1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

Yeah Guy, this Build is awesom and funny.
Thnaks for sharing it!
So, I've been working on this damage per second calculator. It's not 100% yet, but I've noticed that the tool tip dps only accounts for the initial hit. It doesn't seem to include the molten balls.

As for where I'm at with the calculator, the calculations seem to only be accurate with one weapon. I'm testing multiple set ups to get it right. And as soon as I start adding in the support gems, it starts going wonky. I've looked at it several times and I don't see where my formula is going wrong. If I don't figure it out soon, I might post it up and see if any one can help find my mistakes. Currently it's just an Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to make it an application or web application. That way the user only sees what they need to see rather than a jumbled mess of crap.

Edit: Wiki confirms tooltip is only the initial strike:

"Tooltip damage: The damage dealt and DPS values shown on this ability's tooltip only indicates the statistics of the initial hit and does not in any way show the damage of the projectiles."
SynTrSr - Trickster Soulrend/Bane
Last edited by generaldave on May 6, 2014, 11:57:26 AM
Ok, I managed to get some extra res off gear, so the tree is now updated. Also, I added the new toolpit with 8,550 dps at lvl 76.
"
generaldave wrote:
So, I've been working on this damage per second calculator. It's not 100% yet, but I've noticed that the tool tip dps only accounts for the initial hit. It doesn't seem to include the molten balls.

As for where I'm at with the calculator, the calculations seem to only be accurate with one weapon. I'm testing multiple set ups to get it right. And as soon as I start adding in the support gems, it starts going wonky. I've looked at it several times and I don't see where my formula is going wrong. If I don't figure it out soon, I might post it up and see if any one can help find my mistakes. Currently it's just an Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to make it an application or web application. That way the user only sees what they need to see rather than a jumbled mess of crap.

Edit: Wiki confirms tooltip is only the initial strike:

"Tooltip damage: The damage dealt and DPS values shown on this ability's tooltip only indicates the statistics of the initial hit and does not in any way show the damage of the projectiles."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai7lxebgMvl1dGhiNDRINks2NFgtTy1GM3VGcWVheFE&usp=sharing#gid=16

Boom. Calculator.
IGN: Dmillz
I already used the Farmongear's one which is now avialable in the OP.
There needs to be an option to have not chosen a bandit. Though, I could just select Alira on that calculator if I took the skill point. That or Alira could be changed to skill point being she won't affect Molten Strike at all.

Also, it won't let me type in what my weapon attack speed is, so I cannot get an accurate DPS reading. I tried with three different weapons. One with 1.51 attacks per second, one with 2.08, and one with 1.1. I also tried the base attack speed on each and still a no go (1.35, 1.7, and 1.1).

Third gripe is it could have a true/false option for Point Blank passive rather than either typing in 50% or not in the more projectile column.

Aside from those, it seems pretty solid. I can't test it's accuracy though, if I can't find a few weapons with a speed that the calculator accepts.
Last edited by generaldave on May 6, 2014, 7:24:51 PM
"
generaldave wrote:
There needs to be an option to have not chosen a bandit. Though, I could just select Alira on that calculator if I took the skill point. That or Alira could be changed to skill point being she won't affect Molten Shell at all.

Also, it won't let me type in what my weapon attack speed is, so I cannot get an accurate DPS reading. I tried with three different weapons. One with 1.51 attacks per second, one with 2.08, and one with 1.1. I also tried the base attack speed on each and still a no go (1.35, 1.7, and 1.1).

Third gripe is it could have a true/false option for Point Blank passive rather than either typing in 50% or not in the more projectile column.

Aside from those, it seems pretty solid. I can't test it's accuracy though, if I can't find a few weapons with a speed that the calculator accepts.

I am confused as to the problem with attack speed? You simply put it in the Weapon APS column. To be fair Point Blank almost always adds 50% more damage, but if you want to change that, File -> Save as Copy and edit that part. This is what I did to add a few more features (projectile dps, three dragons calc, more auras for ele build)
IGN: Dmillz
I understand where to type it. It won't accept any of those values. I get a restricted value error. I fixed that by removing the restriction. After doing so, the calculation isn't even close to my tooltip DPS.

Also, I understand Point Blank is always 50%, but how hard could it be to have a true/false option like Iron Grip, Resolute Technique, and Avatar of Fire? Being always the same value, it seems like it should be a static value in any given calculator.
Last edited by generaldave on May 6, 2014, 7:01:15 PM
Did you insert all additional values from your gear? Like additional flat damage, increased damage of all types, attack speed etc? Also, you need to remember this calculation doesn't contain quality on your gems, so you'd need to type the values manually. I'm already level 78, so tomorrow I should tell you guys if the dps from the calculator and my actual dps are anywhere close to each other.
Yes, of course, I have. And my gems have no quality. I have no character built for this. Was only using stuff to write/test my calculator. Currently using Molten Strike with no supports and in town, so no auras. My ring has a bit of physical and lightning and my amulet has a bit of crit chance. Tree has 8% melee physical. None of the keystones. That's all I have. Pretty easy stuff to put in.

Edit: I've gone through my gear and tree one stat/node at a time several times to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Edit 2: I also tried typing in accuracy and crit chance manually rather than letting it calculate those things because those calculations don't come out to what the character screen shows either. It was closer to tooltip, but only by like .03 dps.
Last edited by generaldave on May 6, 2014, 7:45:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info