It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

"
majesw wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

I assumed you refer to solo self found because of the following statement.

The only game stopper for me was cruel Dominus. Couldn't solo him and had to do it in party. And yes Dominus is imbalanced at that level.

The whole game can be finished (killing merc Dominus) in party with self found gear,but it's not because of your self found gear. =)

Dunno, I've crushed through Cruel Dominus solo in the previous two new leagues with no issues on the third or fourth day of playing the league. I don't even bother trading until I get to merc act 3 unless I'm selling gear...

But this is perhaps because I've farmed Dominus for hours and hours and know the fight so well.

You soled it without portal abuse and at appropriate level?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:

You soled it without portal abuse and at appropriate level?

No, I generally use a portal or two.
My Spectral throw character used 5 I think. :-/
But I sometimes portal abuse rares and exiles depending on their mods.
"
majesw wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

I assumed you refer to solo self found because of the following statement.

The only game stopper for me was cruel Dominus. Couldn't solo him and had to do it in party. And yes Dominus is imbalanced at that level.

The whole game can be finished (killing merc Dominus) in party with self found gear,but it's not because of your self found gear. =)

Dunno, I've crushed through Cruel Dominus solo in the previous two new leagues with no issues on the third or fourth day of playing the league. I don't even bother trading until I get to merc act 3 unless I'm selling gear...

But this is perhaps because I've farmed Dominus for hours and hours and know the fight so well.

For sure majesw,but in this particular case a claim was made to progress in self found gear to merc docks (I also assumed solo because of the statement I quoted) and then admitted to party clear of cruel Dominus because he said it was a game stopper.

I'm not refuting solo self found cruel Dominus kills at game recommended level,just pointing out that Reinhart admits it to be a game stopper after his claiming he self found cleared to merc docks.

I also concede as fact that the game can be full cleared (merc Dom) in fully self found gear if one plays the party card,but I also strongly suggest that the clear will have more to do with party members carrying the self founder than the self founders gear playing a huge part.

=)
*yawn* always the same whiteknights and always the same frustrated player called hater.
the forum is probably dying :p
Last edited by PoorJoy on Apr 23, 2014, 11:55:10 AM
"
Temper wrote:

For sure majesw,but in this particular case a claim was made to progress in self found gear to merc docks (I also assumed solo because of the statement I quoted) and then admitted to party clear of cruel Dominus because he said it was a game stopper.

I'm not refuting solo self found cruel Dominus kills at game recommended level,just pointing out that Reinhart admits it to be a game stopper after his claiming he self found cleared to merc docks.

I also concede as fact that the game can be full cleared (merc Dom) in fully self found gear if one plays the party card,but I also strongly suggest that the clear will have more to do with party members carrying the self founder than the self founders gear playing a huge part.

=)

Ahh gotcha...
Yeah I dunno about a merc Dom kill...
It could be done, but you'd have to farm Lunaris for a very long time.
Partying makes almost all content trivial.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Too long have people like myself kept our hopes up hoping that things would change, but the more times you have done that in your life the more you start to realize that the future direction of a group is most often directly predictable if you follow the direction they were already moving in, and to believe it should change is something foolish to count on.

In exactly the same way, it is good wisdom to judge people by their actions in doing what they have been doing for long as the result of their own understanding and will to creation, rarely ever will people actually change and alter their course, rather will will keep moving in the same direction which also makes them change but only because they are have walked further down the same path, not because they have changed their path.

Desync, that whole thread is an excuse and people are eating it raw. It saddens me greatly when i read people who are okay with it because the devs have explained how hard it is for them to fix it. Satisfied with mediocrity much?

Remaining core issues are not even addressed in the development manifesto. You can do the math on that one can't you, to hope for anything else is naive. Furthermore, we have years of history showing that even if they address it, it will be babysteps, they are more or less satisfied with the overall state.

How is satisfied being used here? Well it is already revealed in OP, but one way of viewing it is to say that they believe the PoE experience is more or less right as it is, and are polishing while adding new content rather than altering the core experience of playing the game. Their actions reveal they do not believe the issues of the game are as fundamental as many would-be players do.

Lastly, the true purpose of posts like these eludes you as always and neither will i justify nor unveil it without good reason.

Whilst I really appreciate a well written description of your views, you still have the unsatiable habit of writing on behalf of what you believe to be some kind of core demographic.

Whilst I can't sit here and say you are wrong when it comes to scaring away new players, I can say with equal conviction that just as many players are attracted to the game for the things you believe to be flaws.

The other side isn't always greener.

Regarding desync.... I can disagree with you here fully. Put it this way... if GGG could be rid of desync, whilst keeping the core mechanics that contribute to it (block, body-blocking etc) then they would. Being that they WANT those core mechanics in the game which they have confirmed, the next step is to think around the issues, not 'suggest' to get rid of the mechanics.

