[Official] WINE info thread

Having played for several hours since the patch, I can honestly say, for me, there's very little, if any difference. In fact, so far today I've had a complete system crash and a weird instance authentication error. I'm also seeing some oddities with desync, but that may be unrelated.

Be nice to have some details about the Linux fix...
Hi there,

i want to share with you my way of running PoE smoothly on my laptop. Below is link to winehq where i explained everything in details.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?bShowAll=true&bIsQueue=false&bIsRejected=false&sClass=version&sTitle=&sReturnTo=&iId=25078

Cheers,
Scaal
Last edited by Filinomen on Jun 14, 2019, 12:39:36 PM
The patch really fixed the mana regen on linux, Thank you so much GGG!
For anyone interested I am runnin this in playonlinux using the 12.0 mesa drivers on R9 270x with the gallium-nine patches.
Just tried to do the parkour in chamber of sins(normal) and found it impossible. I get like one frame every 3 seconds or so. The using the same wine prefix and wine PlayOnLinux/1.7.19-WGL_WINE_surface2, that used to work just fine in the past.
Maybe the mana regen bug is fixed, but it doesn't matter if I don't get to cast my spells.
Welp they did it! Horray for GGG.
Guess i have to buy that supporter pack now, as i promised :)
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
It's much better now after patch 2.3.2. I agree with previous poster that the performance seems to deteriorate with time though. But it doesn't get bad as previously, not nearly as bad. But I restarted the game quite soon after it started happening.

This was with PlayOnLinux with wine 1.9.2-staging with CSMT enabled.
GLSL Support: Disabled
Video RAM: set to my graphics card RAM

Going to test 1.9.4-staging again. Had worse performance with 1.9.4-staging than 1.9.2-staging previously.

EDIT: 1.9.4-staging works good too.
Last edited by Wicla on Jul 20, 2016, 4:02:01 PM
"
acylus wrote:
Anyone know how to get sound to work?

Wine is using winealsa.drv and the sound is coming out when I click "Test Sound" but in game any sound channel I pick gets me "Failed to intialise sound driver".

Fixed this by installing lib32-libpulse by the way.
Performance is much better now, but guys are You experience fps drops when you open stash, map etc? In short if any window is open in game? Passive tree is also very very laggy for me, like 4 fps when fully zoomed out:/
"
HeniekHardkor wrote:
Performance is much better now, but guys are You experience fps drops when you open stash, map etc? In short if any window is open in game? Passive tree is also very very laggy for me, like 4 fps when fully zoomed out:/

Zooming out in the passive tree lowers my FPS to ~11. Opening stash and map lowers my FPS a bit but not with much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info