[Official] WINE info thread

Hello, I am having trouble getting the game to run in Arch multilib, using PlayOnLinux, wine-1.5.28 (and all defaults from installing the game through PlayOnLinux). The game crashes on launch and I get this error:

"
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 762: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed!

Any help?

EDIT: OK, it's running now, after I removed lib32-alsa-plugins. I'm not sure why, but the game launches fine and sound is working. Does anyone know what might have caused this?
Last edited by tuubzorz on Apr 28, 2014, 6:59:29 AM
"
xyz wrote:
"
Malfal wrote:
Prior to the 1.1.0 update, Path of Exile ran perfectly for me using PlayOnLinux+Wine1.5.28 using Sovyn's guide on these forums (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/8980/page/57) and on the wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_on_Wine).

However, since the 1.1.0 update, I have been experiencing severe FPS drops upon nearly every monster death. The game runs smooth otherwise. I have not found any other post on these forums or on the Internets that's been able to help me fix this yet.

I have tried adjusting every possible video setting within the game and outside the game. I have tried numerous other Wine versions and many different prefixes. The game still runs perfectly EXCEPT when something dies on screen, then it stutters terribly... which is really bad when I use a room-clearing skill where all the monsters die in rapid succession. My character is frozen during that time (which will eventually lead to certain death playing in the Invasion league).

This problem has nothing to do with latency as far as I can tell. My latency is very steady in the mid 80s.

Has anyone else experienced similar performance degradation since the 1.1.0 update?

More importantly, has anyone found a solution?

My system:
Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition 3.50 GHz L2 15 MB
64 GB - 8 x 8 GB - Crucial Elite Quad Channel DDR3 - 1333 MHz
4 GB nVidia GeForce GTX 690 with 3072 CUDA Cores
Xubuntu 13.10 64 bit running on 2 x 1 TB SATA III 6 Gb/s 32 MB Cache (as 2 TB: LSI Hardware Raid 0)
Wine and PlayOnLinux running on 240 GB SATA 6 Gb/s Intel 530 Series SSD

EDIT: Error in system specs and a typo

Same here, FPS drops to zero on mob death.
Same here too - trying out poe in wine and getting bad stuttering only when something dies.
"
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x32e05c 63 ) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makexloc (0x32e05c 63 0x16571f18 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makewloc (0x32e05c 63 0x16571f18 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makeushloc (0x32e05c 63 0x16571f18 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x32a38c 63 ) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makexloc (0x32a38c 63 0x160a8a08 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makewloc (0x32a38c 63 0x160a8a08 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makeushloc (0x32a38c 63 0x160a8a08 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x32a384 63 ) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makexloc (0x32a384 63 0x15a85470 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makewloc (0x32a384 63 0x15a85470 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makeushloc (0x32a384 63 0x15a85470 (nil)) semi-stub

These are the errors that repeat for every monster death. No noticeable lag besides the stuttering when monsters die.
Those fixmes are internal wine things. You could try using the actual msvcp dll instead of the builtin, though it may not work/make a difference.
HAIL SATAN!
"
tuubzorz wrote:
Hello, I am having trouble getting the game to run in Arch multilib, using PlayOnLinux, wine-1.5.28 (and all defaults from installing the game through PlayOnLinux). The game crashes on launch and I get this error:

"
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib32/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_pulse.so
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 762: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed!

Any help?

EDIT: OK, it's running now, after I removed lib32-alsa-plugins. I'm not sure why, but the game launches fine and sound is working. Does anyone know what might have caused this?

Got the same problem here in a Arch based distro. But I package manager (pacman) won't let me remove lib32 cause it'd harm manjaro-alsa. I guess i'm doomed
Just a short note for those having troubles (on archlinux or arch based distros) with PlayOnLinux and alsa-plugins.
Someone found out that the issue is not with the alsa-plugins package but actually with pulseaudio version change 4.x > 5.x; therefore as workaround you may downgrade libpulse, pulseaudio and (in case) lib32-libpulse to the 4.x version.

If you won't downgrade or such you can either run PlayOnLinux without audio support or run only the native version of wine.

Anyway let's just hope that this issue get fixed soon (:
I have a quite a strange problem. I have a laptop with hybrid graphics nVidia GeForce GT 630M / Intel i7 Ivy Bridge. I am running the game on Wine 1.7.19 on Ubuntu 14.04. The game runs on the integrated Intel video card (but crashes if not set to fullscreen, but this looks like a common problem), but as expected with processors used as video cards, it runs horribly, framerate exceeds 25 only rarely and is mostly bellow 10, spell effects can drop it even to 2.

When I switch to nVidia video card (driver version 331.38), it fails to load. It opens the rendering window and sets the screen resolution according to its preferences .ini file (using fullscreen, otherwise it crashes), starts loading, occupies like 100 megabytes of RAM in a second or so (I am running it from an SSD), then it occupies a megabyte more in several minutes and then it stops loading completely, but carries on using like 7% CPU (maybe for rendering the loading screen and mouse pointer).

No terminal output, nothing relevant in the log file. I tried running it without sound, but it didn't help. Information about Wine's problem with nVidia driver problem seems to be very outdated, mentioning old driver versions like 304. Skyrim runs fine on the nVidia video card.

Any ideas what might be the problem?
Last edited by Dugi on Jun 16, 2014, 9:28:59 AM
"
pommy_tickles wrote:
"
fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (0x32e05c 63 ) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makexloc (0x32e05c 63 0x16571f18 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makewloc (0x32e05c 63 0x16571f18 (nil)) semi-stub
fixme:msvcp:locale__Locimp__Makeushloc (0x32e05c 63 0x16571f18 (nil)) semi-stub

These are the errors that repeat for every monster death. No noticeable lag besides the stuttering when monsters die.

Since the error messages refer to locale, you could try running with the default ("C") locale:
LC_ALL=C wine PathOfExile.exe
That can obviously only improve things if your (unix) language is normally set to something else, however.

Another possibility, if there's tons of those lines, is that the act of printing them is slowing down your computer. In that case, you can suppress them with
WINEDEBUG=-all wine PathOfExile.exe

Hope that helps.
"
sudo apt-get install preload

ubuntu default HDD setting is bad.
I tried relatime option and install preload.
now fps become a little a little a little better.
"
Dugi wrote:
Wine 1.7.19 on Ubuntu 14.04......
When I switch to nVidia video card (driver version 331.38), it fails to load.....

Must use Wine 1.5.28-PathOfExile or 1.7.19-WGL_WINE_surface2 (buggier but runs, no point to use this over 1.5.28). Both are available through PlayOnLinux, have not checked if available separately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info