1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

Ok, so I did some checking within the currency/gear I already have and here's what I've got:
- spell block appears only to be useful against certain bosses, with over 5,000 life we can roll over spell based trash without any problems (with capped resistances, of course). Instead of spending 2ex on an Aegis or Rathpith I'd rather recommend to buy a Saffel's (I saw 80% rolls being sold for 3c in Rampage) and hit up Vaal Grace when needed (or Rumi's if one happens to have it);
- damage; instead of respeccing a crazy number of nodes and losing lots of life I'd recommend going for Sovereignty and adding Anger, you'd still maintain a very decent armor (I got a bit over 12k at level 90) and get nice damage in return, my tooltip DPS at a 5L set-up is now 25,010 (19/20 gems). This would be the tree:

As you can see I needed to cut on survivability to get that damage. My life at lvl 90 is 5,175.
Yeah, that sounds a lot better. I was having problems with certain bosses that use spells, but I'm sure switching to saffel's will fix it (also having more life lol). It'll only take me 7 regrets to switch to your tree, I'll play around with what I have currently and eventually switch. Also, out of curiosity, how much is your molten strike dps when you switch out bm for added fire with and without anger?
Last edited by MonsterMike636 on Oct 13, 2014, 7:56:51 PM
Level 20 Added Fire with Anger: 31,780; without: 28,129.

Dual Wield Note: after some minor changes (crafted my gloves to get 10% attack speed, divined my 2nd Doryani's to get a better roll) the deeps on a 5L setup is 41,913. 6L: 53,100. Out of curiosity, 6L with Abyssus: 62,900.

Tooltip DPS of both versions, tree update of 1h/shield and gear update will be included in the OP, probably later today.
Ok, leveled DW to 90 and tried out some things:
- Death & Taxes and Olmec's Sanctum are definitely doable, just get flasks, recharge Vaal Grace, run Purities if needed;
- Atziri is hard, especially all kinda lightning damage since we can't afford level 20 Purity of Lightning (not enough INT), so I wouldn't recommend going at her with the DW version in a hardcore league. I only killed her, because I was with a ranged friend who had my back at times;
- DPS is solid, 44k on a 5L and 18/20 gems.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q
I picked up sovereignty and added anger. I also picked up a decent ring and amulet; my dps went to 24.8k with gems being 15-18/20. I dropped golem's blood to experiment with some damage nodes, so now my hp is 4.7k and my dps is 26.6k at level 87.

As of now I'm sticking with lioneye's remorse and atziri's step. I've found that vaal grace with inc duration is enough to kill spell damage bosses w/o taking too much damage. If I had a little more resists, I could replace the amulet with a lazhwar's.

Instead of blood rage, I'm using the frenzy skill gem. I don't take damage over time and it's better for single target charges. Dps with 3 charges is 28.5k. It would take only 1 extra point to get both the extra frenzy charge and duration on the tree, but I don't really have the extra points to do that atm.

Should I divine my Doryani's Catalyst?
Last edited by MonsterMike636 on Oct 22, 2014, 11:33:32 AM
Hi, 294 DPS on your Doryani's is pretty neat, so I wouldn't try to divine it, unless you're really rich and using a couple of divines won't hurt your wealth. 29k DPS on a 1h/shield is pretty good too, but 4.7k life is kinda low. What's your block chance at the moment? If it's around 50% then I would really recommend switching to DW, at level 90 my DW has almost 45k DPS (5L) and almost 5k life + 48% block. I run Grace so the amount of armor should be comparable.

Currently I was checking an other AoF build (Cyclone) and it looked pretty decent (22k tooltip DPS, which translates into 44k real DPS, so not bad for RT 1h/shield) and I may play it in the 1 month event or the next challenge league.
Right now my block is 65%. I was trying some nodes out, but if I went to your current tree with exception of the int node and Iron Reflexes, I'd have 75% block (6% from nodes, 4% from tempest), ~22k dps (w/o frenzy charges), and 25% more life and 2% more life regen. The -5k is from the extra damage nodes(2k) and removal of anger(3k). I'll probably end up reverting to it if I find out whether I should keep the 1h version over the DW.

