1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

"
nyttyn wrote:
What are your thoughts on the new Mokou's Embrace ring? Combined with a Cloak of Flame, and not only does it boost your meatball damage, it lets you reliably throw out even more meatballs. I'm using it with two brightbeaks, and...well, let me put it this way. I'm only level 46, and I can still throw out 4 attacks per second when ignited (which is a given, considering you're in melee range and enemies are hitting you all the time). Combined with multistrike (don't have a 4l for faster attacks yet sadly), and I'm looking at 12 Molten Strikes every second, which works out to be roughly 24 meatballs per second.

That's a lot of meatballs.

Herald of Ash is also very good with this build, especially once you get Avatar of Fire. A single death results in a chain reaction, and a lot of corpses.
IMO it's too risky and here's why:
- Cloak of Flame is an ES chest meaning you only get very little ES instead of decent armor you can get off any armor/evasion/hybrid chest, not to mention life and resistances you can get from both your ring and chest;
- you only get 20% increased attack speed from Mokou's. If you're lucky you can get enough flat physical damage + increased pdmg off STR from a rare ring... + life and resistances. In other words, you can get similar DPS boost and way more defense.

Herald of Ash... now that 1.2 is already on it seems it works crazy good with Molten Strike and AoF, can't wait to check it out myself. Monday I'll probably log onto my lvl 90 Duelist, update it to 1.2 and run some maps just to see how it's all working. You can expect some vids as well.
"
I don't want to level with this build until it's updated on what to go for first. Do you just go for the keystones in the order you've listed on the first post?
I'll upload leveling trees ASAP, I promise, I left for vacation the day 1.2 was being deployed, got back last Thursday night, but left again just a couple of hours later, should be home Monday evening.
"
K1tt0 wrote:
Which is better on rings and amulets: %WED or %Fire Dmg?
There's no difference after you get AoF.
"
TheSamsa wrote:
Hey there,

having loads of fun with this build, only end of act 3 normal though :)
Got some questions, wouldn't the support gem "Physical Projectile Attack Damage" increase the damage of the Meatballs immensly? Only question would be, wich gem should it replace :)
Also, are the Vaal Auras worth it, can they be casted frequently enough? Stopped playing right before they where introduced, so i got no idea. And are the regular Auras a decent substitute for them? ;)

greetings
Physical Projecyile Attack Damage only increases your projectile damage, while supports I recommend affect both your melee and projectile DPS. ;)
"
Kappistini wrote:
There's something I don't understand about the gem choices.

I see that you have Endurance Charge on Stun and Stun gems on your Leap Slam.

I thought that this was to generate your endurance charges when entering a fight but then saw that you have an Enduring Cry being cast on damage taken anyways.

Why the Endurance Charges on Leap Slam then? EC will already fill up your end charge limit instantly when you're in a group of enemies.

Pardon my question if it seems stupid.
It's just a bonus, there's very little you can link Leap Slam if it's only your retreat skill. Maybe LGoH or LL if you deal 3k+ DPS with your slam.
"
Agilaz wrote:
Is AoF a necessary node for those of us who do not own a Catalyst?
I'd say so, even without Doryani's this build gets pretty powerful with AoF, especially with new crafting options.
"
lPrototype wrote:
I was thinking maybe instead on endurance charge on stun, replace with culling strike, that way you could kill bosses at 10% with leap strike? and maybe faster attacks with Increased rarity, just a thought. Would it work?
It'd work, but considering that Leap Slam is only your mobility/retreat skill you barely use it to deal any damage... I'd rather use it with WED and let's say Chance to Ignite to get rid of white/blue packs.

K, now I think I replied to all of you, Monday/Tuesday you can expect some upgrade on the 1h/shield version of the build. Then I'm gonna take care of the DW one.

Cheers
"
lPrototype wrote:
"
Krooza wrote:
Great build you have here Dzwonsson. I was wonderng if you could give me tips on the types of weapons I should be looking for while leveling up. I have been using a Redbeak since level 2 and I am now almost 30. I feel like I need an upgrade. Any tips would be helpful, thanks!

Seeing as you take one handed/ mace damage nodes, and that physical damage is converted fire, you need high attack speed, +flat physical and +% physical along with any +damage elementals you can. Heres what i've used to far until i bought my current level 63 mace.
Although Brightbeak is your best bet for a weapon until level 50 or so PM in game if you want to buy it for a chaos. (_Azor_Ahai__)

Although i'm currently looking for a sceptre.

