1.3 The Community's Molten Strike, Face Melting Build!! 1h+shield and 2h variants available

I've decided to proceed with the main build. still lvl 36 so i'm still using geofri's.
Quick question:

"
Level using Geofri Baptism into the mid to late 40s rushing Resolute Techniques and Point Blank then to templar.

does this mean that once I get RT and PB that I should try and get Avatar of Fire? since it's in the templar area. I've ignored the life nodes along the way and went straight with what was recommended (RT, PB,AF) Probably gonna get iron grip next since its only 2 points away.Life nodes then 1 hands and shields. Is this ok?
"
Nitsujin wrote:
I've decided to proceed with the main build. still lvl 36 so i'm still using geofri's.
Quick question:

"
Level using Geofri Baptism into the mid to late 40s rushing Resolute Techniques and Point Blank then to templar.

does this mean that once I get RT and PB that I should try and get Avatar of Fire? since it's in the templar area. I've ignored the life nodes along the way and went straight with what was recommended (RT, PB,AF) Probably gonna get iron grip next since its only 2 points away.Life nodes then 1 hands and shields. Is this ok?

AoF is only when your gear can permit it. By this I mean that you have enough leech to fund the skill and keep your HP against attacks. Generally its a later game choice. Focus on getting your HP up now and dont worry about AoF.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Oct 30, 2014, 10:55:06 AM
I would really appreciate any feedback on my build and gearing. I currently am not pleased with my 12kdps, and my lack of survivability. I am still learning the game, so if something I did wrong please let me know. Thanks!!

Thanks my gear set up atm.

Build now...
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvrwxnjXWRQr0xjWS_o9N46ZX2L218jJ-OlI26FiveA2pboTvYSEaVWSjm4NT36yv55HDhl4TTiq2QUMxG8gppVuv3Q38xRR1Vvqkwkp9h3ZnoHnA7tkGOdwdAeenMBiRUEcUIMEEVbWezV8_0iE4UyKvdudr2RT2hjv7qqC08wYZLtlhVw0n7ayqcql82YcZbBb8S2aewBpZ86-Np4SQVRo47Dh35VfiMokUTQSz8B-iAMWKtPnewRnpy0MOFA==

My final build

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvrwxnjXWRQr0xjWS_o9N46ZX2L218jJ-OlI26FiveA2pboTvYSEaVWSjm4Osr-eRw4ZeE04qtkFDMRvIKaVbr90N_MUUdVb6pMJKfYd2Z6B5wO7ZBjncHQHnpzAYkVBHFCDBBFW1ns1fP9IhOFMir3bna9kU9oY7-6qgtPMGGS7ZYVcNJ-2sqnKpfNmHGWwW_EtmnsAaWfOvjaeEkFUaOOw4d-VX4jKJFE0Es_AfogDFirT53sEZ6ctDDhSvbOnVDPdeHzs7af53U2CRg7GQChGB3UZjp4tPzNsFLWBLeu907aOK7g494rfT18tNkiP2
Last edited by Frankthetank2688 on Oct 31, 2014, 12:27:32 PM
The biggest problem lies in your gem set ups.

Looking at your 6L:
Drop Added Fire for Fire Penetration.
you should easily be able to sustain yourself with out life leech running both Doryani's. If you can, put Added Fire back in.

CWDT + Endurying Cry + Immortal call + Increased Duration - DONT skimp on the 4 Link. Reroll your boots gems to make it work. Make sure your increase duration is leveled to max.

Something to consider:
HoA is an amazing 4L to help with trash clearing.
HoA + Inc Burn + Red Mana + Ele prolif. You could simply place this 3L into your Doryani if you wanted or swap HoI for prolif.

Have an enfeeble on hand. Some maps are just an F'n bitch when it comes to the damage mobs deal and the enfeeble will really help.

I may have missed it as I am rushed for time here but I see no +1 to curses so your dual curse on the CWDT is not-optimal. I would have enfeeble sloted over warlords mark anyways.

Another problem is your Scion start... you want to avoid melee physical damage as it does not scale as well as weapon damage. Link to a GGG comment on the front page. This is however somewhat minor compared to the above.

I find vaal haste absolutely amazing in tight spots. More hits = more molten meteors = more damage = more LL = better survivability.

all i got time for... will try and make it back to give a more in depth analysis.
He there,

i just saw this Build and would give it a try.
I got 59 free Skill-Points right now (cause of the latest patch reset :>).

I would start like that:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQRVtZ7N0iFXDdlhGS4n7fxLbBaHGayqcql82acwFCBQRxiRAec26GSjGlVhIYTvXhMbyEMxtkFOKimlW6_dDfzFVvpjp91GEYEUdWegh3ZKfaTC458nL-8O

After that i got 8 Points left. What do you recommend to go now ? The 1Hand Nodes, should i go for the Templar Area now or grab the nodes at the Ranger area first ?

These are the changes I made.

Any better?
Looks good. One thing is by moving hoa, red mana, and Inc. Burning damage to the catalyst would free up a slot.

On my phone right now so I can't check your build but you may or may not be able to squeeze another aura
I'm really close to letting go of geofri's. How should I decide which 1h mace and shield to pick up to replace it?

Here's my progress so far on my character (This is the the farthest i've gotten yet lvl 47). Can I ask for things that i'd want to be getting around this lvl? what items and so on. Need a direction with regards to gear.
Last edited by Nitsujin on Nov 1, 2014, 4:34:07 PM
Hi Nitsujin,

Glad you are enjoying the build so far. Here is a link for a search I did on poe.trade for 1h weapons.

http://poe.trade/search/tanaobituhadok

Price range drastically but you are looking for a pure physical dps weapon. The damage of the 1h will be less or about the geofris but you will be gaining the defenses of a shield.

Another option is to go with a new 2h weapon like Rigvald's Charge.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rigvald's_Charge

It is slightly more damage then Geofri's but it is also much much faster giving you quite a nice boost in dps overall. I would probably go with the picking up a Rigvald's Charge for about 1 chaos and then swapping to a 1h weapon later on. You should have no problem as long as your HP is good and your resists are maxed.

Also you want your increased duration linked to immortal call, not enduring cry.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Nov 1, 2014, 5:43:42 PM
"
Stormi88 wrote:
He there,

i just saw this Build and would give it a try.
I got 59 free Skill-Points right now (cause of the latest patch reset :>).

I would start like that:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_wQRVtZ7N0iFXDdlhGS4n7fxLbBaHGayqcql82acwFCBQRxiRAec26GSjGlVhIYTvXhMbyEMxtkFOKimlW6_dDfzFVvpjp91GEYEUdWegh3ZKfaTC458nL-8O

After that i got 8 Points left. What do you recommend to go now ? The 1Hand Nodes, should i go for the Templar Area now or grab the nodes at the Ranger area first ?

drop the WED nodes in exchange for weapon damage nodes and move towards templar with your remaining points. Only get the WED after Avatar of Fire in late game. The exception is the WED nodes that are on the way to templar.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Nov 1, 2014, 5:40:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info