Having no IR, I have 10k armour and 2.7k evasion (23% dodge(42% w/jade))
I should also mention that I'm not using meginord's atm.

The DW is definitely worth considering, but I would have to think about it for a bit. I know that the DW build needs IR for grace, so + armour, - evasion. I'd gain (on original tree) about 20k dps and lose 27% block and some %life.

I'm saving for a 6l atm, I am going to add fire pen, because I believe it will add a lot more damage than added fire. Also, have you found out whether the 1h shield version can do atziri?

Last edited by MonsterMike636 on Oct 23, 2014, 12:26:39 AM
Actually, I came up with a more efficient tree that doesn't use IR. It saves 2 points (3 if you count IR). I'll probably keep either the skull cracking node which will give me 73% block and some damage/stun, or Sovereignty, a block node, and 6% attack speed (71% block no tempest)). What could also be good is instead of having sovereignty (+anger) add thick skin (+tempest/blind).

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAZU0UUkd-vYGZK4TZrK9T31jbm4MFLWBLeu907YTvNZK18qlueA2-igHcpBkl3xv6MglybGxG2L3-Csautz5TpQxfHKd82XKprKon7cT2PC2exSE0YMS0L1Hmr41mnsAaWfMOFMtDGenewRo4p4SQVVfi7DgyiXflAnEEs_AfogC0-enVX8peHwz3UWBPfYBWfuL60uNqNunSTb6nbmnAD6TCFHUY23TxIWBAoFb6PeK309fLo4ruDhutSO54rtN-_rp9dU2SI_aHGWwW_EvnkcOGSn2Hdmeg_MWplZst
Last edited by MonsterMike636 on Oct 23, 2014, 4:00:19 AM
1. IR, it's obviously up to you, but respeccing from IR to get 2.7k evasion is IMO just plain ridiculous. What I see is, you saved up 2 points that you can't use in any effective way. Obviously, you can go Path of Life Nodes and get 10% more life. But, according to the Builder you have already 199% increased life, which should be... dunno, 5,400 hp? I'd rather stick with IR, especially since it gives you some more gear flexibility.

2. Belt, yeah, 24/29 phys/WED% should give you a bit more DPS than Meginord's. I just recommend Megi's because it's pretty cheap (dunno, 8c in Rampage?).

3. Fire Penetration, of course it will add more damage... but only against mobs that actually have decent fire resistance which means very few rares and uniques. I'd basically use it only against bosses like map Oak (97% fire res), against most other mobs it's just waste of a socket. I actually checked how many mobs (including bosses) have overcapped fire res, so that Fire Pen could actually be useful... 31. Out of... 344. In other words, Fire Pen is useful against 9% of mobs. In other cases Flammability does exactly the same job.

4. Atziri, dunno, I think this build has the tools to take her down. But I don't know your playing style. There's always a lot of people crying that OP said "yes, it's Atziri viable" and then they got smashed by the trio, because they didn't have the skills OP had. So, you have to try it on your own.
I didn't respec IR to get 2.7k evasion, I did it to get 3 more points. I already had 1 extra point because I didn't need the int node. So with 4 extra I'm able to add either thick skin (199% life) or Sovereign to the original tree (179% life). If I want to keep tempest + blind I'll get thick skin and if want anger I'll get Sovereign. I agree with you that IR is really good for gear flexibility and it would give me a lot of armour, especially from atziri's step, but I feel pretty good with armour and dodge chance.

Alright, I didn't know whether or not meginord's would give me more dps/life.

Yeah, you're right about fire pen. I would probably only use it on those specific bosses or maps that have +fire resistance or equilibrium and in pvp.

Alright, I can understand that being able to do Atziri does not only depend on the build, but also the skill of the player. Whether or not I can do it won't be a big deal to me, I enjoy playing this build because it's survivable and fun to play.
Last edited by MonsterMike636 on Oct 23, 2014, 5:12:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info