieve 3 seconds of duration with 6 charges. This will cost 5 passive points and will most likely not have 6 charges if procced of CWDT since we won't have 6 power charges with this method.

On the flip side, its a lot safer to self cast now with the added cast speed

Another option is to use a high level IC + CWDT setup or using grace + determination with a armour pot like Rumi's for my consistent physical reduction.

On the topic of attacks per second:

my current live stats are 118% atk speed with lvl 20 haste (28% attack speed) and blood rage up (this is with low life, aura, nodes, and inner force). I lose 80% attack speed when bloodrage is off. To combat this we can get 70% from jewels in the awakening and I know the gavel base attack speed is being adjusted. It is currently a 1.05 attacks per second. I know I have heard the change before but I don't recall the actual new number but that might bring us back to our 6.2 attacks per second. Does anybody know the new numbers?

EDIT: FOUND IT, gavel is moving from a 1.05 to a 1.15 attack per second base.

*haste should give around the same amount of attack speed, if I calculated it correctly*
ign: Bweeks
Last edited by Homeskillet173 on Jul 9, 2015, 12:18:46 AM
Well against my better judgment I decided I'd better lock in my XP for 2.0. Soooooooo after nolifing it up like pre-girlfriend Kripparian....

Spoiler

I have no idea how people get to 100 in a temp league and maintain their sanity... I played 16 hours today nonstop mapping difficult 78s just to get that last 25% XP to level up.

Spent about 10 exalts in Zana map mods so I could get sufficient map drops (read: carto boxes) to stay in 78s... and ran out almost all my 78s in the process.

I have no idea how anyone goes for 100 in a temp league and stays sane. I could see getting to 94-95. But damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it's slow after 97.

Anyways, I'm out for a couple weeks. Look forward to theorycrafting and testing once I'm back. At some point those of us actively maintaining this build should probably have a discussion about rather or not to make a new build guide, too... not much of tom's original advice is going to hold up anymore and it seems he's not going to be updating...
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 9, 2015, 3:36:57 AM
I agree, its a good idea to have a separate Guide page will definitely help showcase the more updated variations of the build, whilst also explaining the various changes, without have to sort through pages of discussion. However, first comes the testing...........which is going to be super tedious.
I discovered more mistakes I made in my original post about possible build variations for the start of the awakening. I am not going to update the original comment anymore, I may create a separate guide if there is enough popularity for it.

I made a mistake when thinking about the possible stats a jewel can have, for some reason I didn't think about the jewel colors. After looking a bit more carefully about what the ideal jewels might look like this is what I have found.

***Note: the follow stats for are for a build that is low life, blood magic, vaal pact, resolute technique, unwavering stance, and deals no cold damage.***

Red:

Spoiler

Prefixes:
1. +(6-8)% increased Attack Speed with Maces
2. +(14-16)% increased Fire Damage

Suffixes:
1. +(12-16) to Strength
2. +(8-10) Dexterity and +(8-10) Intelligence
3. +(2 to 3) Life gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks

Green:

Spoiler

No useful prefixes or suffixes

Blue:

Spoiler

Prefixes:
1. +(14 to 16)% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield
2. +(14 to 16)% increased Lightning Damage
3. +(4 to 6)% increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
4. +(6 to 8)% increased maximum Energy Shield

Suffixes:
1. +(10 to 12)% increased Spell Damage
2. +(12 to 16) to Intelligence
3. +(8 to 10) to Strength and Dexterity
4. +(2 to 3) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks
5. +(2 to 3)% chance to Shock and (12 to 16)% increased Shock Duration on Enemies

ign: Bweeks
Last edited by Homeskillet173 on Jul 9, 2015, 3:08:32 PM
Now that the awakening has launched, the testing begins.

I have just tested out the basic Mjolner build. For survival in ACT 4 Merciless, the Life Leech Gem will be the most valuable too you have. With it, you can face tank any mob and boss, including Malacai. I just killed him a few times without any deaths or trouble what so ever.

Im now working up the map ladder to test against end game map bosses. So far, the RainbowNuke is still extremely viable.
"
iSo1iD wrote:
I have just tested out the basic Mjolner build.

Could you post the skill tree please? I haven't committed the respec yet so that I don't waste a bunch of regrets but I'm playing around with what's pretty much the same as the 1.2 build. However, I'm finding it hard to get enough STR for Mjolner with the new Vaal Pact location (doing the low life version) without jewels. I'm guessing a couple of jewels will have to have +STR on them, right?

Also, what's up with the auras now? Is Enlighten absolutely needed?
"
exit_zero wrote:
"
iSo1iD wrote:
I have just tested out the basic Mjolner build.

