It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

"
Krayken wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Peoples who don't trade will always say that the drop rates aren't good enough. Fact.

Except for all the self-found players who keep shouting 'the drops are fine' like myself?

Ultimately, players from both demographics have mentioned/discussed/whinged about droprates. From where I'm sitting, far more players who participate in trading complain about drops. They trade for great gear that would take a week or two to self-find, then they whinge they dont find their own upgrades :=/

You are one of the rare SF player who doesnt want an improvement of the drop rate. Self-found isn't what is being argued here anyway. I do think you guys should have a league on your own with improved drop rate to compensate for the inhability to trade.

You have an improved trade rate being that you are in the garbage dump heap league - basically no one cares about your league I don't mean this to sound offensive at all so don't take it that way - however how hard would it be to get a 6L trading in your league? Honestly like you said yourself: 10 hours? Max? Have you ever FOUND a 6L or CRAFTED one? No. So really? Perspective.

We ask for improved crafting/drops and you push back but in the same breath enjoy probably the best of all worlds where people think their items are complete trash in your league giving them away for nothing. Am I wrong?
Last edited by Isbox1 on Apr 22, 2014, 12:43:15 PM
This is going to be really blunt but quite frankly it does not matter what the devs think. There are many players that disagree with them and have quit the game for various reasons. This is something that GGG should be concerned about. If they are not then perhaps they are not suited for the job of developer.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

I noticed something, you play standard league only. A lot of the players here are doing the 4 month leagues. We start with nothing again. We are not playing with a years worth of currency and with BIS gear. Why don't you start playing a 4 month league and see how the drop are now, because it is different from last year when starting over with nothing.

How many exalts are 6l out there? On standard the cheapest 6l are around 30-35 exalts (example : 6l carcass jack, 6l voll's protector), at 27 chaos for 1 exalt.

Are 6l that expensive in the 4 months league? Do you guys not trade your smaller currencies for exalts?

If i can get 1 chaos worth of profit per map, im pretty sure thats the same in the 4 months league? Or did they lower the drop rates in there? 1 chaos per map, 10 maps a day, thats 1 exalt every 3 days (and 10 maps a day is what 2-3 hours, not rly hardcore).

I think peoples are just too lazy to vendor their rares/do the chaos/regals recipes. For example, I have bought 100+ exalts just selling alts and chroms in the past 3-4 months.

You don't earn wealth waiting for that 30+ exalt drop. I only found one piece of gear worth this much (A soul taker) in 1 year and a half of playing. But i now own plenty of items worth over 30 exalts. How did i get em? Pickup rares, knowing which ones can be sold, vendoring the others, doing recipes, etc. That's how you get geared, you won't get geared praying to the rng god.
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 22, 2014, 12:49:07 PM
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

I noticed something, you play standard league only. A lot of the players here are doing the 4 month leagues. We start with nothing again. We are not playing with a years worth of currency and with BIS gear. Why don't you start playing a 4 month league and see how the drop are now, because it is different from last year when starting over with nothing.

Heh. Talk about a totally borked/broken economy. It kind of makes sense now. Not sure how many people actually play standard league but I imagine it would be super easy to snag a nearly free 6L there trading.

If by nearly free you mean 30+ exalts then thats an interesting definition of "Free".
"
Krayken wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

How many exalts are 6l out there? On standard the cheapest 6l are around 30-35 exalts (example : 6l carcass jack, 5l voll's protector), at 27 chaos for 1 exalt.

Are 6l that expensive in the 4 months league? Do you guys not trade your smaller currencies for exalts?

If i can get 1 chaos worth of profit per map, im pretty sure thats the same in the 4 months league? Or did they lower the drop rates in there? 1 chaos per map, 10 maps a day, thats 1 exalt every 3 days (and 10 maps a day is what 2-3 hours, not rly hardcore).

I think peoples are just too lazy to vendor their rares/do the chaos/regals recipes. For example, I have bought 100+ exalts just selling alts and chroms in the past 3-4 months.

You don't earn wealth waiting for that 30+ exalt drop. I only found one piece of gear worth this much (A soul taker) in 1 year and a half of playing. But i now own plenty of items worth over 30 exalts. How did i get em? Pickup rares, knowing which ones can be sold, vendoring the others, doing recipes, etc. That's how you get geared, you won't get geared praying to the rng god.

Well that certainly sounds like fun gameplay and I'm sure for you it is. =)
Last edited by Temper on Apr 22, 2014, 12:45:03 PM
"
This is going to be really blunt but quite frankly it does not matter what the devs think. There are many players that disagree with them and have quit the game for various reasons. This is something that GGG should be concerned about. If they are not then perhaps they are not suited for the job of developer.

number of people entering game > number of people leaving

that's what they are primarily worried about.

i _do_ think they are worried about retention, but as long as they can bring in enough new players, then retention will take a back seat. the catch is those new players have to be supporters too. now that's some statistical information which would be very interesting to see.

what brings in new players ? "new stuff" i would think.

edit: new stuff is good for retention too. unless it's gated uber bosses that are really difficult to beat for all of us players who would really like to avoid path of trading. i don't even go into corrupted areas anymore. die a lot and there's no reward, except fragments to an uber boss i can't ever beat. which is not actually a reward.
Last edited by plasticeyes on Apr 22, 2014, 12:48:57 PM
"
Isbox1 wrote:

You have an improved trade rate being that you are in the garbage dump heap league - basically no one cares about your league I don't mean this to sound offensive at all so don't take it that way - however how hard would it be to get a 6L trading in your league? Honestly like you said yourself: 10 hours? Max? Have you ever FOUND a 6L or CRAFTED one? No. So really? Perspective.

We ask for improved crafting/drops and you push back but in the same breath enjoy probably the best of all worlds where people think their items are complete trash in your league giving them away for nothing. Am I wrong?

You are terribly wrong if you think it takes 10 hours to get 30+ exalts. You dont seem to know the standard economy much. You guys act like 6links are sold for a couple chaos. The cheapest 6link on standard is the tabula rasa, which is 3 exalts. Next cheapest is probably very trash rares and then theres the cheap uniques 6l like Voll's and Carcass Jack at around 35 exalts. So cheap :rolleyes:
"
Temper wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

How many exalts are 6l out there? On standard the cheapest 6l are around 30-35 exalts (example : 6l carcass jack, 5l voll's protector), at 27 chaos for 1 exalt.

Well that certainly sounds like fun gameplay and I'm sure for you it is. =)

Yeah picking up rares on the ground is too much effort. Let's just whine on the forums and blame the devs for the low drop rates instead, right? Perhaps action rpg isn't the game type for you. How else do you want to earn currency? You have another choice : item flipping (i doubt thats your thing, considering that you consider vendoring items too much work).
Last edited by Krayken on Apr 22, 2014, 12:54:32 PM
"

I don't know what maps you are doing to pull out a chaos each and run one every 20 minutes... I am not finding to currency or gear to get to those level. Try starting out fresh in Ambush and then get back to us.
"
Krayken wrote:

Yeah picking up rares on the ground is too much effort. Let's just whine on the forums and blame the devs for the low drop rates instead, right? Perhaps action rpg isn't the game type for you. How else do you want to earn currency? You have another choice : item flipping (i doubt thats your thing, considering that you consider vendoring items too much work).

I'm not particularly interested in *earning currency* nor playing the market.But I do like picking stuff up off the ground,perhaps this isn't an ARPG after all ? =)

Last edited by Temper on Apr 22, 2014, 1:00:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info