It's official, devs are satisfied with the overall state of the game

"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

If you find getting a 6l that hard then maybe you're doing something wrong. Do you vendor rares? Do you just wait for a 30+ exalt drop and discard everything else? It's easy to make 10 exalts a week just vendoring trash rares, selling OK rares and doing the chaos/regals recipes. Is 3 weeks too much effort for you to get a 6link or you want all your gear handed on a silver platter?

Let me add a bit of emphasis for you here because clearly you missed my message:

"We don't want to be forced to trade for upgrades. We want to find them." -Isbox1

Hope this helps clarify my stance on things for ya, sir.

it's no use. now all the trolls will accuse you of not being happy until you have everything you want.

I just want gear so I don't get killed as much.

and I _know_ what that gear is now that i've been playing a while, and no it's not a soul taker or OP unique of your choice. it's just a rare with decent rolls. they are _extremely_ hard to come by. hence, path of trading.

interestingly, i played self found recently up until merciless act 1 and things were reasonable. i wasn't OP but i wasn't dying all the time. i was actually having fun. and here's the key: i was actually finding stuff that was useful. why is that ok in normal and cruel and not in merciless ?? or was RNG just being kind to me ?

then you get to act 1 of merciless and you realize how much trouble you're in. you muddle along to the ledge and immediately scrape currency together to enter path of trading.
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

I noticed something, you play standard league only. A lot of the players here are doing the 4 month leagues. We start with nothing again. We are not playing with a years worth of currency and with BIS gear. Why don't you start playing a 4 month league and see how the drop are now, because it is different from last year when starting over with nothing.

Heh. Talk about a totally borked/broken economy. It kind of makes sense now. Not sure how many people actually play standard league but I imagine it would be super easy to snag a nearly free 6L there trading.
Blah, blah, blah...

Same old speeches, just a slightly different topic.

To the Haters, if you dont like it then get out. Let your #'s speak to GGG. If you think its truly a bad game making bad decisions then quit playing and if all of you do it then maybe GGG will listen to you. Yet you dont leave. Instead you keep playing and posting on a forum and QQ'ing about how you dont like that a game made by gamers for HARDCORE gamers is actually HARD.

The desync issue is understandable for players to be upset with. It sucks when you die from something you couldn't prevent. I thought Chris did a good job not only acknowledging the problem, but explaining the difficulty in fixing the problem. As far as drops, we have said this countless times. The drops are fine. Yes, you cant farm 100 hours and get all the best gear in the game. It was designed for that. Instead you are supposed to trade if you want top end gear. The economy and bartering system we figured in when coming up with the drop system. The chances of getting a high end gear that your character needs is pretty low, but by farming you will earn enough lower currency or drops you dont need and sell to be able to aquire the piece you do need. If you want to play "self found" then you accept that fact that A) you will be running with lower end gear and B) it will be harder which is the whole point of playing self found. What is so f'ing hard to understand about this? Oh? You dont like that system? Then see my first paragraph. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

To the White Knights, nothing. I agree with you guys. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
Last edited by dogghaus on Apr 22, 2014, 12:21:15 PM
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

I noticed something, you play standard league only. A lot of the players here are doing the 4 month leagues. We start with nothing again. We are not playing with a years worth of currency and with BIS gear. Why don't you start playing a 4 month league and see how the drop are now, because it is different from last year when starting over with nothing.

i just started a new toon in ambush with no back-up stash (oh how i miss my leveling uniques !!)

normal and cruel were ok. useful stuff actually dropped and an occasional alch or 3 kept me going.

but merciless drops still SUCK relative to the difficulty. big time.

self found in act 3 of merciless ? not a freaking chance. i still wouldn't be there if i was running self found.

the drops simply aren't good enough to keep up with the gear requirements. i mean i guess they could be, if you want to spend 100 hours farming fellshrine...
"
Krayken wrote:
Peoples who don't trade will always say that the drop rates aren't good enough. Fact.

Except for all the self-found players who keep shouting 'the drops are fine' like myself?

