[Official] WINE info thread

Only issue I've had is prolonged playing (Greater than 60 minutes it seems). FPS starts to stutter again and some screen freezings. Restarting the client fixes it. More of an inconvenience than anything. If others are experiencing this, please reply so we can let Chris/GGG know.
"
Wicla wrote:
"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
Performance is much better now, but guys are You experience fps drops when you open stash, map etc? In short if any window is open in game? Passive tree is also very very laggy for me, like 4 fps when fully zoomed out:/

Zooming out in the passive tree lowers my FPS to ~11. Opening stash and map lowers my FPS a bit but not with much.

can you share your pc spec?
"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
"
Wicla wrote:
"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
Performance is much better now, but guys are You experience fps drops when you open stash, map etc? In short if any window is open in game? Passive tree is also very very laggy for me, like 4 fps when fully zoomed out:/

Zooming out in the passive tree lowers my FPS to ~11. Opening stash and map lowers my FPS a bit but not with much.

can you share your pc spec?

Hardware:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: GeForce GTX 670 (2GB VRAM)
Graphics driver: nvidia binary 367.27
Disk: SSD

Wine settings:
PlayOnLinux
Wine 1.9.14-staging with CSMT enabled
Emulate virtual desktop 1920x1080 (and in game resolution 1920x1080 fullscreen)
GLSL: disabled
Video RAM: 2048
Ofscreen rendering mode: backbuffer (not sure if it matters)

PS: I've also supported GGG as Challenger Supporter as promised!
Last edited by Wicla on Jul 22, 2016, 1:59:57 PM
"
GamingRendo wrote:
Only issue I've had is prolonged playing (Greater than 60 minutes it seems). FPS starts to stutter again and some screen freezings. Restarting the client fixes it. More of an inconvenience than anything. If others are experiencing this, please reply so we can let Chris/GGG know.

similar problems here after about 30-40 minutes of gameplay
when it kicks in i get stutters when getting a lot of hits in e.g. default attacking one mob is fine but blast raining a pack will result in a big stutter
plus rain effects drops my fps much more than usual
works fine again after a restart

wine 1.9.14 staging / i5 2500k / gtx 780 with proprietary drivers

-nopreload -waitforpreload -gc 1 dont seem to provide any relief
Last edited by lilypaad on Jul 22, 2016, 10:47:53 AM
I read somewhere if you bring up the tty (Alt+Fx) and switch back, the lag from playing long overtime will probably go away, something to do with the graphics card. I may need to test this.
Hi

I still get stuttering after patch 2.3.2. The performance is significantly improved though. Before I could play ~5 minutes where after I'd get drops to <1 fps. Now it can take up to 20 minutes, and doesn't drop quite as hard as before. Still not playable though.

The drops seem to be related to on-hit effects. After 10-20 minutes of play hitting mobs starts to cause fps drops, and gets worse rather fast, where after it becomes unplayable.

This fps drops gets worse when ground effects are in play. Shooting a volley of spectral throw projectiles into a group of mobs near a shrine makes it drop quite heavily, but once cleared, I can hit mobs again without any fps drops.

The worst example I've come across is Trial of burning rage. Going straight into the map and into the trial, my fps will start dropping almost immediately, but only when I hit mobs. I cannot play through that trial at all.

Over at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25078 someone writes about POE leaking video memory. I tried doing some readings with nvidia-smi while playing, but couldn't see anything wrong (in fact GPU memory usage looked really low, typically ~2xx MB - not sure that is right). Going to terminal and back again does nothing for me.

Have not tried with -gc 1 or without sound.

System info: Wine 1.9.13, Nvidia GTX 670 with 340.96 driver, i5-4570 cpu, 16 GB RAM. Linux Mint 16 (need to upgrade soon :-)).
Switching to a tty did not help:
my stuttering seems to be a lot better using latest nvidia beta proprietary drivers
seems to only happen in certain zones or something; sometimes it happens on every pack and sometimes they just dont happen at all no matter how many targets i hit disregard, its just the timing (only starts after 30min - 1 hour of gameplay)

though im starting to get out of memory errors after about 1-2 hours of play, -gc flag doesnt seem to help

other than that game is running smoothly at 100% windows performance

"
hetjo wrote:

Over at https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25078 someone writes about POE leaking video memory. I tried doing some readings with nvidia-smi while playing, but couldn't see anything wrong (in fact GPU memory usage looked really low, typically ~2xx MB - not sure that is right). Going to terminal and back again does nothing for me.

this could be a lead
Last edited by lilypaad on Jul 23, 2016, 10:52:05 AM
Hi

Been playing a few hours with -gc 1 -ns. Performance is indeed better for much longer with this. Playing without sounds sucks though. Might try with just one of them sometime to isolate things a bit.

However, after an hour or two, performance starts to deteriorate. This is happens with on-hit and ground effects. So the same trigger, just takes longer.

Have been running:

while /bin/true; do nvidia-smi |grep MiB ; sleep 10 ;done

In the background while playing. 306 MB was the highest observed (2047 available), so I don't think leaking video memory is an issue.
For my environment I find --nopreload the most beneficial. Disabling sound really doesn't make much difference. The other thing I've done, at least for now, is turn down textures in production_config. However, apart from less VRAM used, I haven't seen any real improvements.

With regard to memory leaks, I did quite a lot of tests using gallium_hud and radeontop and whilst I didn't see a memory leak as such, I did see very sudden spikes that took VRAM load to almost double. It's for this reason I made changes to the textures. Average VRAM load is now around 400Mb

Other than that, things are pretty stable, 40 to 60 fps. Some sudden drops when opening boxes and of course instances take quite a while to load.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info