[Official] WINE info thread

guys from GGG, I not asking you to support wine, but please do not break working things!
Last edited by MQD on Sep 14, 2014, 8:31:59 AM
By the way: I just tried wine-1.7.25 and 1.7.26. Game doesn't start properly: I got black screen with mouse pointer and blinking "Loading..." at the bottom of screen
Finally I solved it.
With the patch from wine bug 35718 game runs smoothly.
https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=49567
Regarding the one guy's issue about the mouse cursor offset, this happens to me if I drag the game to my other monitor (which is lower resolution) after starting it (until I drag it back to the main one). So I'm not sure what the fix would be but play around with putting the game on different monitors if you have multiple ones. Also make sure the resolution the game is set to matches your monitor. It could also be related to DPI scaling potentially.
Last edited by I_I_I on Sep 14, 2014, 5:48:33 PM
"
MQD wrote:

I am not using PlayOnLinux, because it is not available for my OS. And thats why I can not switch to 1.7.19-WGL_WINE_surface.

Mint is just a derivative of Ubuntu, the deb packages should work fine.
"
MQD wrote:
By the way: I just tried wine-1.7.25 and 1.7.26. Game doesn't start properly: I got black screen with mouse pointer and blinking "Loading..." at the bottom of screen

All you have to do to use any recent version of wine is to set the offscreen rendering mode to backbuffer rather than fbo (default).
"
MQD wrote:
Finally I solved it.
With the patch from wine bug 35718 game runs smoothly.
https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=49567

Great! Have you tried endgame 6-man groups with lots of different spells going off? Just wondering with the patch you mentioned if you can get by without disabling GLSL which seems to be required to avoid FPS drops.
"

All you have to do to use any recent version of wine is to set the offscreen rendering mode to backbuffer rather than fbo (default).

I already had offscreen rendering set to backbuffer, but it did not work unless I applied the patch from above message
"

Great! Have you tried endgame 6-man groups with lots of different spells going off?

Not yet. Will try today.
"

Just wondering with the patch you mentioned if you can get by without disabling GLSL which seems to be required to avoid FPS drops.

GLSL already disabled. Thanks for reminder anyway.
"
MQD wrote:

GLSL already disabled. Thanks for reminder anyway.

Ok, then you are seeing the glitches in the UI, right? Like the screen going black when you open the waypoint menu in town, or the missing art from the loading screens?

This is kind of a regression for us, just wondering if anyone found a workaround.

Reproducible issue on several systems for me.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 15, 2014, 7:08:54 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Ok, then you are seeing the glitches in the UI, right? Like the screen going black when you open the waypoint menu in town, or the missing art from the loading screens?

This is kind of a regression for us, just wondering if anyone found a workaround.

Reproducible issue on several systems for me.

The patch notes art is only visible with riched20 native DLL. Is that what you mean?

The black screen might be an AMD driver thing. Try using backbuffer instead of FBO (regedit, http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys). What are your systems made of?
Last edited by ionface on Sep 15, 2014, 9:43:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info