Ultimately, players from both demographics have mentioned/discussed/whinged about droprates. From where I'm sitting, far more players who participate in trading complain about drops. They trade for great gear that would take a week or two to self-find, then they whinge they dont find their own upgrades :=/
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
plasticeyes wrote:
"
IamtheAxeMan wrote:
@Krayken

i just started a new toon in ambush with no back-up stash (oh how i miss my leveling uniques !!)

normal and cruel were ok. useful stuff actually dropped and an occasional alch or 3 kept me going.

but merciless drops still SUCK relative to the difficulty. big time.

self found in act 3 of merciless ? not a freaking chance. i still wouldn't be there if i was running self found.

the drops simply aren't good enough to keep up with the gear requirements. i mean i guess they could be, if you want to spend 100 hours farming fellshrine...

Sometimes, its easier to play SF once you have levelled an alt. Its 2 characters running through the game and can often fill in the holes interms of gear.

However, once your at Act 3 Merciless, run to Docks with max fire-res and farm until 70. You cannot tell me thats too hard for people to do. You dont even need to quest. You could even farm Sarn if your drops are really bad (Ive done so in the past) until you catchup on either gear, levels or watever you need.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Isbox1 wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

If you find getting a 6l that hard then maybe you're doing something wrong. Do you vendor rares? Do you just wait for a 30+ exalt drop and discard everything else? It's easy to make 10 exalts a week just vendoring trash rares, selling OK rares and doing the chaos/regals recipes. Is 3 weeks too much effort for you to get a 6link or you want all your gear handed on a silver platter?

Let me add a bit of emphasis for you here because clearly you missed my message:

"We don't want to be forced to trade for upgrades. We want to find them." -Isbox1

Hope this helps clarify my stance on things for ya, sir.

Rofl so you don't want to trade and then you whine about the drop rate? It's not even worth it to argue with someone like you.
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
Peoples who don't trade will always say that the drop rates aren't good enough. Fact.

Except for all the self-found players who keep shouting 'the drops are fine' like myself?

Ultimately, players from both demographics have mentioned/discussed/whinged about droprates. From where I'm sitting, far more players who participate in trading complain about drops. They trade for great gear that would take a week or two to self-find, then they whinge they dont find their own upgrades :=/

You are one of the rare SF player who doesnt want an improvement of the drop rate. Self-found isn't what is being argued here anyway. I do think you guys should have a league on your own with improved drop rate to compensate for the inhability to trade.
"
dogghaus wrote:
Blah, blah, blah...

Same old speeches, just a slightly different topic.

To the Haters, if you dont like it then get out. Let your #'s speak to GGG. If you think its truly a bad game making bad decisions then quit playing and if all of you do it then maybe GGG will listen to you. Yet you dont leave. Instead you keep playing and posting on a forum and QQ'ing about how you dont like that a game made by gamers for HARDCORE gamers is actually HARD.

The desync issue is understandable for players to be upset with. It sucks when you die from something you couldn't prevent. I thought Chris did a good job not only acknowledging the problem, but explaining the difficulty in fixing the problem. As far as drops, we have said this countless times. The drops are fine. Yes, you cant farm 100 hours and get all the best gear in the game. It was designed for that. Instead you are supposed to trade if you want top end gear. The economy and bartering system we figured in when coming up with the drop system. The chances of getting a high end gear that your character needs is pretty low, but by farming you will earn enough lower currency or drops you dont need and sell to be able to aquire the piece you do need. If you want to play "self found" then you accept that fact that A) you will be running with lower end gear and B) it will be harder which is the whole point of playing self found. What is so f'ing hard to understand about this? Oh? You dont like that system? Then see my first paragraph. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

To the White Knights, nothing. I agree with you guys. HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

You haven't followed the development of this game for very long I take it ?

You even seem to be under the impression that there is actually a barter system,which there is not.

"
Krayken wrote:

I do think you guys should have a league on your own with improved drop rate to compensate for the inhability to trade.

Where do I sign up. Not everyone is good at being a used car salesman.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info