[Official] WINE info thread

"
Hello!.. now, 25 september 2013 i start the updater and them, in my Xubuntu 12.04 (using Play on linux using this guide)... i recieve this error:

memory(893,98): error x3004: undeclared indentifier "mad"

Accepting this...

failed to load Shaders/antialiasing.fx

Accepting this...

the D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objet were not released

Accepting this...

failed to create Direct 3D device objet

Accepting this...

DXUTCreateDevice failed

And then, the game appear in black, with the mouse cursor of the game, but the login screem and the sound never start

anny idea?? (SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD, I SPEAK SPANISH)

Yes, same errors here. We are talking about it in the Mac port thread since this one is pretty dead.
"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\memory(893,98): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'mad'

here as well
I solve the problem installing reinstalling the game (yes... it take a long time lol), but using the PlayOnLinux Prefix for Path of Exile the game work correctly (only after the install process, you may to create a shortcut manually of the .exe and then start it and wait...)

PlayOnLinux use the "1.5.28-PathOfExile" version of wine wich is fully configurated automatically for run the game correctly.

Have Fun.
Salta, Argentina
Works here on plain old (not really) wine-1.7.0.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I'm on Ubuntu Linux. I solved the problem. What I did was download the directx redistributable from MS:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

In PlayOnLinux I used the "run a .exe file in this virtual drive" option and installed the redistributable (DXSETUP.exe).

Game runs fine.
I'll update the wiki guide I wrote to reflect the latest required steps.
Spoiler
The problem is that we need the newer d3dx_42 native dll, but not the directx_feb2010_redist.exe version, the one which comes in the directx_Jun2010_redist.exe.

This is a bug with winetricks.

winetricks -q directx9 will download the proper directx redist, but that leaves you to clean up the extra junk they include with winecfg.

Using d3dcompiler_43 gives you the needed component. I looked again and I was wrong to blame the versioning of these two packages, since the directx does use the older one.
Last edited by ionface on Sep 26, 2013, 5:38:34 AM
The wiki guide is Now Updated for Path of Exile 0.11.6. Playing as we speak. You will notice step 6 is much different than before.

Let's not make this more complicated than it has to be. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
The wiki guide is Now Updated for Path of Exile 0.11.6. Playing as we speak. You will notice step 6 is much different than before.

Let's not make this more complicated than it has to be. :)

i reinstall all the game using the prefix "Path of Exile" in PlayOnLinux... and only work the first time y run it...

then...i use the wiki and the error continue...

"Failed Resseting Direct3D device objet"

i cant play :(...

I dont want to download it again..... for 3th time
Salta, Argentina
"

I dont want to download it again..... for 3th time

No need to download or re-install the game if you follow the wiki guide. You just move your game folder into a fresh PlayOnLinux virtual drive.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 25, 2013, 8:09:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info