It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

"
Temper wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
plasticeyes wrote:
[

i just started a new toon in ambush with no back-up stash (oh how i miss my leveling uniques !!)

normal and cruel were ok. useful stuff actually dropped and an occasional alch or 3 kept me going.

but merciless drops still SUCK relative to the difficulty. big time.

self found in act 3 of merciless ? not a freaking chance. i still wouldn't be there if i was running self found.

the drops simply aren't good enough to keep up with the gear requirements. i mean i guess they could be, if you want to spend 100 hours farming fellshrine...

1) Merciless is merciless. It is not meant to be a cakewalk.
2) You can get to Merc Docks with self found stuff + 3-links. I just tested it myself. Okay. It can go slow. But it is doable.

The sword that brought me there.

That sword is absolute dog crap for those junkies who od'd on PoE shopping. Yeah no wonder you wont find any 'upgrades' anymore.

P.S.; The only game stopper for me was cruel Dominus. Couldn't solo him and had to do it in party. And yes Dominus is imbalanced at that level.

But you didn't do it.You had to lolocopter party play it to *get through it*.The question here is why ?

No offense but saying and doing are two different things.

What a rethoric question on your part. The answer is in the goddamn post. But you just want to provoke. To spell it out for you: Cruel Dominus is overtuned. Actually it is just the endless stream of minions that keep comin and comin. With Weaver and Piety there is a max amount of those.

Falling from an airplane with or without a bulletproof vest; it wont make a goddamn difference.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 23, 2014, 9:53:51 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:

1) Merciless is merciless. It is not meant to be a cakewalk.
2) You can get to Merc Docks with self found stuff + 3-links. I just tested it myself. Okay. It can go slow. But it is doable.

The sword that brought me there.

That sword is absolute dog crap for those junkies who od'd on PoE shopping. Yeah no wonder you wont find any 'upgrades' anymore.

P.S.; The only game stopper for me was cruel Dominus. Couldn't solo him and had to do it in party. And yes Dominus is imbalanced at that level.

But you didn't do it.You had to lolocopter party play it to *get through it*.The question here is why ?

No offense but saying and doing are two different things.

What a rethoric question on your part. The answer is in the goddamn post. But you just want to provoke. To spell it out for you: Cruel Dominus is overtuned. Actually it is just the endless stream of minions that keep comin and comin. With Weaver and Piety there is a max amount of those.

Falling from an airplane with or without a bulletproof vest; it wont make a goddamn difference.

The question was to provoke yes,to provoke an answer as to why Dominus was a game stopper for you (in cruel no less) and the answer was that your solo self found gear couldn't match the check put to it,Dominus being overtuned or not is irrelevant,as had you traded for something better you would have passed the check.

=)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 23, 2014, 10:18:58 AM
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 23, 2014, 10:25:16 AM
"

Sorry that they way I play the game makes you so bitter :(

I'll play whatever way makes you happy since it effects you so much.

So, basically, I should stop playing Invasion because it is too safe, and start playing Standard like you, where the real danger is.

I don't play.

No, you should do what you want. Play the way you want, it didn't and couldn't affect me even when I did play.

I just find it really silly that I see you constantly picking at anyone who points out the flaws they see in the game, ironically, with your reply here, because they play different to you.

Honestly, my jaw drops every time I see you have a go at people who have gripes with PoE, especially those times that you accuse them of being lazy, or not putting in the work, or wanting things easy, when you spend hundreds of hours hitting a pinata and trading.

Has it honestly never occurred to you that these people might want to be challenged more from the game, that it isn't a case of anything you said, rather the opposite?

I dunno, carry on with the lolgame you play, you enjoy it, great.
Casually casual.

"
Temper wrote:

The question was to provoke yes,to provoke an answer as to why Dominus was a game stopper for you (in cruel no less) and the answer was that your solo self found gear couldn't match the check put to it,Dominus being overtuned or not is irrelevant,as had you traded for something better you would have passed the check.

