It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
I like the fact the OP wrote the thread thinking it would be supported but infact, has found more people are satisfied with the game than they originally realised.

4 pages on 1 thread is surely enough to represent the entire PoE demographic :D

Really? I got too much removed by support - and to be honest here: I feel that the vast majority of the time that "removed by support" message was, in fact, something said AGAINST GGG. So really: what's left over is often a "atta boy GGG" which makes it safe to make your statement.

Personally speaking: I'm not playing POE right now. I likely will never touch it again. I sit and wait for word on drop/craft rates that favor the player. Until GGG decides to better reward my time I won't better reward their coffers.... nor will I continue the trap that is "make a new character every 4 months." Especially with the current platform/game engine they have the forces my playstyle. Infinite builds? LOLyarite. I wish. I would love to play even 10% of the builds I've designed (fuck: even 1% of the builds I've made I would be happy if I actually was able to play them on this terrible game engine)... but because of a terrible game engine I can't.

I'll happily continue to play my D3:ROS every night - continuing to play a game with an amazing engine - happily swap specs on my character to spice up how I play or switch over to any other level 70 character I have (I have all of them now) if I feel some need to play the game differently... and most importantly: I'll have fun with a game that actually caters RNG to the player. See? GGG has forgotten that this game is for the players. They are far too egotistical to care and are way far gone now. You guys can keep the game and them. White knight them to the games grave. It's actually too late now - 1st impression time is waaaay over. Honeymoon phase: nearly complete too.

Can't wait to see the next year or two while I'll still be over here happily playing the better game. ;)

Well said. I designed so many builds on PoE, but never managed to make them. I still have those tabs of passive tress, all optimized, saved on chrome. But hey, I realized that the drop rates will be much too low for me to ever finish building them. I think I completely burned out of PoE by now. Haven't been motivated to play for days thanks to the drop rate. I've been playing Warframe, where game play is easy and drop rates are high. And high drop rate is ENJOYABLE. I don't stop playing a game when I max out on gear. I love the feeling of roflstomping things for hours and hours with my eyes closed. Isn't ARPG about stomping monsters late game with no difficulty? I played hundreds of hours on my D2 summoner necromancer killing Diablo while literally AFK, and I loved it.

My enjoyable game would be one that I won't have to spend any effort on - but I know no game can be this 100%.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
Last edited by Xymordos on Apr 23, 2014, 2:21:38 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
Several players hide their tags because it ends up in "Wasted money for GGG" + probations.

JoannaDark is a double or triple gold supporter SaltyChipmunk is also a triple gold supporter.

Look at the feedback thread about wasted money even a Diamond supporter considers his money spend a waste.

Flawed logic.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
"
Zanixx wrote:

Me too. Lucky for me I guess.

+1

Of course you are, Swag. There's a 'low level', safe, pinata to hit, every 5 mins, for hours and hours on end.

Did it ever occur to you, that some people might find that a less than enthralling experience.

Sorry that they way I play the game makes you so bitter :(

I'll play whatever way makes you happy since it effects you so much.

So, basically, I should stop playing Invasion because it is too safe, and start playing Standard like you, where the real danger is.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 23, 2014, 5:08:54 AM
I am OK with the state of the game and will continue to play it and spend money on it.

Sure, desync is annoying as hell but I appreciate the communication of GGG on this. I can follow their line of arguments and I do believe that the direction they are taking is quite reasonable.

Also: trading is fine, drop rates are OK, the end game (i.e. maps) are far superior to any other end game I have seen in ARPGs -> I am having a blast.

Cheers!

Wow ... 18 pages long now. Just 18 pages of people repeating their points of view with no intention of listening, understanding or discussing anything other than the opposing argument is wrong and they are right.

Some people happy with drops, some not.
Some happy with endgame, some not.
Some people happy with trading, some not.
Some happy with SF, some not.

We're all different.

My favourite posts are those that are written by people who insist the game is dying/dead etc etc and somehow hold all the numbers confirming how many players play. Just because some of your friends stopped playing (which is normal anyway?!) doesnt mean that PoE is now hanging by a thread.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Zanixx wrote:
Wow ... 18 pages long now. Just 18 pages of people repeating their points of view with no intention of listening, understanding or discussing anything other than the opposing argument is wrong and they are right.

Some people happy with drops, some not.
Some happy with endgame, some not.
Some people happy with trading, some not.
Some happy with SF, some not.

We're all different.

My favourite posts are those that are written by people who insist the game is dying/dead etc etc and somehow hold all the numbers confirming how many players play. Just because some of your friends stopped playing (which is normal anyway?!) doesnt mean that PoE is now hanging by a thread.

Did you order these coffin nails ? =P
"
Temper wrote:
Did you order these coffin nails ? =P

Thats where they got to !!!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Faendris wrote:
I am OK with the state of the game and will continue to play it and spend money on it.

Sure, desync is annoying as hell but I appreciate the communication of GGG on this. I can follow their line of arguments and I do believe that the direction they are taking is quite reasonable.

Also: trading is fine, drop rates are OK, the end game (i.e. maps) are far superior to any other end game I have seen in ARPGs -> I am having a blast.

Cheers!

You should start over in a 4 month league where most players are. The drops are a lot different then from open beta and you have access to very little IIQ.
Last edited by IamtheAxeMan on Apr 23, 2014, 8:49:27 AM
maybe i'm not familiar with the ARPG culture but-

You can already beat the game TWICE with self found gear. Isnt the 3rd time SUPPOSE to be drawn out and requiring use of all of your resources (like trading, partying, crafting)?

i always assumed "end-game" meant that it is suppose to be difficult and grindy because its the last phase of the game, the apex of its difficulty. I dont get what all the complaining is about. It seems like it's purpose is to keep you playing for years, not a few weeks.

With all of the character slots, i figured that the game is more balanced around creating multiple characters and "end game" is the voluntary portion for those that WANT to grind. I assume its voluntary because its the 3rd time through the same content.

maybe someone can explain it to me. why all the fuss over playing a game a 3rd time that is suppose to be difficult and grindy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info