ES too OP? world first 30k ES!

Facetank Queen Atziri on purpose, when i had crappier gear and only had mere 14k es
I dodged none of her skills and still survived
http://youtu.be/rKgsoG9XNR0

now i have 17k without vaal dicipline and
21k with aura passives.

from leech, shav's ring and zealot's oath, i can regenerate 6k es per second.

my build thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/897741/
(Would also like to submit for build of the week if possible)

Is ES too OP and HP too weak?
I would think so.
Last edited by dimenrush on May 5, 2014, 6:38:33 PM
That's right ggg, keep nerfing hp. Don't mind the 15k es guy just facetanking the hardest boss in the game. That must be balanced!

Spoiler
good work tho on the kill
Having that kind of gear and grabbing so much ES nodes will ofc produce so much ES.
Doesn't mean normal CI builds will ever come close, or that everyone can afford such gear.

Not to mention that the legacy ring alone regenerates 4% es. And this ring is even harder to get.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 5, 2014, 6:45:47 PM
lol at the term OP, it stops being OP when you have one of the best ci gear sets in the game

OP means something easy to do by everyone, up until now youre the only one who reached 30k es, its not even close to OP, if its really good and needs insane gear it stops being overpowered, its just good and should be, after getting that kind of gear and investing so much time in getting it you kind of expect your char to be better than most. And if its not, whats the point

ES was overpowered when you could get 10k es with about 15 nodes specced into increased energy shield, which is why it got nerfed when closed beta ended

Seriously back then i was doing 200k dps tooltip and 10k es as dual wield(no shield), for harder maps or when i was tired just swapped malis for es gloves and had 14k ES without a shield, with a minimal amount of points invested in ES, THAT was OP.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 5, 2014, 7:10:30 PM
daang, thats a lot of ES - good stuff
overpowered is not absolute but relative.

If investing similar amounts of ressources into a different path results in way lesser outcome, then it should be safe to say either the one is op or the other one is up.

Both 17k ES and 6K regen per second seems way overpowered but especially the regen.

Compare it to full 10 piece mirrored 2 hand life charackter or even with legacy kaoms (which was nerfed for good reason). The 2h guy would probably spend more on gear but have not even half the effect.

The thing is, that you don't even need to have BIS everwhere. Even if you end up with 20-25k ES instead of 30 and 4-5k regen instead of 6k, with lesser gear and only 5L, this would be quite cheap and probably really overpowered, when comparing what you have spent to what effects you get from it.

The whole low life/es and es thing in general seems way superior to all life builds. Should concern the devs in terms of viable endgame build diversity.

When you play endgame maps nowadays, you see 80% of ppl only using low-life + x builds. ES has way higher potential than any life builds could ever have, no matter how much you spend on your life gear and how good it is. There are just no such options as running 9+ auras and all the other things that is only for ES.

In this regard, it is even too weak to talk about op/up. The game is just completely broken.
Last edited by LSN on May 5, 2014, 9:26:13 PM
Go watch the videos and read the guide before commenting.

The DPS is subpar and Atziri nearly blows him to pieces despite the high energy shield. The guy is also using mostly BiS stuff.

Just because you can raise one stat through the roof doesn't necessarily mean anything is broken.
41k double strike, 9k armour. Doesn't look bad for 17k ES.

Anyway what I said refers more to low life builds than to this build. In general ES just offers way more options and tools than life does what is proven with this 6k regen per second again. Most life chars without kaoms dream of having 6K life in total, which does help absolutely nothing when you can hardly run 2 60% auras.

But it is a nice build, I like it. I just try to contribute to the topic ES vs life. Anyone who would root for life must be a fool, it is common knowledge that ES is way superior in the most aspects and more and more are getting added with crown of eyes and all that stuff.

Last edited by LSN on May 5, 2014, 9:36:50 PM
Now we wait for Ghost Reaver and Zealot's Oath to go away so CI might actually have its own playstyle again. Facetanking was never the strong point of the node, yet they added in two parts that made it a second life pool instead... And of course this introduced balance issues and led to it being nerfed. Then nerfed some more. And again for kicks.

As for 31k ES, of course it's strong. You basically have to RMT to get that gear and you give up a whole lot of potential damage for it. 17k constant ES is actually less than used to be possible at that. I would agree that having a leech cap of 3k+ is pretty stupid without vaal pact and that regenerating over 1000 ES a second is dumb... But again, you're talking about a certain gear level that involves legacy items.

I still advocate returning ES to a unique form of defense. Until then, I'm gonna hafta to avoid making a CI character because if I wanted to leech my life back, I'd just make a life build. If I want to make a character that relies on damage and careful play to survive, I'll build a CI - oh right, they removed that option. I'll go back in time then.
The whole thing about gear is pointless. Go buy the most expensive life gear and you will spend at least the same amount. You wont have such options, not even close. This is the definition of balance.

And again I am mostly not refering to this build, but more so to all the low life stuff in the game, which can only be considered being broken when it enables you to run 9+ auras and all the other cheesy purely abusive stuff.
Last edited by LSN on May 5, 2014, 9:44:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info