=)

Cruel Dominus being a wall got nothing to do with the gear you wear. If I would have better gear, it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. So stop throwing out nonsense. 'Checkputs' .......

Dominus is just poorly designed (at least compared to Merveil, Vaal and Piety).
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Apr 23, 2014, 10:27:18 AM
"
"
dspair wrote:
God bless Charan.

Wouldn't that be a bit self-serving? :)

Ahh Charan, whos epeen grows beyond his own shadow!

You are without doubt the greatest fanboy on these forums. In order to preserve your ego you sometimes go wildly against them (seemingly) saying how displeased you are with some of their choices, but you are nothing short of a true fanboy and we all know it. You mingle, but you can't hang, the life of the fanboy.

Now i will grace you with some answers that probably won't satisfy you or save you from your own confusion.

Devs in this regard means the developers, those who have developed the game, represented as a unity and judged by their unified actions.

Are they satisfied? Not always
Are they satisfied with the overall state of the game? It would appear so.

Too long have people like myself kept our hopes up hoping that things would change, but the more times you have done that in your life the more you start to realize that the future direction of a group is most often directly predictable if you follow the direction they were already moving in, and to believe it should change is something foolish to count on.

In exactly the same way, it is good wisdom to judge people by their actions in doing what they have been doing for long as the result of their own understanding and will to creation, rarely ever will people actually change and alter their course, rather will will keep moving in the same direction which also makes them change but only because they are have walked further down the same path, not because they have changed their path.

Desync, that whole thread is an excuse and people are eating it raw. It saddens me greatly when i read people who are okay with it because the devs have explained how hard it is for them to fix it. Satisfied with mediocrity much?

Remaining core issues are not even addressed in the development manifesto. You can do the math on that one can't you, to hope for anything else is naive. Furthermore, we have years of history showing that even if they address it, it will be babysteps, they are more or less satisfied with the overall state.

How is satisfied being used here? Well it is already revealed in OP, but one way of viewing it is to say that they believe the PoE experience is more or less right as it is, and are polishing while adding new content rather than altering the core experience of playing the game. Their actions reveal they do not believe the issues of the game are as fundamental as many would-be players do.

Lastly, the true purpose of posts like these eludes you as always and neither will i justify nor unveil it without good reason.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

=)

Cruel Dominus being a wall got nothing to do with the gear you wear. If I would have better gear, it wouldn't have made the slightest difference. So stop throwing out nonsense. 'Checkputs' .......

Don't disagree with the second part, but the first isn't true in my experience. He's definitely gear and build dependant. I found him pathetically easy with an ele buzzsaw and a few cheapo uniques. My summoner was a different story. All the sploded corpses brought my fps to a point I could barely move.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Temper wrote:

=)

My whole point is you claim that,and I quote

You can get to Merc Docks with self found stuff + 3-links. I just tested it myself. Okay. It can go slow. But it is doable.

And in the same post admit that

The only game stopper for me was cruel Dominus. Couldn't solo him and had to do it in party. And yes Dominus is imbalanced at that level.

Those two sentences contradict each other.

Yet many players defeat Dominus cruel solo by trading so long as their build is up to the task.Maybe it was in part that your build is/was not appropriate to take on Dominus fight ?

I don't know your build or items and even if Dominus is overtuned in cruel then it's just a matter of extra gear check as his fight mechanics remain *mostly* the same through difficulties.

=)

Last edited by Temper on Apr 23, 2014, 10:43:44 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Beware, I got probated for calling him out on his ego. But, I don't have supporter tags, so...
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Beware, I got probated for calling him out on his ego. But, I don't have supporter tags, so...

Don't be too hard on him. He's dumped thousands of dollars into this game and it's gotta be disheartening to see most of it squandered away while playerbase shrinks daily. Yeah, he's got a free pass with the mods, but what are they gonna do? Probate one of their biggest donors?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info