1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Melee Physical Damage never supports projectiles.

Sure thing! I'm aware of that.

My confusion here is due to Molten Strike Projectiles have it's base damage derived from the total damage delivered by the first hit, which is a melee strike. So, if you improve your main hit (melee/physical), subsequent projectiles will benefit indirectly, but greatly. At least, this is how the tooltip description made it look like.

"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Actually if give up on a strongbox skill it gets even more interesting. You can add Molten Shell to your CwDT and Blind to your Tempest Shield. It worked well with Lunaris' Kole, don't know about maps yet. I'm gonna update the OP to include this combos.

Melee Physical Damage never supports projectiles. Projectiles scale off a) increased damage, that is not limited to melee such as the Path of the Warrior keystone or b) increased weapon damage as in "24% increased physical damage with one handed weapons" [and any other kind of weapon, two-handed, mace, axe etc.] or "24% increased weapon elemental damage". This info comes straight from the devs office it was Mark with the GGG who explained the working this kind of skill on some other occasion:
"
The projectiles are not melee, and do no benefit from any melee-specific bonuses. They are dealing your weapon damage, and do benefit from bonuses to your weapon type, or categories which include your weapon.
That was my thinking as well, but unfortunately this isn't the case. While calculating the projectile damage Melee Physical Damage simply won't be taken into account. This is a piece from the PoE Wiki art on Lightning Strike, a sister skill of Molten, pretty much dead on:
"Increasing the melee portion of the hit through melee-exclusive means such as Melee Physical Damage will not actually increase the projectile damage; the projectile damage is not "converted melee damage", a common misconception."
In other words, projectile damage is converted weapon damage, not melee.
Case closed, weapon elemental damage it is.

By the way, is there any weapon that could be considered an upgrade over doryani, or is it the top item for this build?
I doubt you can find anything better than Doryani's. It offers you some really nice PDPS (as much as 300+), gives you a huge elemental damage boost (110% if you count the scepter base) and more imprtanly gets you 1% elemental leech which is huge considering that 85%+ of your damage is elemental.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 29, 2014, 2:44:30 PM
Have you tried this at all?

Plan on trying it out as soon as I level up enough. Double your leech paired with
and pretty good stats ('cept life of course).

Or would the physical increase from a rustic be better? Guess I will find out soon enough.
I have the same question. But i need a fire doryani belt first to try out ;)
The main question is:
Can Molten strike build solo Atziri?
Anyone with it already tried?
Im afraid it will be really hard, im trying to finish my build, theorycrafting for few days...With some diferences and variations of Dzwonsson build.
Atm im trying with the aura nodes until Sovereignty (Templar area), so i can use Hatred+Grace+Purity or Hatred+Double Purity+Tempest Shield. (lvl86)
Your build just have one little problem, Doryani's Catalyst need 113 intel, and without going templar area you need a lot intel from items.
Hello i got a few questions for you if you don't mind.

1. Do you think your build is viable in invasion?
2. What do you think of taking the 2 nodes at the left of diamond skin that give 1% max resist to cold lightning?
3. Do you still stand with your choices of bandits? Wouldn't Oak - Killall - Killall be better?
4. The lack of Int you need to compensate with items seems on paper to pose a problem, what can you say about it?

Best Regards Mate
Seel - I was able to lvl up a pure moltenstrike build in Amb to act2 merc before first death, so I don't see why Inv isn't doable. Was going self-found up into early merc. 2 & 3 I'm neutral on, just depends on your build. 4 I get enough Int from traveling around the skill tree & gear.

Currently lvl73 - x2 more before Doryani Catalyst
gear

in the wings

Currently having some issues with taking huge physical dmg, might spec into IR to help mitigate that. Need to upgrade gear but have blown my wad on the belly & alphas & catalyst for now. Also need more mana leech to get away from that gem & use faster attacks at some point. So far loving the build.
BLAMT!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info