ES too OP? world first 30k ES!

How would spellcasting CI builds get ES, then?

Es Recovery

But this is also assuming a bigger ES pool.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on May 9, 2014, 8:59:06 AM
Are you suggesting making ES an entirely separate form of life pool? With it's own independant recovery mechanics and play-style like it used to was?

LUNACY!

One does not simply hand out a coockie and then ask's it back!

Spoiler
Ya agreed btw, ES = life and its stupid. Should have made soul reaver a unique attribute or something. At least this would mean a sacrifice to utilize it.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
jebroni wrote:
That's right ggg, keep nerfing hp. Don't mind the 15k es guy just facetanking the hardest boss in the game. That must be balanced!

This is the kind of post that leads to no one taking you seriously Jebroni. Sorry man.

Thank god you don't have anything to do with decisions being made. And whats wrong with hp builds lol. They're fine and work differently to ES.

@ OP... you're my hero!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Boem wrote:
Are you suggesting making ES an entirely separate form of life pool? With it's own independant recovery mechanics and play-style like it used to was?

LUNACY!

One does not simply hand out a coockie and then ask's it back!

Spoiler
Ya agreed btw, ES = life and its stupid. Should have made soul reaver a unique attribute or something. At least this would mean a sacrifice to utilize it.

I was looking through my first posts when I joined in CB and I found this thread I made right before the shadow class release.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/31003

I'm sorry everyone. I'm so so sorry.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on May 9, 2014, 10:58:03 AM
Do some research before whining.Life builds are still the best tanks and will be.What does 16-17K means without other forms of defense.Sure you are somewhat tanky,but nothing compared to what life/block builds can achieve.Yeah he face tanked atziri and almost died.This guy with life/block was AKF on atziri.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re0OuXF8GxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9KVhuzSTg

It's hillarius,especially the second video,she just cannot kill him.CI and life have their advantages and disadvantages.I beleive for the first time since open beta they are infact balanced(not the vaal pact ES users,these were fuked extremelly hard).

As for low life,well as long as there is pain atonment and the fact that you can cast more auras(especially with snapshoting),this play style will be abused,be it attackers or caster,the current flavour of the month.The thing about it now is of course spectral throw and to some extent wanders.Weapon nods are strong,rightfully cause you are supposed to take damage while using them.When it allows you to go ranged,IMO it is an insult to bow users to be able to do 10x the DPS,while also having much higher defenses through shield,and better mobility(whirling blades)-Of course i am comparing builds with similar investment in currency eg.Mirrored bow vs mirrored dagger or shield.

It does not even have to be low life,a CI spectral throw build can easily reach DPS numbers higher than bow users,all with double effective ES pool than the bow user.

Melee weapons and passives ARE AND SHOULD BE STRONG,but they should be just that MELEE.For me there is no fixing with spectral throw.It is either
1)nerf all crit to the ground and fuck melee critters as well
2)Nerfing spectral throw to the ground all together and fuck non crit players who do very reasonable damage-even with mirrored weapons etc.. or
3)buffing abit spectral throw's base damage,and making it unable to crit(that would be the best for me).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on May 9, 2014, 1:09:23 PM
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
That's right ggg, keep nerfing hp. Don't mind the 15k es guy just facetanking the hardest boss in the game. That must be balanced!

This is the kind of post that leads to no one taking you seriously Jebroni. Sorry man.

Thank god you don't have anything to do with decisions being made. And whats wrong with hp builds lol. They're fine and work differently to ES.

@ OP... you're my hero!

Weren't you the random who tried to lecture me about 20% gems that you had false assumptions of? I thought so.

And if you seriously think HP is in a fine state relative to es, you need to start understanding how this game works at endgame before you go around lecturing people.
Last edited by jebroni on May 9, 2014, 1:20:21 PM
I think ES is about where it should be, what's putting me off currently are:

- Blood Rage's low life bonus
- Crit ST daggering

While I can see the drawbacks in Blood Rage, dagger-based Spectral Throw builds are just broken atm.

Basically when you throw daggers you get all the benefits from being ranged, whilst getting even more dps and basically none of the usual drawbacks from crit builds.

Tl;dr:

- Life is fine
- ES is fine
- Daggers are broken, fix either ST or daggers, most of the other "classic" ranged builds "suck" compared to ST.
"

- Daggers are broken, fix either ST or daggers, most of the other "classic" ranged builds "suck" compared to ST.

while i agree alot with your post,and i adressed pretty much the same things,daggers do not need fixing,spectral throw need.Right now,melee crit dagger users,that don't have atziri's acuity,are in a much worse position than claw users.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
How would spellcasting CI builds get ES, then?

Es Recovery

But this is also assuming a bigger ES pool.

All ES can do that, if they avoid damage for at least 6 seconds to begin recovering it, and then one second per 33% of their missing ES.

Also, if you think that relying on ES recovery is good, then you obviously haven't played most ES builds.

Spoiler
No, Vaal Discipline can't be relied on for ES recovery.
Natharias, we played CI witches back before Ghost Reaver was introduced. Often without Eye of Chayula. Relying on ES recovery was plenty fine; we relied on constant freezing and massive damage to cover our defenses. It also required you to not walk headfirst into danger as you always risked being stunlocked. Many enemies added in Act 3, however, do prey upon the flaws of CI builds, and that's another problem.

Regardless, he answered your question. We got by on the recovery by playing smarter and by compensating our defenses with offense and CC. Apparently this was too strong, so they nerfed CI and ES, making the threshold for switching to CI higher. Nerfs and changes to ES passives have lowered the offensive part of the build (no more dual wielding or 90% offensive nodes) while requiring a higher tier of gear as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info