I want the old, tougher Rogues back

New Magnus is quite where I'd like to see exiles balanced towards.
Scary (especially with dmg map mods) but doable, with either good gear, tactics or skills.

On a slightly different note. High DPS to HP exiles reminds a lot of players. Raise your hand if your main-single-target-DPS to your HP ratio is lower than 4. Anyone?
[Standard league - UTC +2]
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Avramovic wrote:
OP can speak on his behalf, I absolutely love the new, 'wussified' Rogues. If the drops they give are still white and blue junk, I believe their current strength level is in accordance to the reward they give.
I was thinking the same thing today. The exiles are too easy right now but the rewards they give are at least balanced with their degree of difficulty.

You want super difficult long battle rogue exiles? Ok then they should drop a guarenteed 15-20 rares and have a 25-50% chance of dropping a unique.
The parts in bold are utter nonsense. Rogue exiles even when they were hard gave a stupid amount of loot, almost always including multiple rares. Also, I'm pretty sure their drops have been tuned down recently with the nerf. The older, tougher rogues had a nearly perfect difficulty-to-loot balance; the new ones, even with slightly reduced drops, are loot pinatas.

Another thing I want to get off my chest: old Antalie did not have a scary Vaal Burning Arrow, she had a scary Elemental Weakness. That curse was actually just about the only scary thing she was capable of. Overcapped resists utterly trump Elemental Weakness (which, by the way, is bad design) and made her, even in her old form, laughably easy. Very similar situation with Magnus' Flammability, by the way, although that's a little scarier because you can have Flammability and Elemental Weakness stack in certain maps (unlike Antalie). I believe Antalie should switch to either Projectile or Critical Weakness so that the emphasis on overcapped resists is minimized (it's already great for dealing with Elemental Weakness maps) and so that she can actually do threatening things within those EW maps.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 8:28:33 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
as.

Another thing I want to get off my chest: old Antalie did not have a scary Vaal Burning Arrow, she had a scary Elemental Weakness. That curse was actually just about the only scary thing she was capable of. Overcapped resists utterly trump Elemental Weakness (which, by the way, is bad design) and made her, even in her old form, laughably easy. Very similar situation with Magnus' Flammability, by the way, although that's a little scarier because you can have Flammability and Elemental Weakness stack in certain maps (unlike Antalie). I believe Antalie should switch to either Projectile or Critical Weakness so that the emphasis on overcapped resists is minimized (it's already great for dealing with Elemental Weakness maps) and so that she can actually do threatening things within those EW maps.

Did you not see the video of colby taking over 5K damage with 10k armor and 90% fire resist from vaal burning arrow in 75 bazaar?
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I used to love fights against Minara, Antalie, Igna. (Not Magnus.) Now they've been wussified. I was even keeping a tally of my Igna kills, but now that she's such a pushover it doesn't even seem worth it anymore.

What we had with Rogues right after introducing the Vaal skills was a glorious thing. I loved the Anarchic affix on maps, which not only gave some delicious quantity for a prefix, but also led to this cool on-your-toes gameplay. You'd never know exactly where you'd find the Rogues, and when you did you often had to manage relatively safe fights against normal mobs simultaneously with attacks from a dangerous foe. It made for a divergence from the standard "tank everything" style and gave a greater emphasis on tactical, positional play.

In other words, something like what GGG was trying to do with Invasion. Invasion fails at it; Anarchic succeeded.

It was a hell of a lot of fun. Anarchic was my favorite map affix by far, kind of like Temporal Chains in reverse: instead of making the map less fun and giving you quantity, it made it more fun and gave you quantity. It's too bad I have to use the past tense here.

We deserve more map affixes like that. And we deserve more challenges with transcend typical overgearing and instead focus on tactics.

We deserve the old Rogues, not the new weak ones. Maybe with slightly toned down Vaal skill spam, but in terms of changing their core stats (damage, overall EHP) the recent changes feel like a mistake to me.

Except Magnus. That old Flameblast was insane.

Ill comment on this since this is at-least tangentially related to why I quit . I ran The last exiles everywhere race before they nerfed.

I got to level 14 in that race fighting 3 - 7 exiles at a time . All them were easy to deal with even with vaal skills with two exceptions

the flame blast and xandro blooddrinker (because one attack command for him is like 9 ground slams which is untankable period).

The rest of the exiles could be dealt with by bringing a ranged component to your build and some hp.

