[Official] WINE info thread

"
MQD wrote:
"
the missing art from the loading screens?

This is kind of a regression for us, just wondering if anyone found a workaround.

Reproducible issue on several systems for me.

Exactly. I can not see loading screens now with latest patched wine.
Before 1.2.2 I did not have such issue (wine 1.6.2)

Regarding black screen at WP - I can not reproduce this problem

Have not found a workaround, I've tried every single version of wine. Pre-1.7.1 versions have the slowdown on mana use bug, post 1.7.0 versions have the GUI glitches with the required GLSL disabled tweak. Glitches are the lesser of two evils.

Agreed the patches make little, if any difference as the same workarounds like disabling GLSL are required anyway for endgame.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 19, 2014, 8:13:50 PM
I keep getting an error saying "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects". How do I fix this??
"
I keep getting an error saying "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects". How do I fix this??

First, open up the /home/my games/path of exile folder. Next, edit the file "production_config.ini" In the [Display] section, change to: borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false fullscreen=true

You can also set the resolution of your monitor here.

Here's mine:

Spoiler
[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=1080
resolution_width=1920
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=1
vsync=false
Ok, other than the driver and screen size my display settings look exactly like the above example. Now I can get to the log in screen and select my character, but instead of loading the town, I get an error that says:

Exception
Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE
Not available

Any advice on what to do here?

To be 100% honest, if anyone can give me completely idiot proof, step by step instructions on how to just remove Linux Mint 17 from my laptop so I can install Win 7 i would love it. Feel free to PM me if you can
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
There's no idiot-proof when it comes to installing an OS, especially a Microsoft OS. It has gotten much easier than it has been in the past, but it sounds like you have Linux secure booting from EFI, which is probably going to be a hassle. These instructions demonstrate how to install Windows on such a device. Depending on your laptop's model, it could be a very tricky process, you probably don't even have the windows installation medium which could work on that laptop, you probably need to create a bootable flash drive, or dust off the portable DVD drive and order a new set of Windows DVDs.

What is your laptop's full model number (not just the short one printed on the top)? What does it say for adapter_name?
Last edited by ionface on Nov 3, 2014, 5:51:25 AM
The no loading art isn't so bad, but now I got a problem where my minimap doesn't even show. Pressing TAB does nothing.

Anyone got any ideas?
Some good news for us Linux users.

1) I worked with a Wine dev and he came up with a patch that fixes the UI glitches (missing life bars, screen blackouts, missing loading screen art, etc.) in recent Wine versions. I updated my guide with the details. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine (Note, fixing this yourself is currently highly technical, but will hopefully make it into an official release soon.)

2) Additionally, I wrote to Chris Wilson about the frame rate drop upon mana use bug with latest stable Wine (1.6.2) and he said he would get the devs on fixing that up for us. Don't hold him to it, they are busy. Very encouraging however.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Some good news for us Linux users.

1) I worked with a Wine dev and he came up with a patch that fixes the UI glitches (missing life bars, screen blackouts, missing loading screen art, etc.) in recent Wine versions. I updated my guide with the details. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine (Note, fixing this yourself is currently highly technical, but will hopefully make it into an official release soon.)

While your guide is so very hard to look at, I appreciate the heads up on this patch.

"
Sovyn wrote:
2) Additionally, I wrote to Chris Wilson about the frame rate drop upon mana use bug with latest stable Wine (1.6.2) and he said he would get the devs on fixing that up for us. Don't hold him to it, they are busy. Very encouraging however.

Did you remind him that we've been looking at crappy glitch text for a year now? Since 0.11.6 forced native d3dx9_42.dll for compatibility.
I worked with the PlayOnLinux team and got the patched version of 1.7.27 I've been having great success with available for the whole community without having to compile. I updated my guide with the info.

TLDR, Just use "1.7.27-PathOfExile-1.7.27" in PlayOnLinux.
"
Sovyn wrote:
I worked with the PlayOnLinux team and got the patched version of 1.7.27 I've been having great success with available for the whole community without having to compile. I updated my guide with the info.

Thank you for this! I can't wait to test this new Wine out once I get back from work today. :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info