It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

"
Reserved for reply to crack, when I've time to decipher that one.

I deciphered it just fine and I am an idiot.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I play mobas frequently and you get to react in PvP situations in a splitsecond, gameplay is vastly superior and allows for far superior reactions than PoE, in fact you can react so fast that latency is something you barely ever notice unless there is a problem with your connection, even in PvP situations, whereas in PoE the game can't even handle PvE properly.

Well, a 'split second' is also something like 300 ms. Have you actually played a moba at 300 ms? It's unplayable. Everything above 100 ms is a noticable delay and will put you at a serious disadvantage compared to someone with say 30 ms. It would feel terrible in PoE, which is a much faster game anyway.

I and about a hundred thousand other players played the first version of DotA on WarCraft 3 Reign of Chaos with a 56k connection 250-500 ms was common. People still played.

I'm not debating that it was a hellish experience, but I think we've all become a little spoiled with sub 60 MS latencies in games like Battlefield. Desync is annoying but far from game-breaking.
At first I understood why GGG didn't take on desync...

But as of today... with all the stability of the game they COULD take a year off making weapons and fix the desync in the game engine and improve netcodes...

At this point all the player base want is to not lag. If I could play a session of 60 minutes without having to type /oos whenever I doubt then this game would live up to it's potential...

Sure... D2 had black walls but that wasn't happening each minutes... and it wasn't a netcode issue...

"
bluefalcon74 wrote:

The fixes for desync are real. The cost to GGG to make those fixes are unobtainable in their eyes. Don't act like they're above making decisions based on perceived reality of their situation.

Runic Games pull off an amazing workshop for Torchlight II in 8 months of pure sweat and heart... And now it thrives on fan-made mods....

They vastly have the ressource to improve the netcode and avoid their sync fix -_-

"

Desync is annoying but far from game-breaking.

Count how many Hardcore death happened cause of Desync... PoE would need a whole re-balancing if there was no desync
Last edited by joe_sblg on Apr 24, 2014, 5:10:04 AM
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:

The fixes for desync are real. The cost to GGG to make those fixes are unobtainable in their eyes. Don't act like they're above making decisions based on perceived reality of their situation.

sorry, i don't follow.

their perceived reality is exactly what they use to make decisions, isn't that true for all of us ?

as i said, i think that if there was a reasonable way to fix it, I believe they would.

I think it's possible that there is a way, and they haven't thought of it. It just seems unlikely.

there's quite the long thread about this subject, and it seems that they want certain things in the game that preclude fixes.

meanwhile D3 and torchlight are very fun to play even though they don't have these all important mechanics that GGG refuses to give up to fix desync.

Torchlight2 was amazing. Ran fantastically well on low level hardware and wonderful artwork and fun bosses. I really enjoyed that game. It had balance problems to be sure, if they had taken it up as a long term endeavor it would still be going strong and would probably be more enjoyable than PoE.
"
plasticeyes wrote:

Torchlight2 wonderful artwork

Im sorry, but really?!?!
Noblesse oblige
Do you know how long it takes to re-code a game? It's not as simple as you clearly thinks.

Do you know how long it takes to pre-balance the loot table? One item is enough to crash the entire market.

If they where to say something in the lines of: We're working on fixing the desync, improve crafting or the loot table. Everyone would assume that it will be implemented in the next 4-5 weeks. That's just not possible. Therefore, GGG aren't talking about it. They don't want to hype up something they're not sure about.

For a perfect example of a hype crash. Look at D3's PvP. They said ''soon'' for like 1.5 years. When it came, everyone assumed it would be awesome, it sucked and damaged the game further.

If you don't see where I'm going with this, respond with what's unclear and I'll try my best to simplify it for you.

PS: It's not your game, It's a free game, You don't have a say in where and what this needs to be.
Last edited by Maxwells on Apr 24, 2014, 3:18:31 PM
I'm a big GGG fanboy but I have to agree with the fact that PoE's flaws are front and center right now. PoE is still a great game to play and still very enjoyable, but after 2 years there are ALOT of vocal and unsatisfied players who have ditched their rose-colored glasses.
I think the game is great but I only have 800 hours and I have yet to find shav or Kaoms and I'm ok with that because I don't even map. I just make characters after characters and when they suck I delete and make new ones and that's fun

I do not have an issue with desync its almost non existence if you use the right tools
Last edited by radmanvr on Apr 24, 2014, 3:52:46 PM
"
Do you know how long it takes to pre-balance the loot table? One item is enough to crash the entire market.

WRONG ! The only way you can state that is when there is a base currencie for a global economy.
There is not in PoE.
Someone already made a REALLY good explanation about that on forum in open bêta will try to get you back this thread.

Thats the point, no base currencies, no need to spend 80hours per week to make a " balance ", let players do it themselves or not.

Best regards :)
Hf :)
"
Maxwells wrote:
Do you know how long it takes to re-code a game? It's not as simple as you clearly thinks.

If they where to say something in the lines of: We're working on fixing the desync, improve crafting or the loot table. Everyone would assume that it will be implemented in the next 4-5 weeks. That's just not possible. Therefore, GGG aren't talking about it. They don't want to hype up something they're not sure about.

For a perfect example of a hype crash. Look at D3's PvP. They said ''soon'' for like 1.5 years. When it came, everyone assumed it would be awesome, it sucked and damaged the game further.

If you don't see where I'm going with this, respond with what's unclear and I'll try my best to simplify it for you.

PS: It's not your game, It's a free game, You don't have a say in where and what this needs to be.

So you are suggesting that GGG just throw in the towel and never try to fix any problems? Even if desync is the result of serious flaws in their own game engine, one would think that there should be some kind of effort put into fixing it. If what you say is true and a major amount of PoE has to be recoded to reduce desync, then some very unfortunate but nonetheless flawed thinking proceeded their initial programming of the game engine. If their super tight server control to prevent exploit hacks means we end up with huge desync years later as more and more code is loaded onto the core engine, then I'd have traded a 99% hack free game for one that is significantly lower in desync. Probably the devs wish they could turn back time and have a do over on the server/client game core of PoE, but saying it is beyond hope of any fix to reduce it is just sounding the death knell for PoE.

So you think that in a free to play game we should never ask for changes because "we get what we paid for"? Well, so far I've purchased $100 US in points for stash space, a Kiwi pet (CB supporter pack), and a little bling, so that must mean I'm entitled to ask for changes. I spent $60 US on D3 (I wish I hadn't but live and learn) and now $39.95 for RoS so I'm at the PoE financial level now. I'm also on record in a couple of other posts to become a Champion Supporter as soon as PoE changes to be a better arpg for solo players so GGG knows what they need to do.

The loot table has to be massive for an arpg to be successful. So what? The Solo player needs the crafting orb drop rates increased and better item progression above level 50, not a complete overhaul of the loot database stats. If GGG makes statements of generality as you said without any hint of time frame then of course we will assume (incorrectly most likely) that the changes are coming in a few months. GGG can easily make some general news posts covering these things with a likely timetable and then a cautionary note that this is their best estimate. That would go a very long way so we at least know GGG is working on it instead of treating us like mushrooms.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info