Thanks for the help!
Hey guys I've really slowed down with this build at level 57. I'm farming ledge now. Some problems I'm encountering:

Low DPS: Level 48 axe with +122% phys. Molten strike with multi strike, faster attacks, and blood magic leaves me with 1,201 dps without any auruas. I'm also using anger (as per the main post) to buff it. Do I need the 5 link to attach weapon elemental?

INT problems: What level should gems that use INT be at? I have 60 INT and keep tempest shield and purity of fire intentionally low.
"
Gentso wrote:
Hey guys I've really slowed down with this build at level 57. I'm farming ledge now. Some problems I'm encountering:

Low DPS: Level 48 axe with +122% phys. Molten strike with multi strike, faster attacks, and blood magic leaves me with 1,201 dps without any auruas. I'm also using anger (as per the main post) to buff it. Do I need the 5 link to attach weapon elemental?

INT problems: What level should gems that use INT be at? I have 60 INT and keep tempest shield and purity of fire intentionally low.
DPS: it really depends on the DPS of your weapon and damage mods on your other gear. If your weapon's DPS is relatively low and you don't have any additional damage modifiers on your other gear your tooltip DPS will be rather low. Also, you could trade Faster Attacks for WED as you level. Another thing is your DPS nodes, I always focus on life nodes 1st and that's why my DPS at level 57 wasn't impressive either. If you haven't picked AoF yet you could also use Hatred instead of Anger. Basically your DPS will be okish at best until you pick up Doryani's or some nice non-unique sceptre. BTW, remember that your tooltip DPS doesn't include your projectiles.

INT: you're using Tempest Shield for additional block, so it doesn't really matter at what level you'll keep it. Purity of Fire requires >60 INT at level 17 or 18 IIRC, so you don't need to worry about it.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Aug 31, 2014, 4:01:32 PM
UPDATE: leveling trees added. Vaal Grace traded for Vaal Cyclone. Buffs for 1H/SHIELD updated (to offensive: Herald of Ash and defensive: Tempest Shield + Blind).

1H/SHIELD UPDATE: current DPS with Anger is 17k, with Herald of Ash (instead of Tempest Shield) it goes up to almost 20k (screenshot added). I expect around 25k with the right jewelry (flat physical + % WED), WED on armor pieces (from Haku) and Q20 Herald. 6L should be somewhere closer to 30k. I'm planning to add some vids tomorrow.

DW UPDATE: currently leveling, going smoothly, 1st real updates around level 60.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Sep 2, 2014, 4:26:31 PM
Sorry if I missed the reasoning on this but why take 8% IAS from Kraityn instead of 18% phys damage from Oak? I saw the post were sai25 recommended doing that but you discarded his opinion pretty quickly yet the guide now says to do that. I saw an earlier post (prior to sai25's) where you confirmed that you would take the 18%. So why the change? Just curious. Maybe it's obvious and I'm missing something.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
I dropped Blood Rage which means I could use some more attack speed. It basically won't change much when it comes down to DPS, but it makes you attack look more diarrhea-ish. Also, now that I switched to Anger I have a certain share of damage that doesn't scale off % pdmg.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Sep 3, 2014, 2:48:15 AM
Hey guys, i have some questions about this build.. please if you know the answer, let me know!!

1- What kind of weapon should i be aiming for? ( elemental damage x physical damage stuff like that )

2- Can the build solo the Beyond content? i am not a really pro player but im far away from being a new player.

3- The Molten Strike dmg is mostly projectile or phy dmg? Should i be aiming for one especifically or with iron grip it doesnt really matter?

Thanks people!!
^
1: Your endgame weapon of choice should be Doryani's Catalyst which offers very good DPS, increased elemental damage with weapons and elemental life leech.

2: I don't know about Beyond, but I know a couple of players who successfully tried this build in both Invasion and the 1M HC Event.

3: In this case it's mixed. Anything that is not pure "melee physical damage" affects both your melee and projectile damage.

I hope this helps!
should i be dual wielding or using one hand and shield? or do u use both for different situations? also....how come u dont use any leech or LOH gems? im prob a noob for asking tho
Last edited by SmokaDaSpliff on Sep 4, 2014, 1:31:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info