GGGs reasoning on not making a SFL?

"
cantilever wrote:
A multi player game where you can be in a guild together, chat together, party together but cant trade items... Doesn't sound like a great option for a multi player game.

SF players dont affect you in any way. But they dont need their own league either.

"
"
cantilever wrote:
A multi player game where you can be in a guild together, chat together, party together but cant trade items... Doesn't sound like a great option for a multi player game.

SF players dont affect you in any way. But they dont need their own league either.

Yeah I did the SF thing for a while. It was alright, had fun, progressed fairly well.

Then I decided to try my hand at some trading and farming. Almost night and day with the ability to progress. So Ill stick with trading. Like you said though someone playing SF doesn't hurt anyone. Having a separate league with all the multi player features except one sounds a bit odd though.
Peep
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
ExiledRenor wrote:
If a casual player finds for instance a Kaoms Heart its not adviseable for him to use it and build around it but rather sell it for an amount of wealth which allows him to fit 20 chars with equipment which represents his time investment.

This is stupid advice. Some people do this anyway, most likely with a Kaom's which is found early in a league, but the price of Kaom's would rise over time as more people seriously seek out and bid on BiS gear. Even if you're confident you're going to sell the Kaom's, it gains value as you hold onto it, so getting rid of it faster isn't smart.

That's the case in 4-month leagues. In Standard, it might not gain value over time, depends on the game development. It actually lost in value since it first got in after the making of legacy version.

That is not a stupid advice.
Nice how Scrotie gets away with calling people's posts "stupid".
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Ideas, and even posts, are often stupid, and clearly so — I have all the information I need to accurately appraise a sentence after the sentence has been written. This is completely different from saying its author is stupid, because I cannot judge someone's entire life based off words they happen to type (or not type) in a forum.

Also, just for the record, I genuinely think ExiledRenor is an intelligent person. Intelligent people often do believe wrong things, and when they do, a flawed premise or two generates many flawed conclusions dependent on that premise, creating a rather elaborate network of false belief. Isolating the flawed premise someone believes and deeming it incorrect is not equivalent to saying such a person is stupid, because if he was stupid he wouldn't have generated such an elaborate network, written about it profusely and with passion, nor come up with two decent suggestions despite the flaws in his theoretical basis. Thus, I find it ironic that you are implying I don't respect someone I actually do.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 13, 2014, 5:48:28 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Ideas, and even posts, are often stupid, and clearly so — I have all the information I need to accurately appraise a sentence after the sentence has been written. This is completely different from saying its author is stupid, because I cannot judge someone's entire life based off words they happen to type (or not type) in a forum.

It is different, but it should still be judged by the mods as antagonistic, as I have seen them remove and probate people for the same infraction or less. Your opinion doesn't make someone else's post "stupid" even if you justify and rant about it. There are situations that his advice was very good and times it would have been bad. So regardless of the rules around here your out of line by name calling his post like that.

Edit: Actually that guy's argument was never built around trying to get the most currency possible. His argument was that keeping one piece of ultra gear isn't a great idea when you can gear out many characters with the currency from it. Because a new or casual player needs a lot more stuff than one really good chest. It really doesn't make much of a difference if that chest would gain more value or not. (unless of course this is before it went legacy, however no one knew back then that it would go legacy).
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on May 13, 2014, 6:14:50 PM
"
Mr_Mustasch wrote:

The ability to read the market and determine whether a price is more probable to go up, down or stay as time goes on, constitute the core skill in trading. With it you can identify trades that have high odds of turning out a profit.

E.g. when GGG announced that they would re-balance auras and make some of them percent based the probability for Alpha Howl to increase in value was good. A good trader would invest in Alpha howls, bought at market price (3ex at the time), be patient, and later sell them at 5ex.

Crown of Eyes has recently gone up in value. What do you think about its future value? What are the probabilities? A good trader have an idea about this. Depending on the probabilities and the number of exalts he possess, he may choose to invest into X crown of eyes. Fully aware that there is a risk involved.

A not so skillful trader does not even entertain these thoughts!

Well thank fuck POE is an ARPG and not a trade sim/shopping game right ? Err right ?

=P
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Thus, I find it ironic that you are implying I don't respect someone I actually do.

Irony, like in the song "isn't it ironic"?

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on May 14, 2014, 5:58:30 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

Also, just for the record, I genuinely think ExiledRenor is an intelligent person. Intelligent people often do believe wrong things, and when they do, a flawed premise or two generates many flawed conclusions dependent on that premise, creating a rather elaborate network of false belief. Isolating the flawed premise someone believes and deeming it incorrect is not equivalent to saying such a person is stupid, because if he was stupid he wouldn't have generated such an elaborate network, written about it profusely and with passion, nor come up with two decent suggestions despite the flaws in his theoretical basis. Thus, I find it ironic that you are implying I don't respect someone I actually do.

Man, you BLOW. GTFO :P
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:

Man, you BLOW. GTFO :P

Reported for hate speech.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info