[Official] WINE info thread

^
Last edited by _MAL_ on Mar 31, 2016, 4:44:13 PM
I'm also getting weird performance drops since 2.2 arrived. It's a bit hard to tell since I've never had awesome performance, but it seems like it always drops to 10fps while my ES is recharging. I'm playing an EK Shadow, which means I'm usually out of melee range and even when I'm not, evasion gives my ES recharge a chance to kick in, so I'm seeing the effect a lot. When a mob's defeated, I'll have terrible performance for a little bit, then my ES gets back to full and I'm back to 60fps again.
The changelog of 2.2.1 mentioned some unspecified graphical fix, I hope it wasn't what Chris mentioned, because it didn't help at all.

I tried to investigate the issue. It seems to be caused by attacks hitting enemies (attacks not hitting enemies are fine), spells don't do much trouble either (20 blades' Blade Vortex despite the quantity of hits it lands). Allies' attacks seem to cause it too, but I am not entirely sure. I somehow don't even think it's a graphical problem.

I am thinking about using a profiler to see where does the CPU dwell on, maybe Wine has some badly implemented VC function that is used a lot when attack hitting is processed.
"
Thristian wrote:
it seems like it always drops to 10fps while my ES is recharging.

This was https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35718, update wine if you have an affected version.

I've been playing since 2.2 with the same exact wine settings as I previously had.

Gentoo Linux ░ nVidia 340.93 ░ Wine 1.7.54 Staging
winetricks -q vcrun2010 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20 usp10

I get FPS slowdowns and freezes at some Perandus boxes, like 1 in 10 makes my FPS drop to nothing, but I suspect that's a bug for everyone with old graphics cards, and the latest patch helped that a tiny bit.
"
ionface wrote:
This was https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35718, update wine if you have an affected version.

Thanks for the link, but I don't think I'm having that particular issue. I remember being affected by that bug: from the first loading screen all the way through login to actual gameplay, it would continuously flicker between the intended image and black.

In my case, it's not all the time, it's just during ES recharge, and it's not flickering to black, it's just sluggish.
It seems like regen of any kind, I'll be getting 333/500 fps on the graph and then it'll drop to ~20-30 when I active RF or whilst mana is regenerating
Hi guys, I just wanted to share a WINE/Linux logoff macro I wrote. The thread is here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1624141
Suggestions and feedback appreciated. I hope it is helpful for everyone.
Last edited by CookieTough2 on Mar 18, 2016, 11:25:13 PM
The latest patch mentioned here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1628183/page/1 seems to have helped a little bit, but did not completely fix the issue of the client performing worse over time. It takes longer to get to an unplayable state for me now at least.
There is definitely worse video performance this season. I freeze up on certain Perandus packs still (I just run away while it's frozen, then offscreen them, or I kite a few at a time with ~10 FPS). I'm convinced this is a cross-platform problem, as even much newer systems running Windows are shitting themselves on Perandus packs. I get long pauses when I approach trap Trials too, but it resumes as normal.

I had to mess with my audio settings in the game options to select the correct Pulseaudio device. It was showing me a dozen weird devices last week and selected one which added noise, but now PoE only detects the normal 3 choices.

My setup is working though:
nVidia 361.28-r2, Wine 1.9.5, winetricks -q vcrun2010 d3dx9_42 d3dcompiler_43 riched20 usp10
Last edited by ionface on Mar 24, 2016, 10:43:26 PM
Just installed PoE (standalone/non-steam) on Wine; performance is much better than I last recall. I didn't install anything through winetricks nor do any dll overrides.

I'm using Xubuntu 16.04 with padoka PPA (graphics) + sarnex's Wine PPA (gallium nine). I have a Radeon HD 7850 and I'm using modesetting and radeonsi scheduler. PoE is in a 64-bit prefix (last I checked, this was needed to enable higher texture settings in-game). Outside the game, the only thing I did was enable gallium nine from winecfg and set the video memory size to 2048 (not sure if that's needed really). In-game, I had to select the software PulseAudio audio device.

I'll have to actually play the game more, but I'm getting about 50-70FPS consistently (highest settings, no AA (it's blurry post-process) 1600x900) and no harsh hitching (previously, FPS would be like 40 or so average and hitch horribly on new asset loading).

So in-short, it looks pretty good, but I'll definitely need to play more to actually give a more accurate assessment.

I'm curious, what is the reasoning for some of the winetricks packages people mention and how and how long ago was it determined they were necessary? Apparently usp10 is still being mentioned as of lately but wasn't that deemed unnecessary a good while back?
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Last edited by Espionage724 on Mar 25, 2016, 12:38:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info