Could you post the skill tree please? I haven't committed the respec yet so that I don't waste a bunch of regrets but I'm playing around with what's pretty much the same as the 1.2 build. However, I'm finding it hard to get enough STR for Mjolner with the new Vaal Pact location (doing the low life version) without jewels. I'm guessing a couple of jewels will have to have +STR on them, right?

Also, what's up with the auras now? Is Enlighten absolutely needed?

Blood Magic / Mortal Conviction is going to be absolutely needed for auras, you can probably make things work without Enlighten if you have enough -mana reservation nodes, though.

Strength on gear or jewels is also going to be needed (remember you can always use Meginord's Vise if you have trouble getting enough strength elsewhere).

Also FYI I am in process of starting to write a new build guide up... will probably take at least a month before I've got anything ready to make into a new thread, but I think it's getting close to time to let this thread die out and make a new 2.0 Rainbownuke thread with helpful info in the OP.

Once I have something written up in a couple weeks (after I can test stuff), I'll PM a couple of you regulars here (iSolid, Tanakeah) so you can look it over and offer advice/corrections/additions. Then once we've got something we're settled on, I'll PM Tom about it and see if he'd be willing to just accept it as an edit to the OP on this thread. If not, or if I get no response from him, then we'll just do a new thread.

If anyone else wants to have some input into a build guide just shoot me a PM sometime in the next couple weeks to that effect. Also, I don't know how to do some of the pretty formatting stuff that is in the OP (colored text // graphics) so if anyone know how to do that or is willing to take a text post from me and make it into something pretty that can be posted, let me know.

Build guide outline is currently going to be something like this:
-Build intro, pros/cons
-Core build requirements (gear/tree minimums to make the build function)
-Recommended passive tree setup @ level 75, 90, 100
-Gear recommendations (budget / high end // discussion of stat priorities on gear as you look for more expensive stuff)
-Gem setup suggestions
-Presentation & discussion of various alternative tree/gear setups for the build (e.g. Vaal Pact or no, auras in 6L or no, Prism Guardian or no, etc etc...)
-Build videos/demonstrations (if anyone wants to contribute here, let me know)
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 11, 2015, 8:55:45 AM
HI new skill tree for the awakeing i have a level 85 witch needed to place skill on and not waist a lot of ex on respeing with regrets.

Solaris Lorica i could get. the shaves ring i do not have is it a must but i do have a 5L lighting coil, will that do, if not i have this nice es armor ES 718 tri rest 44 fire 27 cold 32 lighting 6L armor.i just need one guy to be able to uber azari so i can farm my self and get better currecy instead of just relying on 6L stuff to get currency.
anyone have any tree up yet? doesn't have to optimal.
"
Mamoux wrote:
anyone have any tree up yet? doesn't have to optimal.

Atm i'm playing this way.
I just picked up the reward jewel that reduce mana reserved and i can run 8 auras iwth 2 enlighten.
Auras are 3 purities, discipline, haste, wrath, HoT and artic armour.
I didnt have the time to play enought to drop/buy/try other jewels yet.

The tree is:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAAecNfA48EQ8RUBRxFVAXLxmKGjgajxslHRQdTx2qH8cksCW8JwsnqSo4LR8tiy9vNAo1uTboOlI7DUZxSVFLrkyzVdZZ81xrXIpeE19qX7BhUmTnZp5tGW6Xb55wu3IPcql713zZfll-r3_GgKSDCYO2hEiGYIbRjHaNGY9Gj_qQVZMnlSCboZu1ns2io6cIpyunMKyYrKq0DLcxvorBxcHzwzrDbcpKytPQH9DQ2RPZW9lf20_djN-K37_gEuDD4YjpAuoY6rrsGO9O7-vw1fKc9tr3Mve-99f46_rS-wn-SQ==?accountName=manu91xd&characterName=Blaster_Nagil

"
HI new skill tree for the awakeing i have a level 85 witch needed to place skill on and not waist a lot of ex on respeing with regrets.

Solaris Lorica i could get. the shaves ring i do not have is it a must but i do have a 5L lighting coil, will that do, if not i have this nice es armor ES 718 tri rest 44 fire 27 cold 32 lighting 6L armor.i just need one guy to be able to uber azari so i can farm my self and get better currecy instead of just relying on 6L stuff to get currency.

At the moment without jewels probably you'll need meginord's vise to run mjolner.
Anyway to run a low life buld shav or lorica are a must. You can't run low life without one of them.
Last edited by manu91xd on Jul 11, 2015, 1:25:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info