Our First Two Week Charity Race Event

"
Terre_cloned wrote:
Mission accomplished, reached lvl40. Tomorrow I leave for work (no internet for 10days)
When I come back the league is finished...
So I gave away all my currency and gear to a random person. I hope he enjoys it.
And maybe my generousity will help me in winning a prize ;)
Grtz & gl to y'all!

lol, you know you could have saved your currency for Invasion, Hardcore, or Standard?
"
EnafAequi wrote:

lol, you know you could have saved your currency for Invasion, Hardcore, or Standard?

Yeah I know, but I don't play those leagues (anymore) :)
"
MennoNisute wrote:
Are you still eligible to win prizes when your character dies? It only really says "We'll pick winners randomly from the people who reach the following levels or higher" Me and my friends are a bit confused over this.

You should have definitely read further, mate ;)

"While it is a hardcore event, which means that your character is eliminated when it dies, we've made sure that dead characters will still receive prizes. There's nothing stopping you from pushing for the highest prize tiers and giving it another shot if you want to try to beat your previous character."
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee
"
Helbelinc wrote:
"
MennoNisute wrote:
Are you still eligible to win prizes when your character dies? It only really says "We'll pick winners randomly from the people who reach the following levels or higher" Me and my friends are a bit confused over this.

You should have definitely read further, mate ;)

"While it is a hardcore event, which means that your character is eliminated when it dies, we've made sure that dead characters will still receive prizes. There's nothing stopping you from pushing for the highest prize tiers and giving it another shot if you want to try to beat your previous character."

It's confusing, tbh. It also says:
"
The single highest level character in this league on your account will be considered.

If i am not mistaken, when a character dies, they are no longer in the league.

I can't be the only one hoping for a clarification on this.

Thanks in advance! :)
Last edited by xSTGx on May 12, 2014, 7:39:43 PM
+1 on more detailed elimination explanation request. I know that chance to win something is very slim, but having that chance is a nice feeling indeed, in addition to such a strong league (trust me, when you get a strongbox which spawns Rogue + unique Invader finds you at the same time + it raises dead around, you'll need a whole lot of toilet paper scrolls afterwards -- if you live, that is).

For example.
My first char died at lvl32. It is now in Standard league.
My second char is now lvl42. It is alive.

If my second char dies, which one will be considered?

Let's assume my second char has died, and I created a third one, it reaches only lvl 2 before league ends, and survives. Which char will be considered in this case?
I think it's fairly straight forward with regards to dead/alive being eligible for prizes.

The character you managed to play to the highest level in the league will be entered into the prize draw at that level.

If your highest level character in the league is dead it's gone. It will not be moved to a different league because this is a hardcore event. But it's still eligible for the prize draw.

If your highest level character in the league is still alive it is eligible for the prize draw and it will be moved to Invasion league.

The above I consider as fact.

My guess, however, is that dead/alive characters will only be eligible for prizes if you don't delete them from your account before the end of the event! This is the case for all race events, so I think it should be true for this one as well.

=================================

Love the race so far. I've been playing standard so far and I'm finding this a lot more exciting!

Is there a live league ladder we can follow. I wanted to find out if anyone has reached level 100 yet. Considering people were pushing 80 last night it might just be possible.
"
eluec5 wrote:
I think it's fairly straight forward with regards to dead/alive being eligible for prizes.

The character you managed to play to the highest level in the league will be entered into the prize draw at that level.

If your highest level character in the league is dead it's gone. It will not be moved to a different league because this is a hardcore event. But it's still eligible for the prize draw.

If your highest level character in the league is still alive it is eligible for the prize draw and it will be moved to Invasion league.

My guess, however, is that dead/alive characters will only be eligible for prizes if you don't delete them from your account before the end of the event! This is the case for all race events, so I think it should be true for this one as well.

Love the race so far. I've been playing standard so far and I'm finding this a lot more exciting!

Is there a live league ladder we can follow. I wanted to find out if anyone has reached level 100 yet. Considering people were pushing 80 last night it might just be possible.

Everything you said was super confusing and not clarifying a bit.
"
Maxwells wrote:
"
eluec5 wrote:

Everything you said was super confusing and not clarifying a bit.

All this discussing makes me uncertain, too :D

Any GGG staff here who can clarify that? :3
IGN: ArrowInYourForsakenKnee
Hello everyone. What is a good survivor build for this type of race? I'm getting my butt handed to me. Also if I get my character to 40, I won't be eligible for the prizes in the lower level brackets? So would I have to get different characters to certain levels for the drawing?
"
paperkut76 wrote:
Hello everyone. What is a good survivor build for this type of race? I'm getting my butt handed to me. Also if I get my character to 40, I won't be eligible for the prizes in the lower level brackets? So would I have to get different characters to certain levels for the drawing?

I re-read the page for the info and I got my answers. Sorry about that guys. Good luck to everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info