[Official] WINE info thread

After this expansion, the game is unplayable while in group for me. Playing solo is more choppy that it used to be, but still doable, however as soon as someone enters your group, the framerate sinks.

GGG must have done something with the renderer, because Windows users are also reporting lots of performance problems.

I hope this gets looked at ASAP and fixed.
i5-2500K w/12GB and an NVidea 750ti w2GB. Have been unable to play since the patch. The guide did not help. The game refuses to start at all, possibly because attempts to install the vcrun library mentioned above invariably fail.
update via windows and replacing the gamefolder worked for me. I tried a lot of stuff, and I am a total linux/wine-noob, but disabling GLSL (in playonlinux) helped a little. I tried several wine-versions and fps-issue remains, so I keep using my 32er 1.7.27-PathOfExile-1.7.27 .
I play with a friend in party and sometimes when screen is full and Perandus-Minions flood the screen with spells AND I use Blink Arrow .... but is is softcore-playable
oh ... and I updated my nvidia-driver (nvidia-352-updates for a GTX460)
(mint cinnamon 17.2)
Having tested a bit more it would seem that the game runs pretty well for me when I've just launched it. The performance is maybe 80% of what it would be running natively on windows. However, it gets progressively worse over time until it reaches an almost unplayable state with huge stutters and frame drops down to slideshow-level (less than 1 FPS in some cases). I then have to restart the game to get decent performance again.

I am running on 64bit Arch Linux with a 32bit wine prefix on version 1.9.4 of wine. My only winetricks are riched20 and usp10. Also disabled GLSL, and that did reduce overall stuttering a little bit, but not eliminate it. I am already running software audio, since hardware audio does not want to load at all for me. Also tried running without any audio (--nosound) for a while, but the progressive stuttering happened just the same.

My rig is a i7-3770K and a GTX970 and 16GB of RAM. The game (and everything else for that matter) is installed on an SSD.
"
carkasjak wrote:
Having tested a bit more it would seem that the game runs pretty well for me when I've just launched it. The performance is maybe 80% of what it would be running natively on windows. However, it gets progressively worse over time until it reaches an almost unplayable state with huge stutters and frame drops down to slideshow-level (less than 1 FPS in some cases). I then have to restart the game to get decent performance again.

I am running on 64bit Arch Linux with a 32bit wine prefix on version 1.9.4 of wine. My only winetricks are riched20 and usp10. Also disabled GLSL, and that did reduce overall stuttering a little bit, but not eliminate it. I am already running software audio, since hardware audio does not want to load at all for me. Also tried running without any audio (--nosound) for a while, but the progressive stuttering happened just the same.

My rig is a i7-3770K and a GTX970 and 16GB of RAM. The game (and everything else for that matter) is installed on an SSD.

Same experience on 64 bit. Tried exactly what you tried... Also funny that the hw audio wont load anymore.
ign:
quirx_rng_pls
Just re-installed and it's working here, sound and all.
Chris made a comment on a reddit regarding FPS lag and said this.

"
We fixed a bug that caused way too many draw calls to be rendered. In some cases, 3x as many. Jonathan will probably go into more detail later once we know the impact.

Hopefully this is what's causing the issue for us Linux users and once it's deployed we'll be back to normal.
"
GamingRendo wrote:
Chris made a comment on a reddit regarding FPS lag and said this.

"
We fixed a bug that caused way too many draw calls to be rendered. In some cases, 3x as many. Jonathan will probably go into more detail later once we know the impact.

Hopefully this is what's causing the issue for us Linux users and once it's deployed we'll be back to normal.

ye i hope my 970 will finally work as it should... :/
^
Last edited by _MAL_ on Mar 31, 2016, 4:44:57 PM
With the latest patches I've been able to play normally again, without experiencing crashes when changing maps.
Although I've never had high fps I'm in the same range I get on windows. I'm still using wine 1.9.2 staging.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info