ES too OP? world first 30k ES!

"
jebroni wrote:

hp/es >>> any other defense. Better regen rate, better leech rate, next to immune to burst. 9k armor + 30% block is too much already for 21k es. And the small life pool block build you're talking about dies to groups of slow hitting mobs. That does not happen to es when its at 21k.

And the 2 videos above is probably a rf build, which just so happens to be a good resistance against atziri. Those kind of builds struggle even more on the earlier bosses.

No,it is not a RF build,it is an aegis aurora build,and he is the best tank in PoE.
Here it is a link for his build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590.

He has videos tanking the hardest bosses in the game,double with -res,many of them world first,and going AFK to many of them,including palace Dominus.Sure he is gear is godly,but 75% of that can be achieved with MUCH less currency investment than a good ES build.Life builds tank better,accept it.

And by that i do not imply that life builds are definetely better than CI ones,they are different,and both have advantages and disadvantages.Life generally has more advantages with equal currency investment and makes better tanks,simple as that.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on May 18, 2014, 7:44:25 AM
Yes GGG is broken the game.
Last time I gave a shit, I got fucked
"
Poutsos wrote:

He has videos tanking the hardest bosses in the game,double with -res,many of them world first,and going AFK to many of them,including palace Dominus.Sure he is gear is godly,but 75% of that can be achieved with MUCH less currency investment than a good ES build.Life builds tank better,accept it.

And by that i do not imply that life builds are definetely better than CI ones,they are different,and both have advantages and disadvantages.Life generally has more advantages with equal currency investment and makes better tanks,simple as that.

Exactly what I think.

Es can display big numbers indeed, but with real drawbacks and way more currency invested.

In the current meta Life builds - block/spell block - tank better than any Es build, that's it. Anyway, the best defense is generally a good offense : beeing super tanky is fine if you play in groups; but if you like to solo you need both dps & defense. Sometimes higher dps is superior to higher defense.

From my experience I can tell that killing mobs offscreen >>>> 30k or even 300k es :D
As a general rule killing mobs before they can attack you is your best defense. So talking about big numbers in life or es is really pointless; this game is all about the right balance between different stats.

=.= Pls ignore my old threads (more than 1 month ago) =.=
Last edited by Oracle87 on May 18, 2014, 11:02:56 AM
But may be these people do have good offense even if they have invested alot of currency. 30k ES is insane enough to invest that currency.
Last time I gave a shit, I got fucked
"
Kiluvaras wrote:
This whole thread is so full off butthurt lol. The only "expensive" item in his gear is his chest lmao. You can get a similar circlet for like 15 ex and gloves and boots the same price range.
What's even funnier is the mad guy on page 3? saying he 1 hits every boss and is unkillable lol. Since when does 40k dps 1 hit bosses? Besides what's so impressive about 17k es. Last time I checked there was also a guy with 14k hp but I didn't see such butthurt people over there.
Idk what's the whole deal with ppl being so jealous that they constantly beg GGG for to nerf something every time some player is doing better than them. Thanks to you morons GGG has already ruined a ton of builds and items. Your whining for uniques being nerfed was what made the legacy deal blow up in our faces and screw up the economy. Every bad thing that has happened in this game is thanks to the moaning jelly people.

Dude 15 ex for each of those items. That is super expensive for normal players.
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:

hp/es >>> any other defense. Better regen rate, better leech rate, next to immune to burst. 9k armor + 30% block is too much already for 21k es. And the small life pool block build you're talking about dies to groups of slow hitting mobs. That does not happen to es when its at 21k.

And the 2 videos above is probably a rf build, which just so happens to be a good resistance against atziri. Those kind of builds struggle even more on the earlier bosses.