I have nothing against you or the various posters on here who share your opinions but I think there is a depth to the repercussions of changes that have been suggested, that just isnt taken into consideration fully on these boards (suprise huh!!)

You have wanted change for a long time to make this game more enjoyable from your perspective (and others) and I have equally hoped they dont cave in to some of those requests.

I dont think this game is perfect, I think lots of yours/other peoples suggestions are great, but ultimately I accept the flaws because the pro's outweigh it. Even if the game stayed exactly as it is now.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
majesw wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

=)

Ahh gotcha...

Maj you naughty boy!

What do you two mean by doubting Merc Dom can be cleared solo-self-found :o

Ofcourse progression to this is a build up, which is what SF players sign up to when they decide to run SF. Nothing wrong with that. Just like the fact that a lot of SF players dont start mapping until 75-80ish. Also nothing wrong with that. Its a fun process and I would rather the slow(er) trickle of progression and to find my own gear, than to speed things up and never get an upgrade because traded gear is great.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
This game is superb if they could ever find a way to impede rmt.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Too long have people like myself kept our hopes up hoping that things would change, but the more times you have done that in your life the more you start to realize that the future direction of a group is most often directly predictable if you follow the direction they were already moving in, and to believe it should change is something foolish to count on.

In exactly the same way, it is good wisdom to judge people by their actions in doing what they have been doing for long as the result of their own understanding and will to creation, rarely ever will people actually change and alter their course, rather will will keep moving in the same direction which also makes them change but only because they are have walked further down the same path, not because they have changed their path.

Desync, that whole thread is an excuse and people are eating it raw. It saddens me greatly when i read people who are okay with it because the devs have explained how hard it is for them to fix it. Satisfied with mediocrity much?

Remaining core issues are not even addressed in the development manifesto. You can do the math on that one can't you, to hope for anything else is naive. Furthermore, we have years of history showing that even if they address it, it will be babysteps, they are more or less satisfied with the overall state.

How is satisfied being used here? Well it is already revealed in OP, but one way of viewing it is to say that they believe the PoE experience is more or less right as it is, and are polishing while adding new content rather than altering the core experience of playing the game. Their actions reveal they do not believe the issues of the game are as fundamental as many would-be players do.

Lastly, the true purpose of posts like these eludes you as always and neither will i justify nor unveil it without good reason.

Whilst I really appreciate a well written description of your views, you still have the unsatiable habit of writing on behalf of what you believe to be some kind of core demographic.

Whilst I can't sit here and say you are wrong when it comes to scaring away new players, I can say with equal conviction that just as many players are attracted to the game for the things you believe to be flaws.

The other side isn't always greener.

Regarding desync.... I can disagree with you here fully. Put it this way... if GGG could be rid of desync, whilst keeping the core mechanics that contribute to it (block, body-blocking etc) then they would. Being that they WANT those core mechanics in the game which they have confirmed, the next step is to think around the issues, not 'suggest' to get rid of the mechanics.

I have nothing against you or the various posters on here who share your opinions but I think there is a depth to the repercussions of changes that have been suggested, that just isnt taken into consideration fully on these boards (suprise huh!!)

You have wanted change for a long time to make this game more enjoyable from your perspective (and others) and I have equally hoped they dont cave in to some of those requests.

I dont think this game is perfect, I think lots of yours/other peoples suggestions are great, but ultimately I accept the flaws because the pro's outweigh it. Even if the game stayed exactly as it is now.

The problem with your logic is that we don't know the information - and not only that: GGG is totally unwilling to provide us the information.

The information being the actual number of players from past to present. Actually playing the game.

When the number of actual players playing the game dwindles to a certain point you can't even dispute what the majority of players like or dislike.

So really, either side of the argument can say one thing or the other until the numbers are released then we can't really be correct. HOWEVER that same time I can question WHY GGG wouldn't release the information. Nervous? Scared? I would say highly likely. I think if they had any actual number actively PLAYING the game they would just slam it in our faces - negative people like: "HAHAHA see boys: OBVIOUSLY people love our game here's this months number of players." - I bet large money that the number of players - not number of accounts made: let's be very clear here: actual people playing the game - is very very small especially in comparison of any other ARPG out there.
"
Zanixx wrote:

Ahh gotcha...

Maj you naughty boy!

What do you two mean by doubting Merc Dom can be cleared solo-self-found :o

Ofcourse progression to this is a build up, which is what SF players sign up to when they decide to run SF. Nothing wrong with that. Just like the fact that a lot of SF players dont start mapping until 75-80ish. Also nothing wrong with that. Its a fun process and I would rather the slow(er) trickle of progression and to find my own gear, than to speed things up and never get an upgrade because traded gear is great.
[/quote]

Haha!
Well of course it can be done. But at Merc Dom level you generally need to hit a build specific drop or two. That sometimes takes quite a bit of farming. A good build helps too :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info