[Official] WINE info thread

"
Thristian wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
The guide is now updated with my current specs and a recommendation to buy, beg, or borrow an Nvidia card!

You might want to mention that modern Intel Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge graphics (HDxx00) needs the latest kernel for best performance, and older Intel graphics (GM9x5) are too slow for PoE to be playable.

Good idea. Might as well make it as complete as possible. :)
Oops - double post. - deleted -
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 17, 2013, 9:58:46 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Thristian wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
The guide is now updated with my current specs and a recommendation to buy, beg, or borrow an Nvidia card!

You might want to mention that modern Intel Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge graphics (HDxx00) needs the latest kernel for best performance, and older Intel graphics (GM9x5) are too slow for PoE to be playable.

Good idea. Might as well make it as complete as possible. :)

if starcraft 2 is good and playable with ati 4850 this game should be too.
"
marceel wrote:
if starcraft 2 is good and playable with ati 4850 this game should be too.

Completely different game.. Completely different engine.. Completely different everything. You can't really compare games like that. It's like comparing apples to screwdrivers.
I dont have "openal32.dll" in my library list in winecfg... That is strange, cause I can find it in the system32 folder...

My sound is crap and I think it is because of this, anyone knows how to enable "openal32.dll" in the library list of winecfg?
"
xeXpanderx wrote:
I dont have "openal32.dll" in my library list in winecfg... That is strange, cause I can find it in the system32 folder...

My sound is crap and I think it is because of this, anyone knows how to enable "openal32.dll" in the library list of winecfg?

Are you using the correct version of wine? (which version are you using?)

On my current run, I don't actually have the override set on openal32, but the way I get to it is to click Configure for Path of Exile in PlayOnLinux, then click the Wine tab, then click Configure Wine. Once that dialog pops up, there's a Libraries tab and a dropdown where it says New override for library:. If I click the dropdown and type "openal" it appears right there, and I can click it and click the Add button.

As I said, I currently don't have the override set, and I have no problems, but your mileage may vary. If you don't have openal32 in that list, then you are probably running an older version of wine is my guess.
Playing with opensource driver "radeon" I had pretty decent 20-40 FPS and no FPS drops to 4-5 FPS. Well in city yeah but when i was out it was good. Dunno how it is when you are in group. If anyone can test it I don't have time now.
Card: ATI HD4850
I'm honestly not sure that we can expect to get any better performance for ATI/AMD cards considering Windows users are having similar issues (or worse). I wouldn't hold my breath for great performance on AMD/ATI cards until GGG can figure out what is affecting the Windows users as well and fix it. While there are certain windows users with issues on nvidia as well, the majority of problems I've seen are AMD/ATI cards.
PlayOnLinux froze when downloading tahoma32.exe. It appears that the web site used for that font is down. There's a bug report filed and work around here: http://www.playonlinux.com/en/issue-2169.html.

Nevermind, the site is back up, at least for now. If it goes down again, that work around could be useful.
Last edited by POINTS on Apr 27, 2013, 7:31:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info