1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

ign crixus_sabr
Thanks for your feedback! This is actually pretty simple, but before I get to the math, two things:
- in the Duelist starting area you went for the melee physical branch, which is kinda meh for this build. It pushes you even further into the melee corner while this build could use some more AoE/projectiles + attack speed;
- you respecced Iron Grip which is weird to me, it obviously takes three nodes, but hey, that % incr. AoE/projectile damage!
So, this is how the tree after some of your respeccing should look like:

It all looks ok at the 1st glance... but to be sure. Let's say we have 1,000 life and only get those specific clusters:
- yours: Duelist, 20% increased life + 5 flat from STR;
- mine: Marauder, 12% increased life + 30 flat, 20 flat from STR;
So...
- yours: 1005 x 1.2 = 1,206 life;
- mine 1050 x 1.12 = 1,176 life.
30 life difference per 1,000 flat... I guess it's worth it. I'll include it in my update. Thanks again!
IMPORTANT: If you say screw those AoE nodes... you'd get decent life profit, I'd say 250-300 per flat 1,000. Which is maybe even as much as 800-900 life compared to my build. But you passed on more/less 100% AoE damage. So, it's all up to you. I'll keep those AoE nodes in my build as I feel this build needs a bit more clearing speed.

edit: it's almost midnight and I'm dead tired, I'll look into it once again tomorrow, so I'd be sure all I said is actually correct.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
Last edited by Weißenberg on Sep 28, 2014, 5:58:34 PM
"
Weißenberg wrote:
Thanks for your feedback! This is actually pretty simple, but before I get to the math, two things:
- in the Duelist starting area you went for the melee physical branch, which is kinda meh for this build. It pushes you even further into the melee corner while this build could use some more AoE/projectiles + attack speed;
- you respecced Iron Grip which is weird to me, it obviously takes three nodes, but hey, that % incr. AoE/projectile damage!

The projectile nodes at the beginning of the duelist tree just seem to be not very useful in the long run. I'd rather just get more attack speed or phys%, both of which will increase damage from melee AND projectiles. If you're needing more clear speed, Herald of Ash + Elemental Proliferation is a great help with that.

I actually started out doing the same thing originally with the right side of the dueslist start, only I'm dual wielding and had those nodes. I found that I'd rather have the life nodes (even if they have melee physical).

As for Iron Grip, I've done some calculations on that as well in my crit molten strike build. From what I could tell, it only gave me about 2% extra total dps whereas Point Blank gave about 20% more.

This is NOT an attempt to promote my build. I'm only wanting to show you some of my calculations, if you're interested.
ign crixus_sabr
Herald + Prolif + Incr. Burning damage were already included in the build.

Ok, I calculated the AoE DPS (1h/shield), the difference between my tree and the respecced one listed below is 1,668 which stands for 3.68% of my total pre-respec DPS. So, I think you're right. 36% increased life is definitely worth losing that very little damage. And if I'm not mistaken I'd get 1% more block (which translates into 75% total) and 0.5% more life regen. Now I need 20 regrets to actually apply the changes... which is gonna be hard considering the 1h/shield built is dumped in Standard where I'm totally broke.

So, my 1h/shield tree should look more like that:

What concerns the DW version, Iron Grip takes only 2 nodes, so I calculated both trees... and I actually get 34 total melee/AoE DPS more after respeccing those 2 nodes for Finesse. 34 DPS is only 0,04% of my DPS and I don't get any other bonusses from respeccing (except losing 5 flat life), so the DW version stands as it is.
Last edited by Weißenberg on Sep 29, 2014, 5:11:34 AM
I made some change in my equip and in my skill tree, so i'm here for share my build.

Offense Stat
With Hatred and Herald of Ash ON:

Defensive Stat
With Grace ON:

Equip

Skill Tree lvl 89
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4B3AOHBLMILglYDhQUTRRSFHUWbxcvGNcY2xmOGekaOButG_ocpx3KI_YkqiXfJ-0o2zIJMn4yiTSTNZI26DbpOlI8LUd-Sn1KyE2STipTpVb6V-JYr1nzW69csGNwZOdlTWaeZ6BsFmxGbmluqnBycmxyqXfleA182X11hNmHGYd2kFWVZpkrogCjiqQZpMKnhKlurKqvjbXytkG3Pr2Bvoq-p8APwBrBi8T2xq7LQ9JN037T_Ni926fewd_v42rsOO2D7g7veu_j-tL8S_zF_gr-ug==

I made some try and i choose to remove Iron Reflexes, i find myself more resistant. Just because when i had 55% of armor mitigation some boss managed to one-shot me, but now, at least, i can evade them...

I hope to get some other advice.

Last edited by Tiagorn on Sep 30, 2014, 3:30:37 PM
Lemme do the update and I'll reply to your post.
Gear DW
IMPORTANT! OCT. 2 UPDATE NOTES
- Tree changes in both versions of the build:
a) 1h/shield: removed Iron Grip, Heart of the Warrior, Warrior's Blood and Aegis; added: Golem's Blood, Plated Defenses, Finesse, Heart of Oak;
b) dual wield: removed Iron Grip, Blunt Instrument, Berserking, Shaper; added: Sovereignty, Finesse, Heart of Oak, Ambidexterity;
- Key skill changesas well:
a) dual wield: removed Purity of Fire; added: Grace; upgraded: Herald of Ash is now linked with in-built Elemental Proliferation, Increased Burning Damage and Reduced Mana;
- Gear changes: added Atziri's Step;
- Uploaded gear of dual wield version;
- Uploaded tooltip DPS of dual wield version.

REASONING:
- Iron Grip: after calculating my DPS with and without it, it appears this keystone isn't worth the points you have to spend to get there;
- Avatar of Fire: 80% fire res doesn't do rack against reflect, you can't facetank large reflect packs and that's basically it, Grace does more good.

@Tiagorn: whatever you think suits you, if you feel more comfortable with armor/evasion hybrid, let be it. I never really had that much of a problem against physical damage, but after adding Grace I and getting 14,000 armor total I feel pretty ok. Your gear is pretty neat as well. I also see that you stacked some crazy amounts of life, which is kinda eyebrow raising considering you play in Standard. You can respec out of Iron Grip tho. If you invest those points wisely you can get more damage and some other buffs.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Oct 2, 2014, 4:47:22 PM
So IG isn't anymore to take?... Well this thing give me a lot of points... Time ti study.

Ty!!!
Changed some things again, read the notes again please!

Also, checked my DPS with a 6L, 46k, quite nice IMO, think with all necessary gems at 20/20 and at 111 passives 50k is possible. With Vaal Haste I got 56k, but it doesn't really count. I'm seriously thinking about rebuilding 1h/shield version towards more DPS, the gap between 1h/shield and dual wield is getting bigger and bigger, at level 88 my DW build has 100 more life (although I need to respec some 1h/shield points), similar armor, lower block (only 48%) but tons of DPS more, 16k difference on a 5L setting.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Oct 2, 2014, 4:52:49 PM
The changes are really way better then it was. But all of a sudden, a strong box ate me at lvl64/95% with a comon open-the-box-lag. *bawl* (and all i wanna do was that lvl65-Achievment)
I invested a lot of cuurency in the respecc and destroyed it right 2 hours after. Love it, this game is sometimes brutal! :)
ok, lets start again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info