[Official] WINE info thread

"
behemothd wrote:
Ok. just tried POE in wine 1.7.26 with the patch provided above.
Same thing exactly. Excellent performance, but bright full-screen gamma changes.
So, it'll take some time, i guess..

Hmm, tried any other games in wine on your system? Any similar issues? If so, might be a hardware problem. Just a thought, I've seen some strange stuff from an overheating video card or loose cables before.
"
ionface wrote:

I've got it set to fbo, and backbuffer causes weird effects. You can winetricks osr=backbuffer as a shortcut btw.

Set to fbo, unpatched 1.7.26 does not load poe at all, just flashes Loading.....

Works with backbuffer.... thanks for posting the shortcut. I use PlayOnLinux so it's really easy to set from the GUI.

So, with the revert patches, do you have any slowdowns or fps drops or GUI glitches in game? Aside from that minor misaligned globe....
"
Sovyn wrote:
Hmm, tried any other games in wine on your system? Any similar issues? If so, might be a hardware problem. Just a thought, I've seen some strange stuff from an overheating video card or loose cables before.

I get the same gamma problem with backbuffering turned on. A few other weird things too, like needing to alt-tab to get the main menu to show up.
Last edited by ionface on Oct 2, 2014, 5:54:47 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
So, with the revert patches, do you have any slowdowns or fps drops or GUI glitches in game? Aside from that minor misaligned globe....

It's not slowed down anymore. With glsl=disabled it seems to slow down maybe 5%, and has some 3D artifacts like the waypoint menu thing. Keep in mind I'm using the linux beta drivers.
"
ionface wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

It's not slowed down anymore. With glsl=disabled it seems to slow down maybe 5%, and has some 3D artifacts like the waypoint menu thing. Keep in mind I'm using the linux beta drivers.

Well, our oldest gremlin is the fps drops when new spells are cast. That's why disabling GLSL became popular to begin with. Are you saying that with your setup you don't have to disable GLSL? That would be good news indeed, but I'm skeptical. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
behemothd wrote:
Ok. just tried POE in wine 1.7.26 with the patch provided above.
Same thing exactly. Excellent performance, but bright full-screen gamma changes.
So, it'll take some time, i guess..

Nope, only in POE. The rest of the games run with no issues, but again, i'm not surprised, i don't really play much, thus i don't have modern games - just some old ones.
"
Sovyn wrote:
fps drops when new spells are cast

Disabling GLSL never fixed this for me, my hardware might be too slow for the translating of hlsl bytecodes to matter. Have always had video lag on heavy shader compiles.
Ok, guys, i find the solution. I think.
More like stumbled on it, by trial and error.

So the 2 versions of wine i tested with positive results
1.7.19 and 1.7.26

Wine 'tricks'

winetricks winetricks directx9 vcrun2010 riched20 usp10
winetricks glsl-disable

Registry entry for the game

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
"AlwaysOffscreen"="disabled"
"DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"
"OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"
"UseGLSL"="disabled"
"VideoMemorySize"="2048"
"VideoPciDeviceID"=dword:000011c0
"VideoPciVendorID"=dword:000010de

The graphics part works perfectly in both cases (both *.19 and *.26)

I do have some minor glitches on audio, thou, but i don't really care about it, i turn the sound off anyway to listen the music. I'll tinker with wine audio subsystem to make it perfect.
but so far - game works just fine , stable 50-60fps, no lags, no fps drops, full graphics details (i turned of shadows, i just don't like them, the rest is on max)

Well, thanks ;)
I'm having problems of constant blanking screen on startup, stuck on loading screen.

I'm using wine 1.7.18, no PlayOnLinux.

No matter what I do, always get stuck on blanking logo...

Should I try another wine version? PlayOnLinux does some help?

A patch or anything would be great if the game works, sorry if this was already covered in past replies... too long discussion thread. I jus' wanna play.

EDIT: Oh, I'm using Ubuntu 13.10.
Last edited by mihon00 on Sep 17, 2014, 6:23:19 PM
"
mihon00 wrote:
I'm having problems of constant blanking screen on startup, stuck on loading screen.

I'm using wine 1.7.18, no PlayOnLinux.

No matter what I do, always get stuck on blanking logo...

Should I try another wine version? PlayOnLinux does some help?

A patch or anything would be great if the game works, sorry if this was already covered in past replies... too long discussion thread. I jus' wanna play.

EDIT: Oh, I'm using Ubuntu 3.10.

winetricks osr=backbuffer

This will get it to load.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info