[Official] WINE info thread

I updated the wiki guide yet again as I decided it was easier to explain using the winetricks directx install method as ionface suggested.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 25, 2013, 8:50:33 PM
I'm now working with only winetricks -q vcrun2010 d3dx9_36 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20, but I have the glitchy font problem again. This was fixed before by using a clean wine prefix, this is as clean as I can get it. What in the the native syswow64\d3dx9_42.dll corrupts fonts?
Last edited by ionface on Sep 26, 2013, 5:45:18 AM
I dont believe 36 is needed anymore. I did a clean wine prefix and installed 42, usp10, vcrun2010, and then the dx redist in the poe folder, and the game is working fine. (minus the corrupted fonts.)

When I installed 36, and 42, but not the redist in the poe folder, the game failed to start.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Sep 26, 2013, 12:42:43 PM
"
tramshed wrote:
I dont believe 36 is needed anymore. I did a clean wine prefix and installed 42, usp10, vcrun2010, and then the dx redist in the poe folder, and the game is working fine. (minus the corrupted fonts.)

When I installed 36, and 42, but not the redist in the poe folder, the game failed to start.

I think you can drop the usp10 and replace the "redist" run with d3dcompiler_43 as ionface said.

winetricks -q vcrun2010 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20

I'm still looking at what is causing the font corruption (as are a few other people I'm guessing). Hopefully when one of us figures it out, we'll post it here so people can fix the font corruption problem.
i try all the the propourse of you guys, but all of them finnish in the same error:

"failed resetting Direct3D device object"

:(

I have a virtual drive with an instsalation and for each try, i make a copy in a second virtual drive..

I have windowx Xp too... and, copying all files in this SO, work fine... but i want to use it in linux.

I will check this post for another new or option to try... thanks.
Salta, Argentina
winetricks directx9 vcrun2010 riched20 gets the job done in as few keystrokes as possible. I don't see that there is any downside. Or any upside for other approaches at this time. There is no way to run the game without font issues now but it is rather minor.
"

"failed resetting Direct3D device object"

Explain to me step by step exactly what you are doing and maybe I can help. Obviously you will have to write down every click of the mouse, the name of every option you select, etc.

I'm quite convinced that if the wiki guide is followed exactly this is pretty much guaranteed to work.
iirc the usp10 is required for the patcher. Also, ill try the compiler bit without the redist, see how it goes.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Sovyn wrote:
winetricks directx9 vcrun2010 riched20 gets the job done in as few keystrokes as possible. I don't see that there is any downside. Or any upside for other approaches at this time. There is no way to run the game without font issues now but it is rather minor.

the entire directx9 package is way overkill, you shouldnt need it.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tramshed wrote:
iirc the usp10 is required for the patcher. Also, ill try the compiler bit without the redist, see how it goes.

usp10 is not required for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info