No,it is not a RF build,it is an aegis aurora build,and he is the best tank in PoE.
Here it is a link for his build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590.

l0l

legacy koams
legacy aegis

I've seen this build before. You do realize es can achieve everything right now without any legacy dependency right? His tankiness is shot down by huge notches if it weren't for gear that no longer even drops. Bad measurement. Also.. don't even think taht dps can even take on uber atziri. A vast majority of uber atziri killers use es albeit its low life but still. Maybe more came after him, but the only life build that downed atziri.. died. This isn't even about ci, it's about es and why life can't keep up with it.
Last edited by jebroni on May 18, 2014, 2:15:54 PM
"
jebroni wrote:

l0l

legacy koams
legacy aegis

I've seen this build before. You do realize es can achieve everything right now without any legacy dependency right? His tankiness is shot down by huge notches if it weren't for gear that no longer even drops. Bad measurement. Also.. don't even think taht dps can even take on uber atziri. A vast majority of uber atziri killers use es albeit its low life but still. Maybe more came after him, but the only life build that downed atziri.. died. This isn't even about ci, it's about es and why life can't keep up with it.

You are comparing 2 different things.The power of low life builds,have absolutely NOTHING to do with ES,as a form of defense,or tankiness.They are not tanky builds,thats why 90% of all effective low life builds through PoE's history have been RANGED and not melee.The power of these builds,used to come from the combination of pain atonment and RF,for absurd spell damage buff,and were essentially glass cannons,though very effective due to the ranged aspect.THen RD was nerfed and made to a large extent unsastainable for spell casters+casters were nerfed even further.

After that,on release,followed a H U G E buff on auras.The current power of low life builds,comes from the combination of crown of eyes+pain attonment+blood rage budds and more immportantly the overstacking of auras,leading to absurd DPS+defenses to not be complete glass cannons(again from auras).Still a ranged attack is needed.The topic was about tankiness,and i do not think that any low life melee build can tank atziri-let alone Uber.Not to mention that on standard all the impressive low life builds do use legacy gear,including the key one-legacy shavrones.The guy on this thread also uses legacy gear,the shavrone ring,which alone costs as much a legacy aegis aurora.

After saying all these,i do have to point out AGAIN that the power of low life builds have nothing to do with energy shield being powerful.Sure life builds cannot follow godly made low life builds,but either ES/CI builds can.

And as a final note,atziri fight was desgined this way that it is easier to deal with-no matter your other defenses- very high fire resist,and the fact that you can hit from distance.Had this fight been designed around physical damage,and mechanics that do not favour ranged all that much,you d see far more life based armour/max block builds dealing with it
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
The reason why low life builds are so powerful is BECAUSE es is viable enough. If es was worse than it is now, low life builds would be easily turned away for a lot more different options. And the pyramid is where this difference is made. Between 10k life and 10 es, it doesn't really matter on maps, at that point you're just unkillable anyway (I mean at 8k es nothing was really much of a challenge on any map). edit: maybe I lost my way on this page but what I'm saying is that es offers the perfect balance between power and defense, while life is either or.

As it is now, the only reason why anyone would not go low life is for the novelty of trying out something different or money problems. It is just the optimal build right now, and anything else may or may not be doable but it will definitely be harder on yourself.

And I don't think the fire based aspect of atziri was just a coincidence. It would be a nightmare to balance the endgame fight around physical damage. Fire works because anyone can stack fire resist. Imo atziri's pyramid could use some balancing, but a few number tweaks is all it needs if anything. That can't be said the same for physical damage if it were designed as such.
Last edited by jebroni on May 18, 2014, 11:39:59 PM
If ES was worse,CI builds would be crap.ES is fine,auras propably are not.Maybe spectral throw is not,or maybe Crown of Eyes with pain atonment is not.Are you really serious about that?Killing half the player base that actually uses ES endgame,for the 0.1% that plays lowlife?
"
Poutsos wrote:
If ES was worse,CI builds would be crap.ES is fine,auras propably are not.Maybe spectral throw is not,or maybe Crown of Eyes with pain atonment is not.Are you really serious about that?Killing half the player base that actually uses ES endgame,for the 0.1% that plays lowlife?

Not saying es needs a nerf, I put in an edit on that builds focusing over es offers the perfect balance between offense/defense. Life needs a buff. GGG shouldn't have nerfed life.

edit: and I hope coe, st, etc don't get nerfed. Imo that is the wrong direction, because then there would be even less viable builds, and it's already pretty selective as it is now.
Last edited by jebroni on May 18, 2014, 11:56:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info