I want the old, tougher Rogues back

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
... but almost all of the new monsters promote tactical type of play rather heavily. Evangelists, Alchemists, Porcupines, Soulless Watchers, Avian Wretches, any monster with a chilled ground mechanic. All promote tactical play.

The ones which are the most gear-check are the ones which cause unavoidable hits — mostly Flicker-Strikers and Leap-Slammers. (It's funny how Croaking Chimerals straddle both categories at once.)

Right...

And basically none of the old ones do. And there's a lot more old ones than new ones. So the easy solution (easy != best) is to reduce damage on the new stuff, reduce effectiveness of player defenses that are most effective to facetanking content and go from there.

This would leave all the new stuff just as tactical and threatening and would make the old stuff slightly more so since you'd have to rely more on your active defenses (skills, positioning, pots etc.) since your passive ones would be reduced.

Certainly not the ideal solution, that would involve a lot more. But still a lot quicker and leaving more time towards other development.

Don't get me wrong, I'm most definitely not saying things are fine as they are. But I am saying that the old may not be the best either. Don't revert the change but use the opportunity for a slightly new direction.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
I agree, please buff Rogues again. Killing the old ones felt quite epic, yes it was frustrating at times but overall it was a fun experience. Now most exiles are just trash mobs.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
They definitely need to find a middle ground (but leaning heavily toward the stronger side of it) for exile power.

Just make sure that you aren't killing your players before they can even finish saying "oh shit" after seeing an exile.
I thought pretty much all changes made to them were good EXCEPT the extreme reduction of life to them. They are like first time players now with no life on gear and perhaps 100% life nodes from tree.

edit: I do prefer them now to 1.1.2, though, at least in high maps.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Apr 21, 2014, 9:19:09 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

I DO NOT want the Vaal-Skill-no-cooldown-spamming Exiles.
There a difference between "tough and fun", and "BAM! You dead!".
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
stuff about old exiles and OP Vaal skills...It made for a divergence from the standard "tank everything" style and gave a greater emphasis on tactical, positional play.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Cergic wrote:
Should it be removed completely or 1-time use?
Fully charged on spawn, gains 1 Soul whenever the player(s) gain(s) 1 Soul.

Which means: one-time use if they're fought directly (or three-time, for V Burning Arrow), but if you run away and kill monsters to recharge your own Vaal skills, when you re-engage the Rogue they might have their Vaal skills back as well.

you do realize these are pretty much in direct conflict with each other? who in their right mind is gonna wander off and let the exile recharge their OP vaal skills?

NO ONE!!!!! They will boringly tank out the exile so they can't recharge their skills, soo fucking true I can't believe you didn't realize this yourself?

Oh and on topic I love the new exiles, I use to skip the old ones a lot because I didn't feel like wasting all that time for some blues...not joking.
S L O W E R
Last edited by ampdecay on Apr 21, 2014, 11:40:28 AM
"
Xendran wrote:
They definitely need to find a middle ground (but leaning heavily toward the stronger side of it) for exile power.

Just make sure that you aren't killing your players before they can even finish saying "oh shit" after seeing an exile.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Xendran wrote:

I have good memories from anarchy league with our whole party getting one shot by Orra Greengates rain of arrows in some vulnerability/extra damage map

was so funny everyone was like lolwat?

S L O W E R
I prefer them as they are now, honestly. I think the fights should be relatively short, they don't need 2x hp to be tactical interesting fights.

Also, anyone who wants more challenge but plays Softcore already has the option for more challenge. Play Hardcore/Invasion! If you aren't going to do that then apparently there's enough challenge already.
Team Won
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Except Magnus. That old Flameblast was insane.

The new one ain't exactly a tickle either.

I completely agreed with toning down the Vaal skill spamming. That was ludicrous. And I do like the idea of the exiles being similar to PvP encounters Overall I think I'm pretty happy with the change. Previously I just ran away from some exiles before even though I could solo Dom and Piety. Maybe that was intentional but it wasn't fun.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
Last edited by Phaeded on Apr 21, 2014, 6:01:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info