I dont understand why they needed to nerf the exiles like that when really all they needed to do was tone back 2 -4 specific skills. oh and fix racing (gotta get that jab in before i vanish back into the world of minecraft ... yes minecraft .... sad chipmunk )

I agree they were a more interesting mod compared to the much reviled and very uninteresting fracturing/ temporal mods.

"
reboticon wrote:

Did you not see the video of colby taking over 5K damage with 10k armor and 90% fire resist from vaal burning arrow in 75 bazaar?

that is more a problem with how ggg decided to scale difficulty in end game around needing over capped resistances and huge hp pools
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Apr 22, 2014, 9:16:02 AM
If buffed again, rogues should always drop a unique, or a +2 levels map or 10 chaos or something useful at all.
As they used to drop a pile of trash, they still do. 10-12 blues, 1-2 rares, that are 99% of time vendor trash.

If there's no reward they are not worth dealing with at all.
Last edited by coyl on Apr 22, 2014, 9:26:55 AM
"
reboticon wrote:
No, I didn't.

But I'd bet good money that he didn't have overcapped Fire res. After Antalie's Elemental Weakness (you know, her actually scary skill), I very much doubt he had 90% fire resistance. Probably in the 40% to 60% range; her EW is somewhere near level 20, meaning -50% to all. Hence the huge damage. If his Fire was overcapped by 40% to 50% (130% to 140% stat-sheet in parentheses), she wouldn't have been able to scratch him at all.

People need to stop getting distracted by the loud explosions and pay attention to what's actually going on.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2014, 9:34:50 AM
"
coyl wrote:
If buffed again, rogues should always drop a unique.
As they used to drop a pile of trash, they still do. 10-12 blues, 1-2 rares, that are 99% of time vendor trash.

If there's no reward they are not worth dealing with at all.

why?

What do your bosses drop for you? dont bother answering. if you have decent rarity a boss will probably drop 5 - 8 rares and the rest blue items. There are exceptions but more often than not those rares and blues are also vendor trash.

So exile = 10 - 12 blues 2 -3 rares and every now and then a unique
a map boss in a 50% iiq map with 100 irr is lucky to drop 4 - 6 rares and 8 - 10 blues ...and maybe a unique

Looks about right to me.
Pew-pew!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Vg26VsHhQ

he did have ele weakness on him :^)
but it was the _other_ ele weakness
Last edited by CCR5 on Apr 22, 2014, 9:39:46 AM
"
CCR5 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-Vg26VsHhQ

he did have ele weakness on him :^)
but it is the _other_ ele weakness
I find that odd because I've had significantly less EHP and haven't been in that much danger. Maybe a 2.5k hit on 77% res from time to time.

Maybe it's due to the multiple projectiles and my Arctic Armour. If it's shotgunning, then ~150, times 2 (both Fire and Phys), times 3 (three projectiles) would be -900. Which would mean everyone else is taking 1k more than I am.

I also am pretty sure I've never gotten all 3 AoEs to line up on my simultaneously, unlike Colby in the video.

So I guess VBA shotguns?
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
I just came across a rogue exile box earlier(in academy). The exile died before I even saw which exile it was...

let me guess: RF build with insane gear and snapshots?

the Exiles do have less life than they should right now, but what's easy for your char isn't necessarily easy for mere mortals.

I still run from some of them, like Xandro.
nerf that bastard's attack speed and leech.

Physical crit split arrow/puncture.

All exiles are lasting 5 seconds even in the hardest maps. Exiles that used to be super tanky and quite difficult to take down now take 2 hits with my build. Other builds will still take them down in no time as well.

I don't mind the overall decrease in damage but their HP being so low is kind of silly. It feels like its catering to the exile race more so than the main game.

"
No, I didn't.

But I'd bet good money that he didn't have overcapped Fire res. After Antalie's Elemental Weakness (you know, her actually scary skill), I very much doubt he had 90% fire resistance. Probably in the 40% to 60% range; her EW is somewhere near level 20, meaning -50% to all. Hence the huge damage. If his Fire was overcapped by 40% to 50% (130% to 140% stat-sheet in parentheses), she wouldn't have been able to scratch him at all.

People need to stop getting distracted by the loud explosions and pay attention to what's actually going on.

His fire res was capped(90%+). Most of the damage of vaal burning arrow is physical.

She was OP before the patch believe or not. You can not evade it, it would go in LMP shots, it is one of the strongest single target skills in the game and she would spam it with very fast projectile speed.
Last edited by kasub on Apr 22, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info